Miss St beats Ole Miss before a packed house in Starkville

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Final 5-2 Attendance 10,291
Things back to to normal in Mississippi

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

Should be that way.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:16 am Should be that way.
Yes. Hope so.
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 am
Yes. Hope so.
Pure crazy that's why Mississippi is showing an increase in Covid cases!!!
https://www.wtva.com/content/news/574223012.html
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coron ... uxbndlbing
nawlinspete
Riptide

gbgreenie and tps , be sure to come back in five or six weeks and tell us how many of those 10,291 are feeling ill from Covid , are hospitalized , and die from Covid .

All will be waiting to hear " the rest of the story ,"
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Houma de Wave
Swell

Great! Glad to see the big crowd with no continued dumbazz restrictions.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:55 pm gbgreenie and tps , be sure to come back in five or six weeks and tell us how many of those 10,291 are feeling ill from Covid , are hospitalized , and die from Covid .

All will be waiting to hear " the rest of the story ,"
Personal choice and freedom. They went on their on volition knowing the risks. I bet they enjoyed themselves immensely as well.
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:19 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 am
Yes. Hope so.
Pure crazy that's why Mississippi is showing an increase in Covid cases!!!
https://www.wtva.com/content/news/574223012.html
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coron ... uxbndlbing
OMG! Oktibbeha County, Mississippi home of MSU saw a 1% increase over the last 7 days. Head for the bunkers! Tin Foil Hat squirrel.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Show Me
Tsunami

Vaccine’s and prior cases people are much less likely to die so it’s time to live. Screw China!
RobertM320
Green Wave

Happened to catch a clip of Bill Maher, talking about a recent poll. The question was, what percentage of people who get Covid end up hospitalized? Seems like the choices were: <5%, 5-19%, 20-49%, 50% or more. Over 40% of Democrats said it was 50% or more, and another 28% said it was 20-49%. The correct answer is LESS THAN 5%. So almost 70% of Democrats have NO clue as to what the real numbers are, they just go by what they're told.

The point he was making is that the media has people so terrified of something that's not nearly as bad as they imply. Didn't see what the %s were for Republicans. He also said when you look at news media worldwide, in most countries you get about an equal amount of good and bad news regarding Covid. In the US, 87% of the stories are negative. As the media says, "if it bleeds it leads".
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

Things finally getting back to normal :? Brothels opening up in Vegas! Yes
https://www.ktnv.com/news/brothels-near ... strictions
gbgreenie
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:17 pm Happened to catch a clip of Bill Maher, talking about a recent poll. The question was, what percentage of people who get Covid end up hospitalized? Seems like the choices were: <5%, 5-19%, 20-49%, 50% or more. Over 40% of Democrats said it was 50% or more, and another 28% said it was 20-49%. The correct answer is LESS THAN 5%. So almost 70% of Democrats have NO clue as to what the real numbers are, they just go by what they're told.

The point he was making is that the media has people so terrified of something that's not nearly as bad as they imply. Didn't see what the %s were for Republicans. He also said when you look at news media worldwide, in most countries you get about an equal amount of good and bad news regarding Covid. In the US, 87% of the stories are negative. As the media says, "if it bleeds it leads".
What the hell are you talking about, I am a lifelong Republican, Dr Fauci has been the leader of all Pandemics since my President Reagan appointed him to the same job he holds today as the top expert in the U.S. for infectious diseases and Pandemics. He has served 6 Presidents Republican and Democratic and is the most non political Health Expert in America. I believe him and the CDC more than articles in the paper but I show written scientific articles because some like you ignore the Scientific experts. That garbage you posted is so political its pathetic!!! Facts are 10% or better that get Covid19 even when they do not go into hospitals find out sometimes months later they have Long Hauler Syndrome where covid19 has attacked hearts and lungs. Some are athletes, in children and youth many get a weakened heart. That was one reason the Big Ten stopped fall football because the heart problem showed up in some of their athletes. Scientist don't know where this Long Hauler Syndrome is going as it is still showing up in people that thought they were finished and over covid, not true. Saw the marathon runner said the long hauler months later was much worse than covid when she was positive she is unable to walk up steps now. I pray for all of them and for you to minimize these facts is so pathetic to the ones that are still suffering today.
Profoundwizard
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:00 am
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:17 pm Happened to catch a clip of Bill Maher, talking about a recent poll. The question was, what percentage of people who get Covid end up hospitalized? Seems like the choices were: <5%, 5-19%, 20-49%, 50% or more. Over 40% of Democrats said it was 50% or more, and another 28% said it was 20-49%. The correct answer is LESS THAN 5%. So almost 70% of Democrats have NO clue as to what the real numbers are, they just go by what they're told.

What the hell are you talking about, I am a lifelong Republican, Dr Fauci has been the leader of all Pandemics since my President Reagan appointed him to the same job he holds today as the top expert in the U.S. for infectious diseases and Pandemics. He has served 6 Presidents Republican and Democratic and is the most non political Health Expert in America. I believe him and the CDC more than articles in the paper but I show written scientific articles because some like you ignore the Scientific experts. That garbage you posted is so political its pathetic!!! Facts are 10% or better that get Covid19 even when they do not go into hospitals find out sometimes months later they have Long Hauler Syndrome where covid19 has attacked hearts and lungs. Some are athletes, in children and youth many get a weakened heart. That was one reason the Big Ten stopped fall football because the heart problem showed up in some of their athletes. Scientist don't know where this Long Hauler Syndrome is going as it is still showing up in people that thought they were finished and over covid, not true. Saw the marathon runner said the long hauler months later was much worse than covid when she was positive she is unable to walk up steps now. I pray for all of them and for you to minimize these facts is so pathetic to the ones that are still suffering today.
So why did the Big 10 resume football?

Houma de Wave
Swell

Meanwhile, Miss. State and Ole Miss are 1-1 and they’ll pack the house again today for the rubber match. While we sit on stupid, I envy our neighbors in Mississippi and their big crowds!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

hmm Covid-19...the great cure for cancer, and heart failure. I had a freind who passed recently...he had brain cancer and was given 6 months to live..he lived almost 7 months...when his wife got the death certificate, his death was listed as Covid-19....when she questioned the coroners office, she was told he had trouble breathing as he died, so it must have been "covid"...same goes for the two thugs in Miami gun shots to the back of the head, but they had trouble breathing, so their deaths was listed as C-19....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:26 am hmm Covid-19...the great cure for cancer, and heart failure. I had a freind who passed recently...he had brain cancer and was given 6 months to live..he lived almost 7 months...when his wife got the death certificate, his death was listed as Covid-19....when she questioned the coroners office, she was told he had trouble breathing as he died, so it must have been "covid"...same goes for the two thugs in Miami gun shots to the back of the head, but they had trouble breathing, so their deaths was listed as C-19....
This is well known in the medical field. Hospitals receive more funds from Covid related deaths.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ESPN reporting that <1% of college athletes who contracted Covid have any extended heart problems. Another gb and media panic shot down.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:10 am ESPN reporting that <1% of college athletes who contracted Covid have any extended heart problems. Another gb and media panic shot down.
As non political as can be, Dr. Fauci the expert since the Reagan years, that is who I believe, the politicalization is a smoke screen that people can hide behind. I will take science and experts advice anytime. Easy for Fauci to support big Pharma but he does his job and supports science in making decisions!!!
Fauci says a COVID-19 booster shot is a 'public health decision' and not up to companies like Pfizer and Moderna

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fauci ... d=msedgntp
chigoyboy
Ripple

I have a world of respect for Dr Fauci and what he has done since being appointed BUT no one can say he isn’t being political for Covid. I think he does have the best interest of the America people but is being pushed to undermine the Trump admin and cover for the Biden admin.
When pressed for a statistical # when we can go back to normal, he refuses to give an answer. If you are fully vaccinated, there is no reason to wear a mask. NOLA needs to lift the rest of the restrictions and open up.
Personal responsibility needs to take over!

