La. Tech humiliates the ULL 48-20

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Jonathan
Riptide

48 to 20. ULL has been bragging all week that they are better than CUSA,will go undefeated this season,will be ranked in the top 25 in the nation ,being looked at by the big boys etc etc. A very embarrassing defeat and rout to see a Academic Tier 1 university very sure of itself rout a Tier 2 university very insecure in its own name and academics. Holtz out coached Coach HUD. The University of Louisiana at Lafayette,alumni and fans are paranoid being a directional school,Southwestern, and like to call themselves the University of Louisiana. We all know that there is only one University of Louisiana,Tulane, that was created the University of Louisiana by legislative act in the 19 century. Tulane was added before the name when Paul Tulane made substantial donations to the school and it went private. The official name and correct name of their university is the University of Louisiana at Lafayette ULL the sister school of the University of Louisiana at Monroe ULM. The Bulldogs racked up 533 yards of offense on the Cajuns. Last ULa La loves to overstate their attendance figures on campus and in the New Orleans Bowl. Yesterday Tulane had a packed stadium with 30,000 in the stands on campus. Yesterday on Cajun. field sadly only 25,607 against an interstate rival. What does that tell you about their false attendance boasts and claims about how great their football program is in the lowly Sunbelt Conference? The worst two parts were the ULL fans are fair weather. They abandoned the team and stadium in mass in the 3rd quarter. All 30,000 Tulane fans stayed to the end. The ESPN3 announcers on the internet said the best of the Sunbelt was beaten by the worst of CUSA. Will be great for Sunbelt and U La La recruiting.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave755
Tsunami

Apparently ULALA will not be surpassing the Saints as Louisiana's best football team anytime soon and Hudspeth might well be back next year after all. :lol:
Bigschtick
Riptide

No upside to be laughing at anyone!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote:No upside to be laughing at anyone!
ain't dat da truth !!!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

Yes indeed, a tough defeat. Tech outplayed us in every phase of the game, completely dominated. Which at the end of the day, that was probably actually easier to swallow than the Cajuns having the game won and giving it away at the last minute. And if a team is going to have this kind of defeat, I think it's better early in the season than later. We'll get waxed next week by Ole Miss but if we at least play a decent game, we should be okay the rest of the season.

Looking on the bright side, this may be the game that keeps Hud in Lafayette for another year and also means Skippy Holtz stays on at LaTech....sort of a win/win for us Cajuns.

BTW Johnathon, you've told us repeatedly that Tulane has moved on to bigger and better things and that the Cajun program doesn't matter to you. So why the gloating post here? If I was a cynic, which I'm not.............
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

At least we are done with those Waterboy Bobby Boucher(pronounced, "Boo-shay"), their most famous graduate, flamers/trolls for a while. And, our own Gotula ULALA "Kool-Aid" drinkers can as well now also "cool it" for a while. :D
Fred Dowler
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:Yes indeed, a tough defeat. Tech outplayed us in every phase of the game, completely dominated. Which at the end of the day, that was probably actually easier to swallow than the Cajuns having the game won and giving it away at the last minute. And if a team is going to have this kind of defeat, I think it's better early in the season than later. We'll get waxed next week by Ole Miss but if we at least play a decent game, we should be okay the rest of the season.

Looking on the bright side, this may be the game that keeps Hud in Lafayette for another year and also means Skippy Holtz stays on at LaTech....sort of a win/win for us Cajuns.

BTW Johnathon, you've told us repeatedly that Tulane has moved on to bigger and better things and that the Cajun program doesn't matter to you. So why the gloating post here? If I was a cynic, which I'm not.............
I'm with you. The TU contingent is certainly in no position to be gloating and I for one am really tired of seeing others in the TU camp acting that way. TU people need to have our minds focused on one goal -- getting our own house in order -- or else things at TU are never going to be in order. And I still say that the Cajuns' school leadership and alumni community seem to have an honest, meaningful and robust vision as regards the on-field and on-court aspect, as opposed to being overly involved with the peripherals and relying on gimmicks, of the two sports that matter above all and what I want is for the TU leadership to have that or at least for alumni to demand that instead of just eating up the gimmickry and otherwise acting like sheep. If the Cajuns have a rough go on one night so be it but the fact that they did doesn't make TU one iota better.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Show Me
Tsunami

CUSA whips the Sunbelt. ULL not recruiting as well as La Tech and others these days.
JDTulane
Riptide

Ouch!
cajunfanatico
Swell

JDTulane wrote:Ouch!
Yeah, saw the comment of yours congratulating the winners and berating the Cajuns.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Fred Dowler wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:Yes indeed, a tough defeat. Tech outplayed us in every phase of the game, completely dominated. Which at the end of the day, that was probably actually easier to swallow than the Cajuns having the game won and giving it away at the last minute. And if a team is going to have this kind of defeat, I think it's better early in the season than later. We'll get waxed next week by Ole Miss but if we at least play a decent game, we should be okay the rest of the season.

