Drew Brees to Notre Dame

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
nawlinspete
Riptide

as an Offensive Analyst .

Guess living within shouting distance and undoubted other contacts with Tulane was not enough to keep him here to help us .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's going to be the analyst on ND games on NBC and will also be on their Sunday night football show.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:57 am as an Offensive Analyst .

Guess living within shouting distance and undoubted other contacts with Tulane was not enough to keep him here to help us .
maybe Bobby Herbert will be available !
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Just like the Mannings, he want nothing to do with Tulane!!
Pepper
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 pm Just like the Mannings, he want nothing to do with Tulane!!
Winners want to be around winners, just saying.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Guys I thought I was clear above. Brees is not working as an analyst for ND. He is working for NBC on their TV broadcast of ND games. He is replacing Tony Dungy
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
gbgreenie
Surge

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 pm Just like the Mannings, he want nothing to do with Tulane!!
Guess your memory is short, Brees personally came to Tulane to tutor Ryan Griffin in the summer months before fall. He had a great relationship with the Wave along with the Bensons's
Wave755
Tsunami

Take a deep breath, OK!

"According to NBC, Brees will be a studio analyst for "Football Night in America" and a game analyst for NBC Sports' coverage of Notre Dame football. He'll also be part of NBC's Super Bowl LVI team in 2022, and he'll work other prominent non-football events like the upcoming Olympics.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-saints-ret ... 14922.html
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This thread makes me want to destroy my brain
anEngineer
Riptide

This site has become more of a forum for bashing Tulane Athletics than anything else. Some complain about the sycophants of the YOGGIE site, but this is no better. For many here, it's constant digging to find a spin that criticizes every level of Tulane Athletics. This thread is actually bashing Tulane because Drew Brees took a job with NBC. Can it get any more stupid? I think it can, and will continue. Maybe this is the ultimate fate of all sites, The extremists take over and the rest get tired of the same crap and simply stop coming.
Show Me
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:47 am This site has become more of a forum for bashing Tulane Athletics than anything else. Some complain about the sycophants of the YOGGIE site, but this is no better. For many here, it's constant digging to find a spin that criticizes every level of Tulane Athletics. This thread is actually bashing Tulane because Drew Brees took a job with NBC. Can it get any more stupid? I think it can, and will continue. Maybe this is the ultimate fate of all sites, The extremists take over and the rest get tired of the same crap and simply stop coming.
I agree. But our own basketball coach
made fun of us. It’s easy to pile on because of our history of losing. But to tie in Drew Brees doing ND FB is a bit of a stretch IMO. I’ll be positive at least he still owns a home Uptown near Tulane :mrgreen:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:47 am This site has become more of a forum for bashing Tulane Athletics than anything else. Some complain about the sycophants of the YOGGIE site, but this is no better. For many here, it's constant digging to find a spin that criticizes every level of Tulane Athletics. This thread is actually bashing Tulane because Drew Brees took a job with NBC. Can it get any more stupid? I think it can, and will continue. Maybe this is the ultimate fate of all sites, The extremists take over and the rest get tired of the same crap and simply stop coming.
+1 agree

Also- What did the basketball coach say to insult us ?
Show Me
Tsunami

Troll exposed
MicMan
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:18 am
+1 agree

Hunter seems to be the only coach willing to call out his employer and tell it as it is.
anEngineer
Riptide

+1 agree

After the Houston game, Coach Hunter made a crack about his team can only afford pizza where Houston has so much money, their players eat steak. If Tulane had won, he would have bought them steak out of his own pocket. It's typical Hunter poor mouthing but some saw it as a sincere swipe at the Athletic Dept.
gbgreenie
Surge

MicMan wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:58 pm
+1 agree

Hunter seems to be the only coach willing to call out his employer and tell it as it is.
That was a stupid comment by Hunter, a coach is the Spokesperson for the school and his Team. I would definitely call him down if I was the AD. Houston is a larger University than Tulane in a city with a Population bigger than La. They may have more money than we do but that is life. When the fans start filling the small Yulman Stadium then they can talk about money or expenses. Try comparing Hunter's salary to Houston's coach Sampson then we can talk.
gbgreenie
Surge

$6.4
BILLION
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON
GREATER HOUSTON IMPACT

UH is essential to the economic vitality of the city, developing a skilled workforce, providing research-based solutions to real-world problems and serving as an anchor institution for the community. And it’s a great investment, with society gaining $12.60 for every $1 invested in UH.

