Guerry Smith

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:53 am To my recollection we have never had Guerry out to our meeting. In the past we’ve had Tammy Nunez and Scott Kushner but never Guerry. Since Covid we began to also Zoom our meetings to allow for online speakers. However Guerry wasn’t one of them.
Now my bad on my post. I was referring to Dannen.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:34 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:53 am To my recollection we have never had Guerry out to our meeting. In the past we’ve had Tammy Nunez and Scott Kushner but never Guerry. Since Covid we began to also Zoom our meetings to allow for online speakers. However Guerry wasn’t one of them.
Ok. We usually do get with him but didn’t this past year with the virus.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for clearing that up.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:16 pm
My bad as well. I thought TD came to a Greenbackers event, or at least to some sort of function a couple of posters here were going to about a month or so ago.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:29 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:16 pm

My bad as well. I thought TD came to a Greenbackers event, or at least to some sort of function a couple of posters here were going to about a month or so ago.
Sadly he did attend two events (funerals) only weeks apart for fellow GB’s Mike Johnston and Mitch Compeaux. And gave Mitch’s eulogy. I’m not aware of anything else.
Tulane Class of 1981
glennc
Low Tide

I hope i spelled his name right. anyone know this piece of shit e-mail address. I know he is on twitter but I don't fool with twitter
ajcalhoun
Swell

glennc wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:56 pm I hope i spelled his name right. anyone know this piece of shit e-mail address. I know he is on twitter but I don't fool with twitter

God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

glennc wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:56 pm I hope i spelled his name right. anyone know this piece of shit e-mail address. I know he is on twitter but I don't fool with twitter
[email protected]
Tulane Class of 1981
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Guerry is obviously incompetent. Can you imagine the LSU beat writer not trying to get an answer to their fans most pressing question? For Tulane fans the pressing question was did Dannen extend Jewett’s contract and for how long? Also what was Dannen’s justification for extending Jewett’s contract since he has never made it to a regional with Tulane? Guerry if he was a good beat writer would have worked his sources on this issue. At the very least he should of let us know if he asked Dannen about this and provided us with Dannen’s response. Instead Guerry pretends like the issue does not exist. It is all very strange and does not reflect well on Guerry.
Profoundwizard
Swell

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:09 pm Guerry is incompetent. Can you imagine the LSU beat writer not trying to get an answer to their fans most pressing question? For Tulane fans the pressing question was did Dannen extend Jewett’s contract and for how long? Also what was Dannen’s justification for extending Jewett’s contract since he has never made it to a regional with Tulane? Guerry if he was a good beat writer would have worked his sources on this issue. At the very least he should of let us know if he asked Dannen about this and provided us with Dannen’s response. Instead Guerry pretends like the issue does not exist. It is all very strange and does not reflect well on Guerry.
100% accurate on all counts.
anEngineer
Riptide

Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:09 pm Guerry is obviously incompetent. Can you imagine the LSU beat writer not trying to get an answer to their fans most pressing question? For Tulane fans the pressing question was did Dannen extend Jewett’s contract and for how long? Also what was Dannen’s justification for extending Jewett’s contract since he has never made it to a regional with Tulane? Guerry if he was a good beat writer would have worked his sources on this issue. At the very least he should of let us know if he asked Dannen about this and provided us with Dannen’s response. Instead Guerry pretends like the issue does not exist. It is all very strange and does not reflect well on Guerry.
Being a state university, LSU is required to provide employment details. Tulane is not. Any LSU writer would not ask because the information would already be available. No one owes anything to any sports writer. You are barking up the wrong tree. If you are a Green Wave Club member or season ticket holder, Troy Dannen owes more to you than to some idiot sports writer.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

