LSU ignored sex assault claims: Report

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... g-law-firm

Do board members at LSU need to
communicate or share abuse allegations, of course not. If the law firm representing the school is informed about sexual assault, does that firm have any obligation to report the assault to the authorities or to the LSU leadership, nope.. I mean the firms
job is to strictly cash checks. When the firm representing the university uncovers misconduct, they just need to file the report into a folder and inform no one.
It’s Louisiana, who cares. But you better believe Guice’s stats will be removed from the record books, have to keep the LSU football stats pure.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

So this is how LSU is self punishing on covering up rape and sexual assault ?
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 310db.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

“ Seven women filed a federal class-action lawsuit against Louisiana State University, its leadership, athletic fundraising arm and several top administrators on Monday, alleging they conspired to cover up the women’s reports of sexual misconduct and dating violence, discriminated against female students and deprived them of their rights.

The women include three former LSU tennis players, two former football recruiting office student workers, a former student and a current students”

I hope they get taken to the cleaners like USC was. What a scumbag university. Let’s see if they can take a $1b settlement like at USC

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/inv ... 381875002/

Also once again USA Today leads the charge on reporting this. I used to bash USA Today for being a joke, but man they earned some street cred on this LSU reporting over the last few years.
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This is the best written article I’ve read yet on the back door policies at LSU. I had forgotten about Pokey Chatman and Kim Mulkey’s intial remarks defending Baylor’s sexual harassment charges. Great read here:
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 2c61f.html
But Mulkey has drawn criticism for her comments about a sexual assault scandal that engulfed Baylor in 2017. Mulkey defended Baylor then, telling reporters to “find another story to write” because “the problems that we have at Baylor are no different than the problems at any other school in America.”

"If somebody's around you, and they ever say, 'I will never send my daughter to Baylor,' you knock them right in the face," Mulkey said. She apologized the next day, saying that she regretted her words and stressing that she sympathized with victims and was angry about how Baylor treated them.

Ridpath said that while hiring Mulkey was a home run from an athletic standpoint, the optics for LSU are not good. For her to say those things at Baylor and then come to a place like LSU, what are you saying?” Ridpath said. “What are you saying to victims, what are you saying to others?”

LSU Athletic Department spokesman Cody Worsham declined to comment on Mulkey’s prior remarks, saying only that LSU feels “very comfortable with her as a leader and mentor of student athletes.”

Mulkey will earn $2.5 million in her first year, and $3.3 million by the end of the deal, meaning she’ll likely outearn Wade and most other male coaches at the school.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981