Leave NOLA?

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Opinion: Tulane should relocate its campus
https://tulanehullabaloo.com/57727/view ... ts-campus/
Former students would understandably be discomforted by a Tulane separate from New Orleans, but they could take solace in knowing Tulane’s ethos and status would be preserved despite having to sacrifice its geographic and cultural history.
This process would be long and arduous, so starting as soon as possible would be best. Could a satellite campus be established in a similarly sized city? Austin, Texas, for example, looks nice.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:09 am Tulane should relocate its campus
Former students would understandably be discomforted by a Tulane separate from New Orleans, but they could take solace in knowing Tulane’s ethos and status would be preserved despite having to sacrifice its geographic and cultural history.
This process would be long and arduous, so starting as soon as possible would be best. Could a satellite campus be established in a similarly sized city? Austin, Texas, for example, looks nice.
LMAO !!!! Austin, TX...thanks for the laff...Tulane cannot afford the campus they have, so lets relocated to highest priced real estate market in Texas, which we call "the California of Texas" for it's over the top land prices and it's inflated ego...Austin is a crime scene.. I am surprised CSI- Austin has not hit the TV - Streaming screens...here's a better solution...go buy Southeatern and enjoy the tall pine trees and strawberry fields of scenic Hammond......aahhh the memories
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

If Tulane was going to leave New Orleans, it should have done so after Katrina as that provided it with cover and the insurance proceeds to do so. Now, without those things, Tulane leaving New Orleans is a non-starter.

Nevertheless, Tulane’s athletics would benefit from moving to a state where it could recruit more in state, however, the cost would be extraordinary.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Yeah, sure, right, whatever! If we are going to fit in with the hood, how about South Central L.os Angeles?
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:39 am If Tulane was going to leave New Orleans, it should have done so after Katrina as that provided it with cover and the insurance proceeds to do so. Now, without those things, Tulane leaving New Orleans is a non-starter.

Nevertheless, Tulane’s athletics would benefit from moving to a state where it could recruit more in state, however, the cost would be extraordinary.
the artcile was written by some climate change, green house gas guru...the oceans are rising, really? is that why Obama bought two multi million dollar estates "on the ocean"...did he not get the fukin' memo.... sea levels have risen about 7 inches in the last 100 years...no fossil fuels needed...Texas, surprise, surprise, is the Nations leading producer of Solar and Wind energy..when people were freeing to death last Feburary, they did not give one rats ass about climate change or solar & wind energy...bring on that oil gas, run those turbines that produce electricity...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 am Yeah, sure, right, whatever! If we are going to fit in with the hood, how about South Central L.os Angeles?
I think that other private school, USC, may have already claimed that 'hood"
Sunamiwave
High Tide

the artcile was written by some climate change, green house gas guru...the oceans are rising, really? is that why Obama bought two multi million dollar estates "on the ocean"...did he not get the fukin' memo.... sea levels have risen about 7 inches in the last 100 years...no fossil fuels needed...Texas, surprise, surprise, is the Nations leading producer of Solar and Wind energy..when people were freeing to death last Feburary, they did not give one rats ass about climate change or solar & wind energy...bring on that oil gas, run those turbines that produce electricity...
Texas has a very small percentage of its energy produced by solar and wind. The reason why there were severe electrical blackouts last year was because the energy companies were not required by the Governor Greg Abbott controlled state utility commission or the Republican controlled state legislature to winterize the utility grid. Abbott and the state legislature are owned by the utility companies. Meanwhile Ted Cruz thought it would be a great time to vacation in Cancun while all of this was going on instead of helping his constituents. People now call him Cancun Cruz.
Green Wave
Swell

Bigschtick wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:47 am Yeah, sure, right, whatever! If we are going to fit in with the hood, how about South Central L.os Angeles?
Oh yes that would be fine. The campus could be located just south of USC and the Coliseum. :mrgreen:
ROLL WAVE!
Wave755
Tsunami

When I was in college the Great Fear or Mass Hysteria for the time was "overpopulation"? And, all of the socially and politically conscious "little white yuppie girls" were pledging to "never have children." ;)

Remember, "Soylent Green is People"? :D 🤮 :lol:
TURVS71
Swell

So much BS! Typical of the student body of Tulane …Liberal, uptown mentality. Momma’s little skinny, bow-tied boy trying to change the world. Go hug a tree!!

VOMIT WORTHY!! (Along with the 1-8 record)
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Wave755
Tsunami

Yes, Wave fans, Soylent Green is people!!!! :lol:

And, every "little Yuppie white girl" I knew who pledged to "never have children," ended up having 2 to 4 anyway; Planet Earth be damned!!! :-D :clap: 8-)
Bigschtick
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:00 am
Golf: Cannot think of a better school to hang out with than SC!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:41 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:00 am
Golf: Cannot think of a better school to hang out with than SC!
Bigs... I hear ya...fairly close to the beach...the co-eds look good and it is always "golf weather"...now, about those taxes
Citypark
Ripple

Once again I must correct the record about Tulane’s lack of Louisiana students. There are many academically qualified high school graduates in the state. If Admissions at Tulane TRULY wanted these kids, they would eliminate the ridiculous hurdles (required only for Louisiana students) and increase financial assistance for them!!

