Hud's a magician!

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

He made Wave755 disappear for a day.

Look into my eyes. :lol:

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Eaglewave
Swell

Hudspeth is a very good coach and he has done a great job at ULL. I have to give credit when credit is due. ULL's football program is officially bowl program. I can only dream of the day when I see our Green Wave take the field for their 4th consecutive bowl game.
Ball Sumrall!
Show Me
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote:

Hudspeth is a very good coach and he has done a great job at ULL. I have to give credit when credit is due. ULL's football program is officially bowl program. I can only dream of the day when I see our Green Wave take the field for their 4th consecutive bowl game.
It wouldn't take much. Join the SBC or CUSA and play their schedule you'd get your wish of 6 wins a year.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

It wouldn't take much. Join the SBC or CUSA and play their schedule you'd get your wish of 6 wins a year.
If my current coach was 1-4 against Sunbelt teams, I'd not say silly things like that.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Show Me
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote:
Show Me wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

If my current coach was 1-4 against Sunbelt teams, I'd not say silly things like that.
As bad as he is he'd still win 6 games a year in that $hithole.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Show Me wrote:As bad as he is he'd still win 6 games a year in that $hithole.
Based on what evidence? Seriously. You shouldn't let your unhappiness with Tulane's results allow you to make easily refutable statements.

This year's Tulane team, according to multiple rating services, would have finished in the bottom third of the Sunbelt. All of those teams were sub .500 on the year.
wavemania
Surge

Tulane couldn't win 6 games in CUSA for the longest. Quit acting like kids and give ULL the respect they deserve. They would have kicked our asses this year worse than what the did in the N.O. Bowl last year due to the incompetence of our OC and QB.
Eaglewave
Swell

wavemania wrote:Tulane couldn't win 6 games in CUSA for the longest. Quit acting like kids and give ULL the respect they deserve. They would have kicked our asses this year worse than what the did in the N.O. Bowl last year due to the incompetence of our OC and QB.

:idea:

Keno!
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

Show Me wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

Are you sure? What evidence do you have that would give you so much confidence to post that remark?

This staff is 1-4 vs the Sun Belt that include 10-63 and 13-41 _ss beatings in 2 of those losses. 1 of those losses were against a FCS-FBS transitional USA team!

We have some fans around here who are in denial. CJ and company haven't proven that they have what it takes to become bowl eligible in the Sun Belt. I truly believe that ULL would have kicked our_ss this season once again. They already beat the best team we have have since 2002 last year in the NOLA Bowl.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

Double post.
Last edited by Eaglewave on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:
Eaglewave wrote:

BS.

This year's Tulane team would not have won 6 games in SBC or CUSA. The coaching staff would have cost them at least 7 games. This team was bad, talented, but BAD. Poorly coached and poor game day execution. And if CJ doesn't fire the Price brothers, it will be no better next year, despite a year of maturity. The coaching was horrible. Hudspeth is a much better coach than CJ.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jonathan
Riptide

What are you smoking? All the best football schools have left the Sunbelt for CUSA. Your team U La La is stuck there in the Sunbelt with new mighty Southland Conference members that Tulane could defeat with one hand tied behind our players back. How did U La La do out of conference this year? . Please you and ex flash stay off our board. Rajun Pagin will not allow any Tulane posters on their board because they cannot take criticism or hear an opposing opinion about U La La. The moderator of your board did delete the disgracefull Toolame Sucks thread recently.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:What are you smoking? All the best football schools have left the Sunbelt for CUSA. Your team U La La is stuck there in the Sunbelt with new mighty Southland Conference members that Tulane could defeat with one hand tied behind our players back. How did U La La do out of conference this year? . Please you and ex flash stay off our board. Rajun Pagin will not allow any Tulane posters on their board because they cannot take criticism or hear an opposing opinion about U La La. The moderator of your board did delete the disgracefull Toolame Sucks thread recently.
Jonathan, I realize you're a total Tulane homer and that's okay, every team needs homers. Eventually though, one has to come to grips with reality if one is to effectively address problems. Here's the unbiased reality of what one of the top rating services thinks of the Tulane program relative to the Sunbelt. Check the others if you wish and you'll find they all pretty closely match one another.

