The Movin' Vans are in place

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
MicMan
Swell

Brian Kelly to LSU.

They'll run him out of there in four years, tops.

Greeniegb
Swell

MicMan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:22 pm Brian Kelly to LSU.

Why would LSU go for a 61 year old coach, lol The big bucks they have to spend and they spend money on an old timer.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:22 pm Brian Kelly to LSU.

He’ll never win big in the SEC three years tops.
ND will end up with a better coach.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

Brian Kelly made age 60 on October 25th. A terrible fit for LSU. Mediocrity will be Kelly’s ceiling at LSWho. Why would he do this at age 60 🤔? Gotta be the Benjamins, baby💰💵💸! But, why would LSWho want him, damn if I know, desperation for a “splash hire,” “we (LSWho) got ND’s Coach away from ND”? More like a “dehydrate” hire rather than a splash 💦 one to me. Can this guy really recruit well Louisiana & the Southeast? I just don’t see it.
Tulane1111
High Tide

So i would suspect Cinci loses Fickell on this one…..
Notre Dame would be difficult to say no too for him.

But lets see.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

per Yahoo, Yipee & ESPN...Kelly to lsu
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ources-say
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

Kelly has never beaten Alabama in his career. :shock:
Show Me
Tsunami

LSU should really thank Tulane for part of its success.
That’s the power of LSU. It has all the requisite facilities, budgets and institutional support a coach could dream up. More important, it’s the only Power 5 program in a talent-rich state where high school prospects hold incredible devotion to the place.

The athletes are there. And thus so is the chance to field a team capable of toppling Saban’s juggernaut in Alabama … or anyone else who gets in the way.
Pepper
Swell

Kelly is 3-11 against top 10 comp including 1 of those wins was against Clemson's back-up QB.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Hell, I'm shocked he is leaving Mayor Pete....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:09 am LSU should really thank Tulane for part of its success.
That’s the power of LSU. It has all the requisite facilities, budgets and institutional support a coach could dream up. More important, it’s the only Power 5 program in a talent-rich state where high school prospects hold incredible devotion to the place.

The athletes are there. And thus so is the chance to field a team capable of toppling Saban’s juggernaut in Alabama … or anyone else who gets in the way.
1998 was our chance, LSU was down, the Saints were down & we finished #7 for the final AP poll. And then, Scott Cowen overruled Sandy Barbour for her recommendation for RR for head coach and hired instead Georgia's offensive line coach @ 350k a year. And then, in 2003 Cowen tried to kill the football program - game over, LSWho is the only show in town (state) for Div. 1 football.
Greeniegb
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:18 am
Show Me wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:09 am LSU should really thank Tulane for part of its success.

1998 was our chance, LSU was down, the Saints were down & we finished #7 for the final AP poll. And then, Scott Cowen overruled Sandy Barbour for her recommendation for RR for head coach and hired instead Georgia's offensive line coach @ 350k a year. And then, in 2003 Cowen tried to kill the football program - game over, LSWho is the only show in town (state) for Div. 1 football.
Get over it move forward and quit looking back. Losers look back winners dream and look forward making things happen!!!
Wave755
Tsunami

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:38 am
Get over it move forward and quit looking back. Losers look back winners dream and look forward making things happen!!!
1998, the year of Scott Cowen's gift to LSwho!!! Just telling it like it was and still is!!! And, to quote "Tricky Dick" Rick Dickson, "we are what we are."

🎁
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave
Swell

Can't tell if you're being serious or not but it doesn't do the train conductor any more good to look forward than back if around the bend up ahead, the bridge has collapsed (AAC) or his brakes fail him (Tulane admin.)
waveclem
Surge

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:00 pm Can't tell if you're being serious or not but it doesn't do the train conductor any more good to look forward than back if around the bend up ahead, the bridge has collapsed (AAC) or his brakes fail him (Tulane admin.)
Lol, he is serious. It's funny, I know.
Oh Brother
Low Tide

The LSU boys wanted a Notre Dame guy to gloss over the corrupt trash that was O. After all, his previous claim to fame had been serving as Pete Carroll’s bagman at SC. The smart move would have been to hire Napier. But they couldn’t do it without being embarrassed that they had taken a coach from a small directional school in their home state.
MicMan
Swell

Yeah, except for the fact that he killed a kid, Kelly's an angel!
anEngineer
Riptide

I totally agree. I am so tired of reading posts bemoaning getting out of the SEC, or not hiring Rich Rod in 1998 or other crap that happened in the 1950s. It accomplishes nothing to keep bringing that garbage up.
Jaxwave
Swell

It is good for the soul for us older guys to rant.
Wave755
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:46 pm It is good for the soul for us older guys to rant.
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻, and recall what might have been.🤔
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:46 pm It is good for the soul for us older guys to rant.
And it’s a marvel that a school can repeatedly screw itself with so many sequential bad decisions—it’s worthy of endless fascination and study.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You have to know your history so you won't repeat it. Unfortunately Tulane failed history.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Greeniegb
Swell

Oh Brother wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:39 pm The LSU boys wanted a Notre Dame guy to gloss over the corrupt trash that was O. After all, his previous claim to fame had been serving as Pete Carroll’s bagman at SC. The smart move would have been to hire Napier. But they couldn’t do it without being embarrassed that they had taken a coach from a small directional school in their home state.
SEC coaches are not worried with Kelly, he is a loser against the SEC and will be gone in 3 years.
LSU hired a coach who’s 0-2 against Saban with a margin of defeat of 73-28; 0-2 against Smart; 1-3 against Clemson’s Dabo Swinney; 0-1 in home games against Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell; 3-5 against Michigan; and 0-5 in New Year’s Six-level bowl games, plus a BCS national championship.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I agree. They wanted Riley but he didn’t want them. They couldn’t get a few others either. They best they could do was Kelly who is 3-11 vs Top 10 teams. He’s their Bob Toledo. Looking for a final resting place to collect on.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981