Several P's got PEE'd on

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Fresno beat directional school UCLA
Cincy beat Indy
Western Michigan beat Pitt
San Diego St beat Utah
Memphis St beat Miss State
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jaxwave
Swell

And yet they still will receive tens of millions from the TV contracts for their conferences. We can take all the delight we want in seeing those teams lose to G5 teams but they’re laughing all the way to the bank.
Bigschtick
Riptide

NAU, Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff beats University of Arizona now 15 game straight losing streak. At home no less!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bigschtick wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:34 pm NAU, Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff beats University of Arizona now 15 game straight losing streak. At home no less!
damn !!! did not notice that one...but Flagstaff is beautiful, especially Heritage square
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:34 pm And yet they still will receive tens of millions from the TV contracts for their conferences. We can take all the delight we want in seeing those teams lose to G5 teams but they’re laughing all the way to the bank.
That's why I keep hoping for disproportionate revenue sharing within the P5's. If the P5 bottom feeders start getting paid based on their performance, it will further close the recruiting/competition gap quickly with the better G5's. It would also mitigate, if not remove, the concern about diluting conference earnings if new schools are admitted. Frankly, the P5 football factories are already tolerating significant dilution by continuing to carry these bottom feeders at full revenue shares--that's why I think disproportionate revenue sharing will eventually become a reality. Yes the top 20 programs will get richer, but the rest of the P5 will have to start earning their revenue share.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Those top P5's like having those bottom feeders to help rack up the wins.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:05 pm Those top P5's like having those bottom feeders to help rack up the wins.
Here we are , take us , PLEASE .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:05 pm Those top P5's like having those bottom feeders to help rack up the wins.
Give them less money, and they'll be even easier to beat. And if the bottom feeders don't like, adios, there are plenty of G5's that will be happy to step into their shoes.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:14 pm
Give them less money, and they'll be even easier to beat. And if the bottom feeders don't like, adios, there are plenty of G5's that will be happy to step into their shoes.
Not going to happen . Even if it did there would be a lot more programs chosen ahead of us.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.