Massey Rating Service

ULL 72
Georgia Southern 74
Arkansas St 93
Appalachian State 102
Texas State 109
South Alabama 118
ULM 122
Tulane 124
Troy 161
New Mexico State 210
Idaho 212
Georgia State 223

According to Massey, Tulane ranks 7th in the AAC and would have finished 8th in the Sunbelt. I agree fully with you that the Sunbelt's reputation is that of a rinky-dink conference and that the AAC has far more prestige. But when ULM, USA, or ULL take the field against Tulane or any other team, they don't give a rat's ass about what conference Tulane or other oppoentes play in or what conference they're stuck in. They play their best and compete head-to-head with whomever. The results over the last few years have proven repeatedly that Tulane's program is nowhere near where it needs to be and would have trouble week-in, week-out competing even in the RinkyDinkbelt.
Eaglewave
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote:
Jonathan wrote:What are you smoking? All the best football schools have left the Sunbelt for CUSA. Your team U La La is stuck there in the Sunbelt with new mighty Southland Conference members that Tulane could defeat with one hand tied behind our players back. How did U La La do out of conference this year? . Please you and ex flash stay off our board. Rajun Pagin will not allow any Tulane posters on their board because they cannot take criticism or hear an opposing opinion about U La La. The moderator of your board did delete the disgracefull Toolame Sucks thread recently.
Jonathan, I realize you're a total Tulane homer and that's okay, every team needs homers. Eventually though, one has to come to grips with reality if one is to effectively address problems. Here's the unbiased reality of what one of the top rating services thinks of the Tulane program relative to the Sunbelt. Check the others if you wish and you'll find they all pretty closely match one another.

Massey Rating Service

ULL 72
Georgia Southern 74
Arkansas St 93
Appalachian State 102
Texas State 109
South Alabama 118
ULM 122
Tulane 124
Troy 161
New Mexico State 210
Idaho 212
Georgia State 223

According to Massey, Tulane ranks 7th in the AAC and would have finished 8th in the Sunbelt. I agree fully with you that the Sunbelt's reputation is that of a rinky-dink conference and that the AAC has far more prestige. But when ULM, USA, or ULL take the field against Tulane or any other team, they don't give a rat's ass about what conference Tulane or other oppoentes play in or what conference they're stuck in. They play their best and compete head-to-head with whomever. The results over the last few years have proven repeatedly that Tulane's program is nowhere near where it needs to be and would have trouble week-in, week-out competing even in the RinkyDinkbelt.
I wouldn't be confident that we could beat anyone from New Mexico State on up. For some reason, we seem to have a few fans in denial who have based the team off of what the looked like against Houston. They seem to have forgotten what we looked like vs the 9 teams who defeated us.
Ball Sumrall!
JDTulane
Riptide

I cant wait for his magic disappearing act.
cajunfanatico
Swell

JDTulane wrote:I cant wait for his magic disappearing act.
Yeah, and every single year we hear the same thing.

Sure, Hud will leave eventually, and depending on how he's doing at the time, I'll likely not be happy with it. But when he leaves he'll likely leave behind a program in a lot better shape than he found it. He'll leave behind a larger stadium, a new athletic center, and the trophies from at least 4 bowl games....something we only dreamed about 5 years ago.

He'll also leave behind a new, competitive pay structure for the next head coach and his assistants. He'll leave behind a program that will be far easier to sell to the next head coach than the one he found when he arrived. Most importantly, he'll leave behind a fanbase who expects a winning program.

We could do worse.
Eaglewave
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote:

Sure, Hud will leave eventually, and depending on how he's doing at the time, I'll likely not be happy with it. But when he leaves he'll likely leave behind a program in a lot better shape than he found it. He'll leave behind a larger stadium, a new athletic center, and the trophies from at least 4 bowl games....something we only dreamed about 5 years ago.

He'll also leave behind a new, competitive pay structure for the next head coach and his assistants. He'll leave behind a program that will be far easier to sell to the next head coach than the one he found when he arrived. Most importantly, he'll leave behind a fanbase who expects a winning program.

We could do worse.

You are 100% right about that. I really like what ULL is bringing to the table. I won't be shocked if ULL is invited to C-USA pretty soon. They would be a good addition. ULL has the fanbase to attract larger bowls if they can pull off a very special season. Hudspeth took over a program that was picked to finished dead last in nation in his first season and ended the season with a 9-4 record and NOLA Bowl win vs SDSU. The man is a winner.
Ball Sumrall!
cajunfanatico
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:

We could do worse.

You are 100% right about that. I really like what ULL is bringing to the table. I won't be shocked if ULL is invited to C-USA pretty soon. They would be a good addition. ULL has the fanbase to attract larger bowls if they can pull off a very special season. Hudspeth took over a program that was picked to finished dead last in nation in his first season and ended the season with a 9-4 record and NOLA Bowl win vs SDSU. The man is a winner.
Thanks EW, he is a winner and a motivator..... posting that first year record with the previous coach's recruits who'd gone 3-9 the year before.

According to folks who would know, when he was interviewed for the job, Hud told the president and the AD that he could win at this level and that he had the blueprint to build a much better program if they supported him with the right investments.....he wanted that new athletic center and the stadium expansion. So far both sides have done their part. I hope it continues.