Manning Passing Academy

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Jonathan
Riptide

Would be great if someone would post a photograph of any of our QB's with the Mannings. I understand Tanner Lee is there with Xavier Rush from Lees's Twitter site.
Last edited by Jonathan on Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jonathan wrote:Would be great if someone would post a photograph of any of our QB's with the Mannings. I understand Tanner Lee is there.

I think one has already been posted under the thread Lee at Dime City
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jonathan
Riptide

Any other Tulane players there besides Tanner and Xavier. Zero Tulane player coverage at the camp by the a Times Picayune. The TP spent most of their time covering this weekend at the camp the Southeastern QB from the Southland conference and his receiver. What is up with this not covering the home team Tulane and a future NFL star in Lee. Very sad,
JerseyWave
Riptide

First of all Jonathan, let's not put Tanner Lee in the NFL just yet. He hasn't thrown a college pass plus he has to survive four years behind Tulane's offensive line.
slulionsfan
Ripple

Jonathan wrote:Any other Tulane players there besides Tanner and Xavier. Zero Tulane player coverage at the camp by the a Times Picayune. The TP spent most of their time covering this weekend at the camp the Southeastern QB from the Southland conference and his receiver. What is up with this not covering the home team Tulane and a future NFL star in Lee. Very sad,
Bryan Bennett is very deserving of the pub ... he's an NFL prospect, a candidate for the Walter Payton Award, and the leader of an FCS national title contender ... he also showed the strongest arm of all the QBs at the MPA.
Wavetime
Swell

Given the choice to cover only 1 QB at the camo, you cover the home town QB. You can cover the SELA QB if there is room to cover 2 or more.

Easy decision. But the a TP is a political rag.
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree with you. He has not started a game for us yet but I am optimistic that Tanner has all the tools to be successful contingent on having a great offensive line to protect him and top receivers. I have my fingers crossed.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan Banks is participating in the camp.
https://manningpassingacademy.com
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote:Jonathan Banks is participating in the camp.
It's hard to tell much from that Academy. I remember Tanner Lee having a great camp over there one year. He was praised by everyone. But his actual game day play was not up to the praise in that camp. I appreciate the info though. Thanks.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Lets see how he looks in August when they are scrimmaging with Pads on and the defense is coming after him. How well does he connect with the receivers and how well does he know the playbook.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hope that's not the same source that said Spoon was the next coming on the mound. :mrgreen:

On a serious note it's good to hear. He'll have better coaching than Tanner got but the offensive line play still needs to improve for Banks to have a chance or any of our QB's for that matter.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Everybody at MPA is always "looking sharp," "improving," "really asserting himself," etc. Never is heard a discouraging word from the Manning Passing Academy.
God Bless Everyone!
Aberzombie1892
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote:Everybody at MPA is always "looking sharp," "improving," "really asserting himself," etc. Never is heard a discouraging word from the Manning Passing Academy.
This. We will see what Banks looks like in the fall.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:
winwave wrote:
Hope that's not the same source that said Spoon was the next coming on the mound. :mrgreen:

On a serious note it's good to hear. He'll have better coaching than Tanner got but the offensive line play still needs to improve for Banks to have a chance or any of our QB's for that matter.
Actually my source is connected.
http://www.neworleanssaints.com/team/st ... _temporary
Good to hear. Great guy from a great family.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It was disappointing to hear the interview with Banks at the end of the camp. When asked if he learned anything that will translate to better play this coming season, he talked about leadership. I would have preferred he discuss improving his arm strength, footwork, looking off the DB's, etc. All things that were reported as needing improvement after our spring "game".
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:It was disappointing to hear the interview with Banks at the end of the camp. When asked if he learned anything that will translate to better play this coming season, he talked about leadership. I would have preferred he discuss improving his arm strength, footwork, looking off the DB's, etc. All things that were reported as needing improvement after our spring "game".
Yes. Thought that as well. Hopefully he can lead us to wins!
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

As far as our passing game goes, one good thing about last season is we've got nowhere to go but up! Heck, that applies to running the option as well. Our QB decision-making on those plays resulted in a whole lot of QB draw plays, no pitch and little yardage. IT MUST IMPROVE.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote:As far as our passing game goes, one good thing about last season is we've got nowhere to go but up! Heck, that applies to running the option as well. Our QB decision-making on those plays resulted in a whole lot of QB draw plays, no pitch and little yardage. IT MUST IMPROVE.
Yes.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Justin McMillan participating this year.
Tulane Class of 1981
Jaxwave
Swell

Not a particularly distinguished group.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:01 am Not a particularly distinguished group.
A few. Bama QB solid. A few others may shine during this upcoming season.
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 9:01 am Not a particularly distinguished group.
Really?

Tua, Fromm, Trevor Lawrence.
Oh, and former TU object of desire Jack Abraham.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Most would start for Tulane.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

What's amusing is a post on the YOGWF, crying about the TP/Nola.com/Adovacate site giving too much credit to LSU:
It will be nice to read at graduation, “former lsu QB gets degree worth framing”.
He got his degree in the spring of 2018, which is why he was able to play for Tulane in the fall of 2018. He should get a graduate degree in spring of 2020, but who knows?
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:09 pm Most would start for Tulane.
The number that couldn't start for Tulane can be counted on pretty much one hand.