“Tulane” Ave now on the list of name changes

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Wave755
Tsunami

Goodbye Benjamin Franklin High School, the stupidity just keeps coming, non-stop!

https://gentillymessenger.com/new-names ... donogh-42/

gbgreenie
Surge

Wave755 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:19 am Goodbye Benjamin Franklin High School, the stupidity just keeps coming, non-stop!

https://gentillymessenger.com/new-names ... donogh-42/
This is where hatred begins, no one is perfect and to expect that is Pathetic. Even Martin Luther King had skeletons in his closet. We need to fight for civility and respect for all. This is bordering on reverse racism as most of the new names are all black, shutting out white American Greats.
11 Things Martin Luther King, Jr. Didn't Want You To Know
https://www.therichest.com/most-influen ... u-to-know/
Wave755
Tsunami

But, why remove Franklin's name? If the OPSB wants to name a school for the NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson fine, but why change the name of Benjamin Franklin High School to do so? Why not simply name a new school for Johnson? Why so insult the memory of a Founding Father of our republic? And, Ben Franklin High has been a part of New Orleans culture for generations now, soon it will be gone?
MicMan
Swell

Because I get all my truly vital info about MLK from therichest.com. LOL
Dave breslin
Swell

Tulane avenue should be changed to TU48LSU7 Ave
Dave breslin
Swell

Or , how about Nick Decastrodigiovanni Nuke Puke Ave. ?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Meanwhile crime is rampant in the City. Priorities so ass backwards these days.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm Meanwhile crime is rampant in the City. Priorities so ass backwards these days.
True, a black woman is stabbed to death by a black man in front of her own house trying to get into her own car, so let’s take Benjamin Franklin’s name off of a public school? Sad, truly sad, and to top it off just this week Mayor Cantrell attended a party celebrating Irvin Mayfield as a “true son of our city” after he just plead guilty in federal court to misappropriating over a million dollars from NOLA libraries.

All beyond fiction
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:11 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:48 pm Meanwhile crime is rampant in the City. Priorities so ass backwards these days.
True, a black woman is stabbed to death by a black man in front of her own house trying to get into her own car, so let’s take Benjamin Franklin’s name off of a public school? Sad, truly sad, and to top it off just this week Mayor Cantrell attended a party celebrating Irvin Mayfield as a “true son of our city” after he just plead guilty in federal court to misappropriating over a million dollars from NOLA libraries.

All beyond fiction
Yes. I heard that. Just insane. He steals taxpayer money from the library and she’s supporting him.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

If you fought for the confederacy or promoted slavery publicly, I get it. Franklin ended his life fighting against slavery, a position not necessarily easy.
Who has children at Ben Franklin thinking they are going to a school named after an absolute racist?
I fear this is doing more harm than good. Creating division where it does not exist.
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 5:22 pm

All beyond fiction
Yes. I heard that. Just insane. He steals taxpayer money from the library and she’s supporting him.
TPS, below is the WWL video and article concerning the party last week at which Cantrell celebrates Irvin Mayfield as a “true son of our city” while Mayfield awaits sentencing in federal court for his guilty plea in the New Orleans library fraud scandal case.
https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/article/ne ... 51ec2df6a9

Have a good laugh or cry as you deem appropriate for the present status of our City.
greenie78
Riptide

Cowen should be on list of changed names.
Dave breslin
Swell

Greenie 78. 👍on the Cowen name change. But Fuckup Blvd would not be appropriate
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:35 pm Greenie 78. 👍on the Cowen name change. But Fuckup Blvd would not be appropriate
All Cowen Circle needs to truly capture the essence of Cowen and how effective he was is add the word Jerk after Circle. :blackeye:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

All beyond fiction
Current violence is a different discussion.
greenie78
Riptide

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:35 pm Greenie 78. 👍on the Cowen name change. But Fuckup Blvd would not be appropriate
Another name that should be on the list of changed names is Jewett. Save Tulane baseball.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:20 am

All beyond fiction
Current violence is a different discussion.
I agree...as PeeLoSi, sez's..."it's what people do"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:26 am Who has children at Ben Franklin thinking they are going to a school named after an absolute racist?
I fear this is doing more harm than good. Creating division where it does not exist.
True, much like the San Francisco School Board removing the names from its public schools of Abraham Lincoln (allegedly for crimes against indigenous people), Paul Revere (allegedly for crimes against indigenous people) & Diane Feinstein :D (who as mayor about 30 years ago replaced a confederate flag to a vandalized City flag display).

Let’s stop playing games, Benjamin Franklin’s name is being removed from the school because he was a white male, an act by the OPSB itself a form of racism. There are plenty of other schools or new schools to come that could instead be named for NASA mathematician Katherine Johnson; everyone knows the truth.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Palmer Park among others to renamed. Washington also in the Qtr.
https://www.nola.com/news/politics/arti ... faf5d.html
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

good
Wave755
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:18 pmgood
Burger Man, a no. 4, onions & sauce! 🍔🍟🥤And, make it “snappy”!!👋🏻
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:44 pm
:lol: Add a double meat no. 4 for me. Onions and Sauce!
Tulane Class of 1981
wave97
Swell

Benjamin Franklin played a singular role in convincing Louis XVI to support our war for independence. Louis, ruling by divine right, would come to our aid in a war against British parliamentary rule.
Oh the ironies, both old & new. Without the support of France we'd be Canada.
Would you like some maple syrup & poutine?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

A friends Son and his wife will be attending the OU game. they asked for some insight for going to NOLA, I told them don't go, or if you insist on going, pack three of your best freinds, Misters Smith, Wesson and Glock.... The sooner Tulane moves the hell out of NOLA, the better off they will be
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:09 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:44 pm
:lol: Add a double meat no. 4 for me. Onions and Sauce!
And TPS, Bud's serves beer too! :thumbup: :cheers:
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.