The young person who wrote that nonsensical article really could be reflecting on the real problem at Tulane. All of these out of Louisiana administrators, board members, faculty, and students really do not understand or appreciate the unique culture and atmosphere of our area.

Many Tulane officials would love to be out of here if it were financially possible. They feel extremely superior to the average local. Thus they distance themselves from us every chance they can. For example when they advertise that Tulane students set the record for the university whose students come from 300 miles from campus, that is a dog whistle for “Our school isn’t filled with those pathetic Louisiana kids.

On my own Tulane diploma, of Louisiana in conveniently left off. The name of the university is as follows:
THE TULANE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISIANA.

Fixing athletics at Tulane starts with enrolling more local high school students from Louisiana who will remain home after graduation and assume leadership in the business and social fabric of this wonderful city and state.

Roll Wave!!!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This will never happen and it should never happen. Nothing to see here
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Citypark wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:11 pm Once again I must correct the record about Tulane’s lack of Louisiana students. There are many academically qualified high school graduates in the state. If Admissions at Tulane TRULY wanted these kids, they would eliminate the ridiculous hurdles (required only for Louisiana students) and increase financial assistance for them!!

The young person who wrote that nonsensical article really could be reflecting on the real problem at Tulane. All of these out of Louisiana administrators, board members, faculty, and students really do not understand or appreciate the unique culture and atmosphere of our area.

Many Tulane officials would love to be out of here if it were financially possible. They feel extremely superior to the average local. Thus they distance themselves from us every chance they can. For example when they advertise that Tulane students set the record for the university whose students come from 300 miles from campus, that is a dog whistle for “Our school isn’t filled with those pathetic Louisiana kids.

On my own Tulane diploma, of Louisiana in conveniently left off. The name of the university is as follows:

Fixing athletics at Tulane starts with enrolling more local high school students from Louisiana who will remain home after graduation and assume leadership in the business and social fabric of this wonderful city and state.

Roll Wave!!!
Amazing timing. I just received the Annual Jaynotes from Jesuit HS recapping the path for its 2021 Graduation Class. Of the 256 graduates only 8 will attend Tulane. 14 will go to Alabama and 10 are enrolling at Ole Miss. 97 will be attending Louisiana St and 9 will attend ULL .

As an alum of both Jesuit and Tulane this is incredibly sad to me.
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:03 pm Jesuit...only 8 will attend Tulane.
Actually, I think eight is an improvement over the last few years. I remember a thread a couple of years ago where that number was four.
God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:34 pm
tpstulane wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:03 pm Jesuit...only 8 will attend Tulane.
Actually, I think eight is an improvement over the last few years. I remember a thread a couple of years ago where that number was four.
Could be because this class is so large. 256 seniors is incredible for a private school.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 4:20 pm This will never happen and it should never happen. Nothing to see here
Tulane is not leaving Louisiana...it cannot afford to..... Tulane a private school gets the same Tax Breaks as State of Louisiana sponsored Public Colleges and Universities... I doubt they will get those in a new location
GreenLantern
Riptide

You guys are devoting far too much attention to an article written by a Tulane junior who thinks there are simple solutions to all the world's problems and he wants to get a lot of attention and press time (and female attention). Most of us were there at one time or another. Forty years from now, he'll find this Hullabaloo issue with his opinion piece in a dusty old trunk and think... "damn, I didn't have a clue."
wave97
Swell

Citypark wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:11 pm Once again I must correct the record about Tulane’s lack of Louisiana students. There are many academically qualified high school graduates in the state. If Admissions at Tulane TRULY wanted these kids, they would eliminate the ridiculous hurdles (required only for Louisiana students) and increase financial assistance for them!!

Roll Wave!!!
Everyday Joe's in New Orleans have always resented the outsider staff & students occupying Uptown.. I am, to this day always in the habit of saying I didn't attend Tulane "I played football for them".
I loved my time in New Orleans my best lifelong friends are from the Tulane football program & to this day I don't wear a thing that has Tulane printed on it
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:09 am Opinion: Tulane should relocate its campus
Absolutely. Tulane could start a move anywhere—and it would long and arduous, but it could also ultimately solve the inherent disadvantages of N.O. But in regards to staying in Louisiana, I’ve argued since late in the Cowen admin, that Tulane should start migrating the undergrad programs across the lake. Keep the grad and professional programs on the Uptown campus. We have all kinds of room across the lake, can spread out, and not worry about Nimby’s. Even better, sell the uptown campus to HUD for conversion into a low income housing facility—chew on that Audubon Blvd. Moving across the lake would be no more radical than when Tulane moved from downtown to the current Uptown campus. With the new space, we can admit more of those 45,000 applicants each year. Long term, the economic future of Louisiana is on the I-12 corridor between B.R. and the Mississippi state line.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana