Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:18 am At the end of the the day, unvaccinated folks have a much much higher chance of death. Not just hospitalization or complications but straight up dead, regardless of history.
This is ignoring other talking points that are agreed upon by the vast majority of medical pros.
Dead as in no longer breathing. Good luck with that risk assessment.
If I had covid, I would be even more pumped for the vaccine. Now I am doubly protected for myself and my people.
Again, that's the unvaccinated UNINFECTED people. Those of us that are Covid recoverers are a completely different category. THATS what's being ignored.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:01 pm

Your last sentences are telling. It speaks volumes about where you get your info and why.
Three “they”, is interesting, and frightening as I can only assume you are an intellectual and/or educated. They…
This is how people make decisions on “they”.
"They", as in the CDC and Tony Fauci. I thought with your MBA you'd be able to grasp that without me actually having to spell it out for you. Makes me wonder how much the program has declined in the last 31 years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 am

Your last sentences are telling. It speaks volumes about where you get your info and why.
Three “they”, is interesting, and frightening as I can only assume you are an intellectual and/or educated. They…
"They", as in the CDC and Tony Fauci. I thought with your MBA you'd be able to grasp that without me actually having to spell it out for you. Makes me wonder how much the program has declined in the last 31 years.
Ah the cheap cliche attack on my degree. Very expected actually
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:36 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:19 am

Ah the cheap cliche attack on my degree. Very expected actually
Seems like you took the first shot at my education, which happens to be the same as yours, but 30 years earlier, when more was expected.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Just lovely :cry:
15% of NY healthcare workers are not vaccinated. Next target to be fired are NY teachers. Stay tuned.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

It's about time those who endanger others knowingly are removed from their positions and replaced by those who understand that the public welfare is constitutionally controlling over us individually . Common good dominates over us as individuals , otherwise there would be anarchy ; as the anti vaxers are proving by prolonging the pandemic .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:47 am It's about time those who endanger others knowingly are removed from their positions and replaced by those who understand that the public welfare is constitutionally controlling over us individually . Common good dominates over us as individuals , otherwise there would be anarchy ; as the anti vaxers are proving by prolonging the pandemic .
It’s their risk as i understand it... even if vaccinated you can still get Covid and spread it, am I missing something? Educate me please, why force something on those that don’t want it that doesn’t change an outcome.
The vaccines I got as a child all provided for immunity. This doesn’t.
If it provided immunity I’d agree. But this vaccine doesn’t do so. They are already rolling out boosters.
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:47 am It's about time those who endanger others knowingly are removed from their positions and replaced by those who understand that the public welfare is constitutionally controlling over us individually . Common good dominates over us as individuals , otherwise there would be anarchy ; as the anti vaxers are proving by prolonging the pandemic .
Totally agree these morons use the Constitution that no where does it put individual rights over the rights of all. Same with the Bible and the ten Commandments love thy neighbor, no where does the bible put selfishness over the good for all of God's children. These people are not good Americans or Christians. Their selfishness blinds the true meaning of our Constitution and they ignore the lord's teachings. Do any of them realize the lord, may just be testing our love for each other with the Pandemic, I believe he certainly is.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Since Aug 4th :oops:
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:01 pm Totally agree these morons use the Constitution that no where does it put individual rights over the rights of all. Same with the Bible and the ten Commandments love thy neighbor, no where does the bible put selfishness over the good for all of God's children. These people are not good Americans or Christians. Their selfishness blinds the true meaning of our Constitution and they ignore the lord's teachings. Do any of them realize the lord, may just be testing our love for each other with the Pandemic, I believe he certainly is.
You do realize this country and the world are made up of more religions and beliefs than just Catholicism and the "lord"? Your argument loses any form of validity when you throw religion into the mix, especially after condemning people who think differently than you. Not very "Christian-like" gbg. :roll:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
GreenLantern
Riptide

The link below is an Atlantic magazine article written by Craig Spencer, director of global health in emergency medicine at New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Med Center. For those who are too busy to read, here are the salient points:
  • Vaccinated people are not as likely to spread the coronavirus as the unvaccinated. Even in the United States, where more than half of the population is fully vaccinated, the unvaccinated are responsible for the overwhelming majority of transmission.
  • Yes, RobertM320, vaccinated people infected with the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant can be just as contagious as unvaccinated people.
  • Folks that constantly quote the previous point miss the single most important factor about spreading the coronavirus: To spread the coronavirus, you have to have the coronavirus. And vaccinated people are far less likely to have the coronavirus—period.
  • Recent data from New York City ... show(s) that more than 96 percent of cases are among the unvaccinated. Only 0.33 percent of fully vaccinated New Yorkers have been diagnosed with COVID-19.
  • Going to events that exclude unvaccinated people is much, much safer than those that are open to all. Everyone knows that the vaccines help protect each individual who gets their shots. But when more people get vaccinated, this helps keep everyone else (including children and others ineligible for vaccination) safe as well.
I'm sure that RobertM320 will quote Morgus the Magnificent or someone else eager to refute these facts. However, if you believe in that scientific-method-thing you learned in grade school, you might want to give consideration to this article like your life depends upon it:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ource=feed
gbgreenie
Surge

NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:41 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:01 pm Totally agree these morons use the Constitution that no where does it put individual rights over the rights of all. Same with the Bible and the ten Commandments love thy neighbor, no where does the bible put selfishness over the good for all of God's children. These people are not good Americans or Christians. Their selfishness blinds the true meaning of our Constitution and they ignore the lord's teachings. Do any of them realize the lord, may just be testing our love for each other with the Pandemic, I believe he certainly is.
You do realize this country and the world are made up of more religions and beliefs than just Catholicism and the "lord"? Your argument loses any form of validity when you throw religion into the mix, especially after condemning people who think differently than you. Not very "Christian-like" gbg. :roll:
Division helps no one, this country was strongest when it fought as one. We are at our weakest point because of division and selfishness. Those that believe conspiracies are total wachos when you dissect what they believe is fool hardy. Like the whole world is a coordinated Conspiracy, logic and reason over rules that possibility. The people they follow have been proven liars many times over.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Where was Catholicism mentioned?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:18 am At the end of the the day, unvaccinated folks have a much much higher chance of death. Not just hospitalization or complications but straight up dead, regardless of history.
This is ignoring other talking points that are agreed upon by the vast majority of medical pros.
If I had covid, I would be even more pumped for the vaccine. Now I am doubly protected for myself and my people.
Again, that's the unvaccinated UNINFECTED people. Those of us that are Covid recoverers are a completely different category. THATS what's being ignored.
Who is ignoring them?
Please show me how the majority of medical professionals encourage covid recoverers to not get vaccinated….and don’t waste time with some wacky right website.
1989alum
Low Tide

It’s their risk as i understand it... even if vaccinated you can still get Covid and spread it, am I missing something? Educate me please, why force something on those that don’t want it that doesn’t change an outcome.
If it provided immunity I’d agree. But this vaccine doesn’t do so. They are already rolling out boosters.
[/quote]

Covid Vaccines are 90+% effective. No vaccine provides 100% immunity especially when dumbs asses like you refuse to get vaccinated and remain out in public. Go count your AZ ballots and take your Ivermectin.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:45 pm
You can get covid but your recovery is much faster and risk of death, you know no longer breathing is minimal with the vaccine.
Comparing say polio to covid is unethical. They are totally different and your point is thus unfair and outright false. Really you just argued that the vaccine is not everlasting so I am not taking it.
This is the nonsense we are facing to get rid of this thing.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

1989alum wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm

Covid Vaccines are 90+% effective. No vaccine provides 100% immunity especially when dumbs asses like you refuse to get vaccinated and remain out in public. Go count your AZ ballots and take your Ivermectin.
I’m vaccinated dumb ass. I’m immune from Polio and Measles thanks to taking those vaccines as a kid dumb ass.
I can see the point of people that choose not to get vaccinated on this one is because it hasn’t been out long enough to evaluate the risks. My brother in law who is a doctor actually had a side effect from the vaccine called Viral Myocarditis. He’s struggling now.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:02 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:45 pm
You can get covid but your recovery is much faster and risk of death, you know no longer breathing is minimal with the vaccine.
Comparing say polio to covid is unethical. They are totally different and your point is thus unfair and outright false. Really you just argued that the vaccine is not everlasting so I am not taking it.
This is the nonsense we are facing to get rid of this thing.
Not comparing anything that’s your take.
I’ll add Smallpox to that list. 100% immunity.
He said no vaccine provides 100% immunity I proved him wrong.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:17 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 am
Who is ignoring them?
Please show me how the majority of medical professionals encourage covid recoverers to not get vaccinated….and don’t waste time with some wacky right website.
You are, by not acknowledging that UNINFECTED unvaccinated and RECOVERED unvaccinated are two DISTINCTLY different categories, with VASTLY DIFFERENT levels of vulnerability. They're not encouraging recoverers to not get vaccinated, but they're finally being forced to admit that recoverers have EVERY BIT AS MUCH IMMUNITY, if not more, than vaccinated people. But like a typical leftist, anyone who doesn't go along with your version of the truth is an outcast. Guess what? I'm not accepting that. And as time goes by, MORE AND MORE evidence will continue to validate my point: that recoverers are as safe as vaccinated.
RobertM320
Green Wave

To simplify it:

Levels of Immunity Highest to Lowest: This is what the SCIENCE says.

1.recovered vaccinated
2 recovered unvaccinated
3 uninfected vaccinated
4 uninfected unvaccinated

And yet somehow, ONLY level 1 and 3 are considered safe. If you don't see something wrong with that, you need to send your diploma back to Tulane.
RobertM320
Green Wave

1989alum wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:47 pm

If Covid vaccines were 90% effective, you wouldn't be needing a booster after only six months. That's called SCIENCE.
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://news.emory.edu/stories/2021/07/ ... index.html

COVID-19 survivors may possess wide-ranging resistance to the disease

"Recovered COVID-19 patients retain broad and effective longer-term immunity to the disease, suggests a recent Emory University study, which is the most comprehensive of its kind so far."

"Researchers found that not only did the immune response increase with disease severity, but also with each decade of age regardless of disease severity, suggesting that there are additional unknown factors influencing age-related differences in COVID-19 responses."

“We saw that antibody responses, especially IgG antibodies, were not only durable in the vast majority of patients but decayed at a slower rate than previously estimated, which suggests that patients are generating longer-lived plasma cells that can neutralize the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein.”

I guess Emory University, the NIH, and the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, Washington are all wacko doctors and right wingers?
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcev ... cd607a18bb

"Evidence Piles Up That Covid Immunity Among Previously Infected People May Be Long-Lasting"
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:47 pm https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcev ... cd607a18bb

"Evidence Piles Up That Covid Immunity Among Previously Infected People May Be Long-Lasting"
Only for those WHO LIVE through their covid .

The vaccine reduces the likely hood OF GETTING covid and REDUCES THE SEVERITY of the consequent contraction .

The point is to vaccinate to not be a spreader or a victim or a death .

Duh ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

mbawavefan12 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:13 pm
Where was Catholicism mentioned?
You’re right. I meant Christianity. Point still stands.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)