New Sports Network

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
nawlinspete
Riptide

to nationally televise eight of UConn's twelve games this fall . Network used to be called CBS Sports , now dba UConn Sports Network .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:50 pm to nationally televise eight of UConn's twelve games this fall . Network used to be called CBS Sports , now dba UConn Sports Network .
they must be desperate for programming, to air this projected POS. The network should be advised to have a disclaimer;"Watching the following program may cause increased alcohol consumption, or uncontrolled laughter"
https://collegefootballnews.com/2021/05 ... eview-2021
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Old news. Agreement with CBSSN was announced over a year ago, bfd, UConn to receive approximately $100k per home game. They got more than the football program is worth, at this point. But hey, they can pound their chests and say they're in the Big East.

The Huskies baseball team is having a decent year but I think the Big East is lousy this year. They did open up a new stadium, and the locals think it's awesome. It would be average, at best in the South.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

Even better.
Connecticut Sports Network (CTSN)
has been on the air since 2009. They televise all the UCONN woman’s basketball games and have done so since day 1.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:20 am Even better.
has been on the air since 2009. They televise all the UCONN woman’s basketball games and have done so since day 1.
That's funny, because I live here in CT and have never heard of it! SNY has broadcast the lions share of UConn games including football and mens and womens basketball prior to last year and the deal with CBSSN. Even last year SNY would have had 4 of the 8 home football games scheduled, though UConn didn't play.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:38 am
That's funny, because I live here in CT and have never heard of it! SNY has broadcast the lions share of UConn games including football and mens and womens basketball prior to last year and the deal with CBSSN. Even last year SNY would have had 4 of the 8 home football games scheduled, though UConn didn't play.
https://www.casciac.org/pdfs/CTSN_GameS ... -30-09.pdf

Connecticut Sports Network (CTSN) is Connecticut’s first-ever 24-hour local sports network, combining its cable and online resources to cover statewide high school and college sports. CTSN is a combined effort of WFSB and CPTV, and it is brought to viewers by the Comcast Corporation.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:13 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:38 am
https://www.casciac.org/pdfs/CTSN_GameS ... -30-09.pdf

Connecticut Sports Network (CTSN) is Connecticut’s first-ever 24-hour local sports network, combining its cable and online resources to cover statewide high school and college sports. CTSN is a combined effort of WFSB and CPTV, and it is brought to viewers by the Comcast Corporation.
That's why I haven't heard of it. Comcast is a rival to my cable provider, Altice, formerly Cablevision.