Worse College Stadiums

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Yulman, did not even get an "honorable mention"
https://www.gamedaynews.com/football/wo ... /?view-all
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DrBox
Riptide

It's not a bad stadium in the respects that the outside world would judge it. The problems are:
a)Too small, but to the outside observer, we can't fill it up anyway.
b) Should have 100% chairbacks (esp considering its size) and WIFI but few stadiums have that.
c)They built up the wrong side of it, but outside observers wouldn't realize that.
AugWave
Swell

Yulman Stadium is only horrible to Tulane "fans". Everybody I've brought to games with me loved it.

I do hate the Audubon Street side though.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

AugWave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:56 am Yulman Stadium is only horrible to Tulane "fans". Everybody I've brought to games with me loved it.

I do hate the Audubon Street side though.
the problem is the nimby side, it is what the TV viewers see, and of course recruits, who happen to be watching
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's not on the list because they don't even know about it. Just like nobody knows about their site. :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 am It's not on the list because they don't even know about it. Just like nobody knows about their site. :mrgreen:
but now, U are informed..go forth and spread the news
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 am
winwave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:44 am It's not on the list because they don't even know about it. Just like nobody knows about their site. :mrgreen:
True. I now know the site is a joke. I'll let everyone know.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:58 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:00 am
True. I now know the site is a joke. I'll let everyone know.
At least U are spreadin' the word, whatever the word is..as most celebs will tall ya.....".I don't care what they write, as long as they spell my name correctly"
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Interesting to note that a new, modern 70,000 seat NFL stadium, with seats closer to the field than the Superdome, made the list. It's great for an NFL game, with 70K fans in attendance. But just doesn't work as a college venue, paraphrasing the article.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 am Interesting to note that a new, modern 70,000 seat NFL stadium, with seats closer to the field than the Superdome, made the list. It's great for an NFL game, with 70K fans in attendance. But just doesn't work as a college venue, paraphrasing the article.
C'mon man, per winwave, the site is a joke...so does their opinion really mean anything ?
MicMan
Swell

So Northwestern has a crap stadium, was Top 20 and played for the B1G championship. How'd that happen???
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:07 pm So Northwestern has a crap stadium, was Top 20 and played for the B1G championship. How'd that happen???
it is not about the field, it is about the people attending the game...no rennovations or upgrades in 25 years..almost zero concessions available and the bathrooms stink, if ya can find one...but the playing field is nice
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:11 am Interesting to note that a new, modern 70,000 seat NFL stadium, with seats closer to the field than the Superdome, made the list. It's great for an NFL game, with 70K fans in attendance. But just doesn't work as a college venue, paraphrasing the article.
It works for Temple. Their players said d so in an article in the Philly paper before the season: They said they loved them playing there and it was a big reason they chose Temple. I also know it works having sat in it many times when it worked for us before the program bottomed out. I know Yulman doesn’t work because I’ve sat in many times when it hasn’t. Same 2-3,000 fans. Just costing the athletic department more money.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:15 am
C'mon man, per winwave, the site is a joke...so does their opinion really mean anything ?
Exactly. They have never stepped foot in it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:16 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:15 am
Exactly. They have never stepped foot in it.
damn... I knew I should have posted this article on the Tanner Lee thread, everyone would have been overjoyed