I'm with you. The TU contingent is certainly in no position to be gloating and I for one am really tired of seeing others in the TU camp acting that way. TU people need to have our minds focused on one goal -- getting our own house in order -- or else things at TU are never going to be in order. And I still say that the Cajuns' school leadership and alumni community seem to have an honest, meaningful and robust vision as regards the on-field and on-court aspect, as opposed to being overly involved with the peripherals and relying on gimmicks, of the two sports that matter above all and what I want is for the TU leadership to have that or at least for alumni to demand that instead of just eating up the gimmickry and otherwise acting like sheep. If the Cajuns have a rough go on one night so be it but the fact that they did doesn't make TU one iota better.
Fred, how can you call yourself a Tulane fan?

I spoke with 100's of folks yesterday and EVERY SINGLE ONE agreed that this was the best thing Tulane has done for athletics in decades, if not ever! You live in NO, or at least were there yesterday, but didn't go to the game.

I don't consider you a Tulane fan at all. Even though I agree with a lot of what you say, you're like a broken record, and I just can't think that anyone that cares about Tulane Athletics
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Fred Dowler
Riptide

DfromCT wrote:
Fred Dowler wrote:

I spoke with 100's of folks yesterday and EVERY SINGLE ONE agreed that this was the best thing Tulane has done for athletics in decades, if not ever! You live in NO, or at least were there yesterday, but didn't go to the game.

I don't consider you a Tulane fan at all. Even though I agree with a lot of what you say, you're like a broken record, and I just can't think that anyone that cares about Tulane Athletics
???

Am I not even allowed to say in this thread on this particular "other schools" forum (and this was not about the stadium project or my disagreement with it or how Rick Dickson handles things) that I think that TU people trying to put down and act like they're ever so superior to the Cajuns' contingent need to be focusing less on some other program and more on TU getting its own house in order, which I do happen to think is hardly being accomplished (we'll see by season's end and then also with bball season)? Yes, I have family affiliated with the Cajuns' group (full disclosure) who invite me to go to games sometimes but the way that at least some TU people seem to want to act -- and I used to buy into all of that kind of talk myself -- is gradually making me, well, think differently.

And then you're the one, right, who said that you were finished arguing with me, which I'm fine with?

Listen -- it doesn't matter to me whether you agree with me or what you consider of me even if hundreds of people think differently (but I definitely don't support something just because everyone else does). What matters is whether there's substance to what I or anyone else has to say and what happens with the school and its ability to thrive in every way and be able to continue to do so. And, yes, I do happen to feel that the conventional wisdom of many in the community and the group mind-set is way off but of course time will tell. I don't get at all that if you would like for TU to be very different (TU desperately needs to be less concerned with peripherals and p.r. and spin and much more concerned with the core business at hand, including and especially on the academic side) and feel that it really does need to be so means that you don't care.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Wave755
Tsunami

Fred Dowler wrote:
DfromCT wrote:
Fred Dowler wrote:

???

Am I not even allowed to say in this thread on this particular "other schools" forum (and this was not about the stadium project or my disagreement with it or how Rick Dickson handles things) that I think that TU people trying to put down and act like they're ever so superior to the Cajuns' contingent need to be focusing less on some other program and more on TU getting its own house in order, which I do happen to think is hardly being accomplished (we'll see by season's end and then also with bball season)? Yes, I have family affiliated with the Cajuns' group (full disclosure) who invite me to go to games sometimes but the way that at least some TU people seem to want to act -- and I used to buy into all of that kind of talk myself -- is gradually making me, well, think differently.

And then you're the one, right, who said that you were finished arguing with me, which I'm fine with?

Listen -- it doesn't matter to me whether you agree with me or what you consider of me even if hundreds of people think differently (but I definitely don't support something just because everyone else does). What matters is whether there's substance to what I or anyone else has to say and what happens with the school and its ability to thrive in every way and be able to continue to do so. And, yes, I do happen to feel that the conventional wisdom of many in the community and the group mind-set is way off but of course time will tell. I don't get at all that if you would like for TU to be very different (TU desperately needs to be less concerned with peripherals and p.r. and spin and much more concerned with the core business at hand, including and especially on the academic side) and feel that it really does need to be so means that you don't care.
Actually couldn't care less about ULALA. 8-)