WOW !!! TCU's Patterson FIRED

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:52 am after 20 years
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ector-says
TCU AD (hired Dec ‘17) probably wants to hire his own guy. WF’s agent needs to get on it. :lol:
I thought coach O should have immediately stepped down as did Patterson. Nothing worse than being a lame duck coach it probably kills recruiting as well.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:29 am
TCU AD (hired Dec ‘17) probably wants to hire his own guy. WF’s agent needs to get on it. :lol:
I thought coach O should have immediately stepped down as did Patterson. Nothing worse than being a lame duck coach it probably kills recruiting as well.
TPS... I really thought Patterson would get one more year, if nothing improved in 2022, he should have been given the opportunity to "retire". Gary was very loyal to TCU, he had several opportunities to leave.. I guess TCU was shittin in their boots knowing they would have to play UH, UCF and Cincy
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:07 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:29 am
TPS... I really thought Patterson would get one more year, if nothing improved in 2022, he should have been given the opportunity to "retire". Gary was very loyal to TCU, he had several opportunities to leave
He may have been given the option to retire but declined.
Losing to SMU not tolerated. His statue will live on though. 8-)
He’ll wind up in the SEC
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

Patterson told boosters they'd better give til it hurts for NIL or the SEC would poach 25-30 TCU players.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

MicMan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:54 am Patterson told boosters they'd better give til it hurts for NIL or the SEC would poach 25-30 TCU players.
Sad but probably true. The $$$ part needed these days.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

K-State seems to be the issue,,,same for the Tex Tech coach..lose to the Wildcats, you are fired