“Tulane” Ave now on the list of name changes

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
swampnik
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:06 am Someone told me that most of their drinks included grain alcohol. I don't know if that was true or not but their "Vodka Smash" sure got me smashed!
Bartenders might have had some "wormwood" illegal reserves behind the counter,

nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:40 am
Dave breslin wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:35 am Should we have a vote? Which one was more devastating-Corona 19 or Cowan 19?
That's a tough one. For Tulane, I'd have to say Cowen19.
Definitely. For the rest of the world Corona 19, but for Tulane Cowan 19.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:06 am Someone told me that most of their drinks included grain alcohol. I don't know if that was true or not but their "Vodka Smash" sure got me smashed!
Two of anything from Nick's got me into an altered state.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Nicholls St on name change discussion
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 1f9f3.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Latest. Tulane Ave and Calhoun among the street names going to be changed.
The City Council recently voted 7-0 in favor of the change of Jeff Davis
https://www.wwltv.com/mobile/article/ne ... 427a84f119

Tulane Avenue

Previous Street Name: Common Street Associated Ordinances: CS1781 Brief Narrative: Paul Tulane was the largest donor in New Orleans to the Confederate States of America. He also donated money to erect a Confederate Monument in Greenwood Cemetery. Ordinance CS1781 was passed in 1889 renaming Common Street in his honor.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Tula ... 0%24300%20(1874%20value,the%20Greenwood%20Cemetery%2C%20New%20Orleans.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

This decision might even draw opposition from LSU. Tulane is a "World Famous Medical School" and the City and State are in the process of turning Tulane Avenue into a "World Famous Medical Corridor." https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/commi ... d=msedgntp

This is the kind of thing one would expect to see on April Fool's Day?

https://www.nola.com/news/politics/arti ... a0498.html
MicMan
Swell

You're surprised? New Orleans population is 60% black.

https://www.census.gov/quickfacts/fact/ ... /PST045219
Wave755
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 am You're surprised? New Orleans population is 60% black.

If the Council approves this it will be very counter-productive to everything the City and State has done to establish a World Class medical corridor on Tulane Avenue. Let's hope cooler and more rational heads prevail @ the Council.
MicMan
Swell

BECAUSE STREET NAMES.

LOL
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LSU will willingly go along. They have tried everything to get the name changed.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

What possible connection could a Treme Mardi Gras Indian Chief possibly have to a medical corridor? And, outside of New Orleans, who has even heard of a "Mardi Gras Indian Chief"? For medicine in Louisiana my "Big Wig" California expert witness doctors have heard of only two entities, Tulane & Ochsner? The street was named for Tulane in appreciation for his gift to the then bankrupt University of Louisiana, the naming for Tulane had nothing to do with the Civil War or slavery,
Show Me
Tsunami

MicMan wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 am You're surprised? New Orleans population is 60% black.

