Will COVID19 be the impetus for a CUSA-Sunbelt Conference Merger?

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thank God we're out of CUSA! But this article, which talks a lot about regions and conference re-alignment makes a lot of sense. As it states in the article (which I think is poorly written and needs editing) "Why fly over schools that you could be playing against after an hour or 90 minute bus trip to play a conference opponent that's 800 miles away?"

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana/sp ... 3e2ea.html

And by the way, UL-La is NOT the University of Louisiana and should NEVER be recognized as such. The Louisiana state legislators told UL-M in the 90's they couldn't claim that title, and should do so again. We are THE TULANE UNIVERSITY of LOUISIANA. The only University of Louisiana that has ever existed. They are U-La-La.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:11 pm Thank God we're out of CUSA! But this article, which talks a lot about regions and conference re-alignment makes a lot of sense. As it states in the article (which I think is poorly written and needs editing) "Why fly over schools that you could be playing against after an hour or 90 minute bus trip to play a conference opponent that's 800 miles away?"

And by the way, UL-La is NOT the University of Louisiana and should NEVER be recognized as such. The Louisiana state legislators told UL-M in the 90's they couldn't claim that title, and should do so again. We are THE TULANE UNIVERSITY of LOUISIANA. The only University of Louisiana that has ever existed. They are U-La-La.
I suggest everyone email Kevin Foote about UL, University of Louisville, being included into this merger
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:48 pm
DfromCT wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 12:11 pm Thank God we're out of CUSA! But this article, which talks a lot about regions and conference re-alignment makes a lot of sense. As it states in the article (which I think is poorly written and needs editing) "Why fly over schools that you could be playing against after an hour or 90 minute bus trip to play a conference opponent that's 800 miles away?"

I suggest everyone email Kevin Foote about UL, University of Louisville, being included into this merger
I've contacted Kevin Foote.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

For chuckles you can check out a twitter beef between USM and Tulane fans. USM fans in full blown denial stating we are bottom rung and should join a regional league Conf USA regional mash up league 😂😂😂

oliveandblue
Surge

Tulane is only known as Tulane to 99.9% of America.

Cajuns can have the name, I want Tulane to have the success and the bowl trophy.

It feels so petty for us to be that angry about this.

The only CUSA or SBC I have any interest in is USM (and thank you Fritz for pulling out that win).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

But the fine state of Louisiana gave a beat down to UL-M when they tried the same thing in the 90's, and at that time did the finger point at U-La-La saying don't try it. I have no problem with them calling themselves "Louisiana." But they're no more The University of Louisiana than UL-M or UNO.