The Movin' Vans are in place

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Coaching Carousel is now spinning
La-Laf's Napier to Florida.......OU's Riley to USC, Stoops back in charge

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pepper
Swell

And LSU fans are losing their mind that no one wants to go there!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Wave755
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:10 am And LSU fans are losing their mind that no one wants to go there!
Cheer up Tiger fans, for the LSWho job former ULALA head coach Mark Hudspeth is still available? At present he is coaching @ Gulf Shores High School in Alabama! :D :thumbup: :clap:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Pepper wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:10 am And LSU fans are losing their mind that no one wants to go there!
LSU created their own ethical
cesspool. It has become a resume killer for administrators or coaches.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

Lincoln Riley either wants to be in California (for some reason) or he doesn't want to be a part of the SEC (with LSU or Oklahoma). That USC job has a strange lure for many coaches where they have all gone to die. As California becomes less European and more Hispanic, I think the pool of football talent will become a desert.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OU getting killed. They’ve had about three 5 star recruits decommit this morning already more are expected to come. QB, WR and RB.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Riley made a smart move. He knows OU will never dominate in the fashion they have in the SEC. He can dominate at USC. it's a great hire by them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:34 am Riley made a smart move. He knows OU will never dominate in the fashion they have in the SEC. He can dominate at USC. it's a great hire by them.
Exactly. OU will end up like TeXas AM
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Duke cuts ties with Cutcliff....Trooper Taylor now in charge, until someone is hired
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
nawlinspete
Riptide

And we stand pat as Dannen , FB , MBB and WBB are all exceeding Gibson Hall's expectations , not to mention our SRO attendance at all of our games home and away .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:13 am Duke cuts ties with Cutcliff....Trooper Taylor now in charge, until someone is hired
:lol: :lol:
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

We all know that Coach Fritz will not be let go, nor should he at this point. As for assistants, it takes time for that to shake out. OCs and DCs are probably keeping their options open in case they are candidates for head coaching jobs. Tulane isn't exactly high on the pecking order for assistants who are trying to figure out what their next move may be. Coach Fritz may be talking to several people right now, it's silly to speculate that NOTHING is being done just because they didn't tell the people on this site.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He absolutely should be let go. There's no excuse for this type of failure in year 6. He's never had 6 wins against FBS in the regular season in 6 years. His teams have never played 4 quarters of football in a game. There's no reason to expect better after all this time.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Per Football Scoop Rich Rod to be named Jacksonville State HC .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:45 pm Per Football Scoop Rich Rod to be named Jacksonville State HC .
I thought La Tech would have called him..Congrats to RR
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:50 am
winwave wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:34 am Riley made a smart move. He knows OU will never dominate in the fashion they have in the SEC. He can dominate at USC. it's a great hire by them.
rumor out of DFW.... Kliff Kingsbury will be the new OU coach.. I think UT@ Austin, will be the "nebraska" of the SEC
winwave
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:45 pm Per Football Scoop Rich Rod to be named Jacksonville State HC .
He'll be back in CUSA.
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:14 pm
rumor out of DFW.... Kliff Kingsbury will be the new OU coach.. I think UT@ Austin, will be the "nebraska" of the SEC
Kingsbury is having one of the best coaching years in the NFL. He’s young and his career is on an upward spiral. He also has only one year left on his Arizona contract and wouldn’t deny interest in the OK job as that might weaken his position to negotiate a very profitable extension. I think it is silly to think that he might actually take the Oklahoma job.
nawlinspete
Riptide

You are correct Lantern . Kingsbury's living high on the hog in Scottsdale and he'd have no interest in getting back to having to recruit ; let alone have to live in Norman .
nawlinspete
Riptide

Kwahn Drake fired today by Kansas .
nawlinspete
Riptide

Add Temple to the list of schools so unwilling to tolerate losing that it has fired its HC .
MicMan
Swell

Lincoln Riley USC contract details (not confirmed):
- $110 million
- USC buying both his homes in Norman for $500,000 over asking ($1 million bonus)
- Buying a $6 million home in LA for him
- Unlimited use of the private jet 24/7 for family
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:24 am OU getting killed. They’ve had about three 5 star recruits decommit this morning already more are expected to come. QB, WR and RB.
And they’ll keep losing recruits and current players until they make a decision and announcement.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

He will definitely be the biggest fish in the little PAC 12 pond. And I think not having to labor through the SEC was also a consideration, ala the Nebraska and Arkansas experiences. OU and UT fans will rue the day they opted for the Benjamins. They could have gotten a larger piece of the Big 12 pie, and still have a short path to CFP. They blew it.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:14 pm
UT has already become the “Nebraska” of the Big 12. They may become the Kentucky or Vandy of the SEC. I can’t wait to watch the TexasExes stew and steam in the years to come.