CT High School Pitcher Throws 4th CONSECUTIVE No Hitter!

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

https://deadspin.com/connecticut-high-s ... 1846965776
On Monday in Manchester, just outside Hartford, Frank Mozzicato of East Catholic pitched his fourth no-no in a row, striking out 19 and running his scoreless streak to 36 innings. Mozzicato is committed to UConn, but you have to wonder if he’ll ever get there — as the Journal Inquirer reported, Padres general manager A.J. Preller already has seen the lefty pitch, and surely more scouts’ eyes will be on him during the Connecticut state tournament, where undefeated East Catholic will be the top seed.

The fourth no-hitter in Mozzicato’s streak did come with a question, as South Windsor leadoff hitter Ben Balducci reached on a short-hop off the second baseman’s glove, a play that could have been ruled either a hit or an error.

But kudos to South Windsor coach Mike McDermott for answering the question, saying that while the play “could have gone either way … I have no problem with giving him a no-hitter.”
Another CT pitcher, Miles Langhorne, from Greenwich, was withheld by his HS coach from the teams' conference championship game. The Vanderbilt bound Langhorne pitched on Monday and his coach respected the young man's future enough to watch his team suffer a 9-0 loss to Warde, the FCIAC #2 seed. Both Greenwich and Warde will play in the states with one of them in the same bracket as South Windsor. Langhorne is expected to be drafted somewhere late 1st to 3rd round. Mozzicato is expected to be a very high pick. Striking out 19 of 21 batters is incredible. I have friends that have been behind the plate for both of these pitchers' games. They are the real deal. I'd love to see Langhorne develop under Tim Corbin, but it's hard to turn down high draft pick money these days.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
wave97
Swell

Thank God in heaven that professional baseball still develops its own talent.
I hope they are both high draft picks with many bright options to choose from.