anEngineer wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:41 pm
Sunamiwave wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:09 pm Guerry is obviously incompetent. Can you imagine the LSU beat writer not trying to get an answer to their fans most pressing question? For Tulane fans the pressing question was did Dannen extend Jewett’s contract and for how long? Also what was Dannen’s justification for extending Jewett’s contract since he has never made it to a regional with Tulane? Guerry if he was a good beat writer would have worked his sources on this issue. At the very least he should of let us know if he asked Dannen about this and provided us with Dannen’s response. Instead Guerry pretends like the issue does not exist. It is all very strange and does not reflect well on Guerry.
Being a state university, LSU is required to provide employment details. Tulane is not. Any LSU writer would not ask because the information would already be available. No one owes anything to any sports writer. You are barking up the wrong tree. If you are a Green Wave Club member or season ticket holder, Troy Dannen owes more to you than to some idiot sports writer.
I know that LSU as a public university is required to turn over the information and Tulane is not. However that is not what I said in my previous post. LSU’s beat writer tries to get answers or at least asks the most pressing questions that LSU fans want him to ask.. Guerry does not ask Dannen or his sources at Tulane the most pressing question that many Tulane fans want him to ask which currently has to do with Jewett’s contract. It really is strange how Guerry completely ignores this and it does not reflect well on him.
MicMan
Swell

LOL

Blame the messenger.

LOL
nawlinspete
Riptide

Mic Man is correct , this has nothing to do with Guerry .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bigschtick
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:24 pm
[email protected]
Guerry is not a POS and does not owe anything to those here who cannot even bring themselves to spend a few lousy dollars to support his site.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
glennc
Low Tide

When everyone knows All of our coaches got contract extensions and he don't have the decency to write about it I am not going to cut him some slack. Don't want to hear that Tulane never sent a news release on this. He is lazy in a long list of Tulane beat writers who don't give a @#$% about Tulane. The difference is he is the worst of the list. Is Dannen his only contact. If not he should get some info on this and write it. If Dannen don't like it the hell with him also.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Grammar , my Gawd !
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
glennc
Low Tide

I am just writing what most feel about this, just a little more racy
MicMan
Swell

Mr. Angry. hahahahaha
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

glennc wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:00 pm When everyone knows All of our coaches got contract extensions and he don't have the decency to write about it I am not going to cut him some slack. Don't want to hear that Tulane never sent a news release on this. He is lazy in a long list of Tulane beat writers who don't give a @#$% about Tulane. The difference is he is the worst of the list. Is Dannen his only contact. If not he should get some info on this and write it. If Dannen don't like it the hell with him also.
I spoke with two people in the Athletic office, I asked them directly if TJ was extended...they both told me nothing had been announced and they, like Sgt Schultz, knew nothing
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Guerry doesn’t work for the AD and isn’t in some communications roll with the school where he walks the party line and is simply the “messenger”. He is (in theory) a journalist covering the program for a local publication. He is supposed to investigate, cultivate sources and ask questions. Obviously he doesn’t want to burn bridges within the administration but these questions should be written about in the publication and pressure applied.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:29 am Guerry doesn’t work for the AD and isn’t in some communications roll with the school where he walks the party line and is simply the “messenger”. He is (in theory) a journalist covering the program for a local publication. He is supposed to investigate, cultivate sources and ask questions. Obviously he doesn’t want to burn bridges within the administration but these questions should be written about in the publication and pressure applied.
Yes, dozens of fans have enquiring minds. He should jump right on that. Chop chop.
God Bless Everyone!
Profoundwizard
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:22 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:29 am Guerry doesn’t work for the AD and isn’t in some communications roll with the school where he walks the party line and is simply the “messenger”. He is (in theory) a journalist covering the program for a local publication. He is supposed to investigate, cultivate sources and ask questions. Obviously he doesn’t want to burn bridges within the administration but these questions should be written about in the publication and pressure applied.
Yes, dozens of fans have enquiring minds. He should jump right on that. Chop chop.
So AJ, you think Guerry does a good job?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Actually , only 48 gotula.net members' enquiring minds have logged on to the entire website in the past seven days by Steve's count .