View UH Economic Impact Analysis

UH AT A GLANCEStudent Body DemographicsPost-Grad Employment Stats (TXCREWS)Notable Faculty
47,000+
Students
2,600+
Faculty
Undergrad Majors & Minors
Master's Degrees
Doctoral & Professional Degrees
Research Centers
Sorry folks we don't have nearly the resources Houston has, by the way Houston can afford to Pay Sampson more than LSU pays Wade as Basketball Coach. Now if Hunter can't promote the University in a positive light he needs to go!!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

gbgreenie wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:14 pm
MicMan wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:58 pm

+1 agree

That was a stupid comment by Hunter, a coach is the Spokesperson for the school and his Team. I would definately call him down if I was the AD. Houston is a larger University than Tulane in a city with a Population bigger than La. They may have more money than we do but that is life. When the fans start filling the small Yulman Stadium then they can talk about money or expenses. Try comparing Hunter's salary to Houston's coach Sampson then we can talk.
Sorry but a full Yulman doesn't make money. Too small to make a profit.
ajcalhoun
Swell

ImageRe: Drew Brees to Notre Dame

Just checking to see if I was in the right thread.
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

anEngineer wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:53 pm
+1 agree

After the Houston game, Coach Hunter made a crack about his team can only afford pizza where Houston has so much money, their players eat steak. If Tulane had won, he would have bought them steak out of his own pocket. It's typical Hunter poor mouthing but some saw it as a sincere swipe at the Athletic Dept.
It was during the halftime interview right before he went to talk to his team. Tulane had played a very very spirited half and trailed the 7th ranked Cougars by I think 3 at halftime. He said we only had the budget for pizza, but if they can pull off the upset, they'll get to eat steak. He said he'd pay for it out of his pocket and then tied it to Houston and made a weak analogy to the respective basketball programs' budgets. Sometimes his act works, sometimes it doesn't. Many thought this didn't work.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Pepper
Swell

Happy for Drew. He more than paid his dues to enjoy such a post-NFL gig. He owes the City nothing. He brought the city a Super Bowl win, consistent excellence and plenty of charitable donations. Actually I think he'd be crazy to stay in this city/state. Poor schools, crime infested areas, over taxed city with an idiot for a mayor, I'd get the heck out of dodge. Go back home to Texas and enjoy a better quality of life. You can always come back and vacation here.
As far as badmouthing Tulane from the Head basketball coach, Tulane's problem has always been Tulane. Yes, the University has money. They choose to put it elsewhere. No wonder sustained success is so hard to achieve. It makes the accomplishments of Perry Clark and Rick Jones that much more impressive. I can't blame Hunter for complaining.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Jaxwave
Swell

I was against his hire and pointed out his shtick wouldn’t play here as well as my opinion that he wouldn’t be able to recruit the same type of players at Tulane that he did at Ga St.
I completely agree that he should get a stern private reprimand from Dannen for public jokes (accurate though they may be) which undermine the athletic program that is paying his salary. I sure hope he’s not planning on going head to head with Houston for any recruits where his own words could be used against him. But then the next good high school recruit he brings in will be his first.
Unfortunately I think he joins the long line of coaches before him in football and basketball who come to Tulane with high hopes then realize the obstacles outweigh the resources which lead them to look for ways to mitigate their poor record in the public eye, humor about the situation being one.