Look at Florida! No big uptick after the super bowl or really at all. It’s sadly becoming a political tool.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Did I mention Fauci anywhere? Didn't think so. All I did was point out that people's (especially Dems) perceptions of how many people who get Covid are actually hospitalized are way out of line with reality. And that US media paints it far worse than the rest of the world does. Go watch the clip posted above.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

chigoyboy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:42 am I have a world of respect for Dr Fauci and what he has done since being appointed BUT no one can say he isn’t being political for Covid. I think he does have the best interest of the America people but is being pushed to undermine the Trump admin and cover for the Biden admin.
When pressed for a statistical # when we can go back to normal, he refuses to give an answer. If you are fully vaccinated, there is no reason to wear a mask. NOLA needs to lift the rest of the restrictions and open up.

Look at Florida! No big uptick after the super bowl or really at all. It’s sadly becoming a political tool.
There is good reason to have to wear a mask even when fully vaccinated. At this point they don’t have enough information to know if you can still get infected and if you could then transmit it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If you can still get infected, then the vaccine doesn't work.
gbgreenie
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:47 am Did I mention Fauci anywhere? Didn't think so. All I did was point out that people's (especially Dems) perceptions of how many people who get Covid are actually hospitalized are way out of line with reality. And that US media paints it far worse than the rest of the world does. Go watch the clip posted above.
I can show you many sources that say covid19 numbers are vastly undercounted for the main reason many are asymptomatic and don't show symptoms walking around. But the long haul problems kick in months later and scientist and experts are at a lost for how this is happening delayed problems. And Houston Wave and other throw around some unverified numbers lets say he is right around 1% of athletes get the heart problems from covid19 how many of you would want to tell the (2) Tulane student athletes that covid is blown out of proportion!!! Because of hippa rules you would never know but we probably have at least 200 total student athletes at Tulane, counting intermurals who knows how many!!!

Scientific evidence not political false hoods:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... -counted1/

How COVID-19 Deaths Are Counted
Assigning a cause of death is never straightforward, but data on excess deaths suggest coronavirus death tolls are likely an underestimate
Show Me
Tsunami

Vaccine passports next stage for communism. “Show Me” your papers or you can’t travel. It’s coming. China brilliant how they have set this in motion. Freedoms disappearing everyday. Praise Mississippi officials for them supporting freedom of assembly.
gbgreenie
Surge

winwave wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:08 am
chigoyboy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:42 am I have a world of respect for Dr Fauci and what he has done since being appointed BUT no one can say he isn’t being political for Covid. I think he does have the best interest of the America people but is being pushed to undermine the Trump admin and cover for the Biden admin.

There is good reason to have to wear a mask even when fully vaccinated. At this point they don’t have enough information to know if you can still get infected and if you could then transmit it.
Really Top of the Wave, you have to make this political now I see the real you. Trump the man that said covid would disappear, Trump the man that said it was a Democratic hoax, Trump the man that sat and watched the capital get over run endangering his vice president and did not call out the National Guard, Pence himself had to take action while Trump watched. Trump the man whose Campaign Manager was jailed, whose lawyer was jailed, whose security advisor was jailed, most jail time by any President in history for his cronies. Trump the man whose charity was shutdown because he used it funds intended for children for political reasons. Trump the man that stole money from contributions for his false election fraud issue, Taking money monthly from accounts that his backers thought was a one time contribution, lol Trump the man that created fake Trump University that stole tuition from students, judge forced Trump to pay back those students 25 million dollars. Over 20 women accuse Trump of sexual harrassment. Seems like Trump's actions are louder than anyone elses words. Facts do not lie. He has ripped my Republican Party in two and helped elect President Biden. To win presidential elections a candidate will lose if he does not speak to all America, the Alt Right will lose without Moderate Republicans and Independents, facts. Have a great day don't get me started politically because I will fact you to death!!! My President Reagan taught me well, don't tell me what he would think about Trump because it ain't good, lollllll