LSU’s WBB Kim Mulkey hired

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

They going all out to hire Kim Mulkey from Baylor.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... ad339.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:10 pm Kim Mulkey...headin' to lsu
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... baylor-lsu
Damn
$2.5million?
Contract details were not immediately available. Mulkey reportedly made $2.27 million per year at Baylor. Fargas made $700,000 per year in her final contract with LSU. Men's basketball coach Will Wade earns $2.5 million per season.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:10 pm Kim Mulkey...headin' to lsu
https://www.espn.com/womens-college-bas ... baylor-lsu
Meanwhile back in NOLA Dannen looking to leave.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Unfortunately that's a great hire for them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Which will happen first?
1. LSU wins a womens basketball national championship?
2. Lisa Stockton retires?
3. Troy Dannen leaves?
4. Tulane wins the AAC womens or mens basketball or the football championship?
5. Willie Fritz leaves or retires?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

just got the inside story on why Mulkey left Baylor...seems a new womens Basketball facility will be built..seems Kim thought the building should be named for her, not the big $$$ donor...the Board, thought differently...do not be surprised to see several players headin' out of Waco
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:38 pm Unfortunately that's a great hire for them.
Incredible hire. LSU continues to dodge bullets. Just amazing how they basically came out and just hired a top 3 coach without a search or effort while the school is under a cloud. I’d bet they’re in the Final Four in two-three years. Bad for us.
Mulkey had La Tech National contenders. I can only imagine with LSU resources what she can accomplish.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:19 am Which will happen first?
3. Troy Dannen leaves?
Wow. That’s an interesting poll.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:15 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:38 pm Unfortunately that's a great hire for them.
Incredible hire. LSU continues to dodge bullets. Just amazing how they basically came out and just hired a top 3 coach without a search or effort while the school is under a cloud. I’d bet they’re in the Final Four in two-three years. Bad for us.
Mulkey had La Tech National contenders. I can only imagine with LSU resources what she can accomplish.
Yep. The articles in today's paper stress how the hire also helps the school in this troubled period. Unbelievable how they dodge things.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Money talks and ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:16 pm
3. Troy Dannen leaves?
Wow. That’s an interesting poll.
If I had to predict I would guess this order:

1. LSU wins a women's championship
2. Troy Dannen Leaves
3. Coach Fritz retires or leaves
4. Lisa Stockton retires
5. Tulane wins an AAC championship in basketball or football.

Sad but there's been nothing to show me a reason this won't play out in that order. It will be fun to look at in 10 years.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

And so it begins. Just like that the #2 center in the country going to LSU.
Basketball by far the easiest program to turnaround. No doubt Mulkey will win a National Championship up the River.
https://247sports.com/college/lsu/Artic ... 164915204/
Hannah Gusters, a McDonald's All-America and the No. 2 rated center in high school basketball in 2020, has signed with the LSU women's basketball program, head coach Kim Mulkey announced on Saturday.

Mulkey a natural throws out the 1st pitch LSU vs ARK
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... d4977.html

Mulkey will earn $2.5 million in her first year, and $3.3 million by the end of the deal, meaning she’ll likely outearn Wade and most other male coaches at the school.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:05 am https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... d4977.html

Mulkey will earn $2.5 million in her first year, and $3.3 million by the end of the deal, meaning she’ll likely outearn Wade and most other male coaches at the school.
She is perfect for LSU, a cheesy, fake, narcissist.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 4:52 am And so it begins. Just like that the #2 center in the country going to LSU.
Basketball by far the easiest program to turnaround. No doubt Mulkey will win a National Championship up the River.
Had to quote myself from May 2021 for emphasis!
So easy to predict these things. Make the commitment, hire well and winning big will follow.
LSU baseball and FB knocking on the door next. :oops:
It really makes you appreciate what Willie Fritz has done here. Just amazing this past season.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

3. Troy Dannen leaves?
#4 8-) 8-)
#5 a close call though.
#1 was a lock only when was the question.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Go read Mulkey’s comments re the Baylor sexual assault scandal involving Briles. There was a national story written this past week saying no one should be pulling for Mulkey to win, based on those comments. She also brought with her to LSU a girl kicked off the Baylor team a couple of years ago for assaulting a woman. She is an ass of the highest order. Fits that athletic program to a T. Not quite a criminal like their murdering football coach. They have no shame up the river and at most of the SEC schools, Petrino, Freeze, Kiffin.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:50 pm Go read Mulkey’s comments re the Baylor sexual assault scandal involving Briles. There was a national story written this past week saying no one should be pulling for Mulkey to win, based on those comments. She also brought with her to LSU a girl kicked off the Baylor team a couple of years ago for assaulting a woman. She is an ass of the highest order. Fits that athletic program to a T. Not quite a criminal like their murdering football coach. They have no shame up the river and at most of the SEC schools, Petrino, Freeze, Kiffin.
Here are the comments;
During a press conference following a game, Mulkey said, "If somebody's around you and they ever say, 'I will never send my daughter to Baylor,' you knock them right in the face." She went on to criticize the media's coverage of the scandal, suggesting that it was unfair and that Baylor was being unfairly targeted.

Mulkey's comments were widely criticized and seen as insensitive to the victims of the sexual assault scandal. She later apologized for her comments, stating that she had "used the wrong words" and that she was "sorry for that." However, the controversy surrounding her remarks led to increased scrutiny of the Baylor athletic department and its handling of the scandal.
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

Mulkey is solely driven to be a championship women's basketball coach to the point of being mildly insane. She doesn't care about anything else and is willing to destroy anything that gets in her way. Whether it's players, coaches, admin, media, etc; no one had better interfere. Those people are great coaches if you only care about winning at all costs. Perfect for LSU.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

LSU’s Angel Reese called first lady Jill Biden’s comment about potentially extending a White House invite to Iowa “a joke” in a tweet Monday.
https://theathletic.com/4378821/2023/04 ... ed_article
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Mulkey gets 10 year $32 million contract highest paid coach in women's sports now.
https://theathletic.com/4841568/2023/09 ... ed_article
Tulane Class of 1981