You posted something we actually agree on. White flight over the years left NOLA for the suburbs this is what you get. I’m guilty as well. I left the city years ago before the crime and poverty and bad government took over. With the most recent election you now have all black female judges on the Orleans Parish bench. Good for them. If it wasn’t for Tulane Athletics I’d never set foot in NOLA again. The leaders now in charge are going to continue to re-write history from this point forward. I m not going to complain because I left.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:06 am What possible connection could a Treme Mardi Gras Indian Chief possibly have to a medical corridor? And, outside of New Orleans, who has even heard of a "Mardi Gras Indian Chief"? For medicine in Louisiana my "Big Wig" California expert witness doctors have heard of only two entities, Tulane & Ochsner? The street was named for Tulane in appreciation for his gift to the then bankrupt University of Louisiana, the naming for Tulane had nothing to do with the Civil War or slavery,
Yeah...but why cloud the issue with Fact...especially when politicans, whose only platform is racism, are involved...Tulane U needs to get the hell out of new orleans.....sell the buildings and the land a go buy an exisitng school...I am sure the state of looseana would be happy to divest itself of one
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:00 pm With the most recent election you now have all black female judges on the Orleans Parish bench. Good for them. If it wasn’t for Tulane Athletics I’d never set foot in NOLA again. The leaders now in charge are going to continue to re-write history from this point forward. I m not going to complain because I left.
Actually @ Civil District Court Robin Giarrusso, just re-elected, is the only remaining white civil district court judge. For Criminal District Court, Laurie White is the only white criminal district court judge. Two excellent white male Orleans Parish judges were just voted out of office in this month's election, Chris Bruno, Civil District Court, and Franz Zibilich, Criminal District Court. Both Chris Bruno & Franz Zibilich had excellent reputations as judges in the legal community, but labored under the impediment of being white males running for re-election parish wide in Orleans. The entire legal community mourns their defeats for re-election.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:00 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:00 pm With the most recent election you now have all black female judges on the Orleans Parish bench. Good for them. If it wasn’t for Tulane Athletics I’d never set foot in NOLA again. The leaders now in charge are going to continue to re-write history from this point forward. I m not going to complain because I left.
Actually @ Civil District Court Robin Giarrusso, just re-elected, is the only remaining white civil district court judge. For Criminal District Court, Laurie White is the only white criminal district court judge. Two excellent white male Orleans Parish judges were just voted out of office in this month's election, Chris Bruno, Civil District Court, and Franz Zibilich, Criminal District Court. Both Chris Bruno & Franz Zibilich had excellent reputations as judges in the legal community, but labored under the impediment of being white males running for re-election parish wide in Orleans. The entire legal community mourns their defeats for re-election.
Camille Buras is also a white female judge on the criminal court bench.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:02 pm
Damn, you got me on that one, you are correct.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:51 am LSU will willingly go along. They have tried everything to get the name changed.
🤔Idk, re-named for a Mardi Gras Indian Chief? They might go for something like "Medical Centers of Louisiana Drive," but a Treme Mardi Gras Indian Chief?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:34 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:51 am LSU will willingly go along. They have tried everything to get the name changed.
🤔Idk, re-named for a Mardi Gras Indian Chief? They might go for something like "Medical Centers of Louisiana Drive," but a Treme Mardi Gras Indian Chief?
how about a very far reaching name..."Medical Center Blvd"....nah, not enuff race krap in it to get re-elected....Paul Tulane was a man of his times, luckily those times have changed....without his donations to medical colleges and hospitals, people of all races would have died from malaria and other diseases in louisiana and thru out the south
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:40 pm
how about a very far reaching name..."Medical Center Blvd"....nah, not enuff race krap in it to get re-elected....Paul Tulane was a man of his times, luckily those times have changed....without his donations to medical colleges and hospitals, people of all races would have died from malaria and other diseases in louisiana and thru out the south
The Tulane & LSU Medical Centers will be on Chief Allison “Tootie” Montana Drive? :D ;) :lol:
Show Me
Tsunami

Good catch. I just remembered the last election. I wanted to point out that apparently this is now the trend. Found this online:

Two years ago, voters in the Houston area swept a group of 17 African American women onto the bench. They dubbed themselves “Harris County Black Girl Magic.”

“This is happening in other parts of the country. The White male is extinct almost in this city” from elected office, Zibilich said. “It is this phenomenon. It’s obviously gotten worse. It’s the way of the world. The sad part is, clearly the majority of voters in this city don’t care about qualifications or experience.”
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:09 pm
Good catch. I just remembered the last election. I wanted to point out that apparently this is now the trend. Found this online:

Two years ago, voters in the Houston area swept a group of 17 African American women onto the bench. They dubbed themselves “Harris County Black Girl Magic.”

“This is happening in other parts of the country. The White male is extinct almost in this city” from elected office, Zibilich said. “It is this phenomenon. It’s obviously gotten worse. It’s the way of the world. The sad part is, clearly the majority of voters in this city don’t care about qualifications or experience.”
I was told that the harris cty black girl magic were swept in becasue of the katrina insurgents living in harris cty...is this correct ?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They're for anything but Tulane.
Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:09 pm
They're for anything but Tulane.
So, the address for LSU Health Sciences Center might soon be 1542 Big Chief Allison “Tootie” Montana Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112. :D :lol: :P
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

looking forward to the renaming contest for the the city of new orleans...