Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:05 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:50 pm I believe the vaccine doesn’t prevent spread though.
Sometimes I read things and all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.
ya mean, the world isn't flat ?

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Win,

You keep banging that drum, but more it more its turning out that, on a nationwide scale, most hospitals are not overwhelmed, many of those healthcare professionals have left because they refused to get vaxxed, or their hospitals were laying them off for lack of work. There's clear evidence that the vaccines don't stop the spread, that vaxxed people can spread it just as easily as non-vaxxed, and that people who've had Covid have some level of immunity comparable to vaxxed people.

There's thousands of healthcare workers and physicians nationwide that have refused the vaccine. Its not like its a few hundred. Why are so many people in the healthcare industry hesitant, since they of all people would be aware of the good/bad regarding the vaccine? Honest question. So, do you have a legit answer, or just more talking points?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Total BS. As I said in Idaho they are having to ration care. Those nurses and others for the most part have left because it was just too overwhelming and ruining their personal lives. They especially were upset because this surge was preventable. Most healthcare workers are vaxed. No one is getting laid off because of lack of work. The truth is many who need serious procedures can't get them becaus ethe hospitals are so overwhelmed with unvaccinated COVID patients. Vaccinated people have much less chance of hospitalization and death than the unvaxed. That's why they are calling this the pandemic of the unvaxed. I hope the crazy house finds you soon.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

I went to Dat Dog and they asked for my proof of vaccination. I left. I have the proof on my LA Wallet app but I got that so that I could fly commercially, not so that I could buy a fucking hot dog.
God Bless Everyone!
GreenLantern
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:36 pm I went to Dat Dog and they asked for my proof of vaccination. I left. I have the proof on my LA Wallet app but I got that so that I could fly commercially, not so that I could buy a fucking hot dog.
What a courageous statement you made. The poor bastard that owns Dat Dog is struggling to pay employees and keep his business open. He has no choice but to abide by city decree. You really showed him.

Just spoke with my daughter-in-law who is an RN in Missoula MT. Their ICU currently has 21 beds occupied with COVID patients. 15 of these are intubated. 100% of them have not been vaccinated. 100% of them are under 50. But hey… the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread… right?
RobertM320
Green Wave

Says Louisiana has 1518 ICU beds

https://www.kff.org/other/state-indicat ... 2asc%22%7D

Says projected number needed as of today is 367

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s ... e=icu_beds

So here's ACTUAL FACTUAL DATA, and yet you're still going to say that our ICUs are overflowing.

As I said before, its possible that ANY GIVEN hospital may be full, but beds ARE available.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:00 am
ajcalhoun wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:36 pm I went to Dat Dog and they asked for my proof of vaccination. I left. I have the proof on my LA Wallet app but I got that so that I could fly commercially, not so that I could buy a fucking hot dog.
What a courageous statement you made. The poor bastard that owns Dat Dog is struggling to pay employees and keep his business open. He has no choice but to abide by city decree. You really showed him.

Just spoke with my daughter-in-law who is an RN in Missoula MT. Their ICU currently has 21 beds occupied with COVID patients. 15 of these are intubated. 100% of them have not been vaccinated. 100% of them are under 50. But hey… the vaccine doesn’t stop the spread… right?
Tell her if they'd given those patients Ivermectin early on, they wouldn't HAVE 15 people intubated. And no, the vaccine doesn't stop the spread. Whether or not YOU contract the virus, you're possibly still spreading it, whereas I'm definitely not.

We'll go back to this website again. Go ahead, take a look at the different states. For every Montana that's got an influx of Covid, there's an Arkansas, when the number of ICU beds being used has declined for the past MONTH. For every Oregon in crisis, there's an Oklahoma, where ICU bed usage has decreased for the past six weeks. Yes, you can find HOTSPOTS of Covid, but enough already with the hyperbole that the entire country's health system is stretched to the max.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-s ... a/oklahoma
Last edited by RobertM320 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobertM320
Green Wave

See, here's the problem with ALL of you vaxxers. Somehow, you've made the erroneous assumption that unvaxxed = infected. I'll let you in on a little secret. It doesn't. There's MILLIONS of unvaxxed out there that are not infected at all. Also, you say that vaxxed reduces the spread. No, vaxxed reduces THE SYMPTOMS. Which means an asymptomatic person spreading the disease is MORE LIKELY to be vaxxed than unvaxxed, because an unvaxxed will be sick enough to know to stay home.
RobertM320
Green Wave

And win, you love to toss out the media talking point "epidemic of the unvaxxed". What you really SHOULD BE saying, if you were truly honest, would be an "epidemic of the unvaxxed that HAVENT HAD COVID". Its not the recovered Covid people. But that doesn't fit the media narrative, so they've ignored it, until now. FINALLY, across the world, they're starting to realize that "recovered Covid" IS a separate distinct group of people.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:34 pm And win, you love to toss out the media talking point "epidemic of the unvaxxed". What you really SHOULD BE saying, if you were truly honest, would be an "epidemic of the unvaxxed that HAVENT HAD COVID". Its not the recovered Covid people. But that doesn't fit the media narrative, so they've ignored it, until now. FINALLY, across the world, they're starting to realize that "recovered Covid" IS a separate distinct group of people.
It is the unvaxed that are taking up the hospital space and keeping others from getting much needed procedures. What a COVIDidiot.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:53 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:34 pm And win, you love to toss out the media talking point "epidemic of the unvaxxed". What you really SHOULD BE saying, if you were truly honest, would be an "epidemic of the unvaxxed that HAVENT HAD COVID". Its not the recovered Covid people. But that doesn't fit the media narrative, so they've ignored it, until now. FINALLY, across the world, they're starting to realize that "recovered Covid" IS a separate distinct group of people.
It is the unvaxed that are taking up the hospital space and keeping others from getting much needed procedures. What a COVIDidiot.

Did you not READ the data? Hospital beds ARE NOT FULL in most areas. Louisiana only has 20% of their ICU beds full as of right now.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:36 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:53 pm

Did you not READ the data? Hospital beds ARE NOT FULL in most areas. Louisiana only has 20% of their ICU beds full as of right now.
That site is a projection. Here are the real numbers:

https://ldh.la.gov/coronavirus/

Use the arrow on the right where it says community risk by parish and you'll see the real numbers in each region for the use of ICU beds.

More importantly is that the conversation has been about the numbers at the height of the surge. Numbers are coming down due to our Governor caring about his people and ordering masking plus more people getting vaxed. Then there was this mass evacuation which had our unvaxed taking up ICU beds elsewhere and dying there too.

Bottom line is because of ignorant , selfish COVIDidiots like you we still have this pandemic and the restrictions in place because of it.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Actually, it has NOTHING to do with me at all. I've had Covid, I've got antibodies, I've got B-cell development, and I'm not Covid positive, so I'm not spreading A DAMNED THING. My existence isn't affecting the pandemic or the restrictions one iota. And the thing is, there are MILLIONS out there EXACTLY like me. They have antibodies and immunity AND are not Covid positive. So, I'm still waiting for you to explain how people like myself, whom you lump into the "selfish COVIDiots" category, are affecting the pandemic in ANY WAY.

I'll wait. Because you've got nothing but "coulds", "maybes" and "possiblys".
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The reality of all those beds filled with the unvaccinated that has led to mass defections in the profession and all those denied treatment because of them is what I have. The immunity from COVID wanes and it also hasn’t proven effective against the variant so people like you are taking up those beds and dying. But yet you believe in ivermectin. You don’t know what you don’t know.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:27 pm The reality of all those beds filled with the unvaccinated that has led to mass defections in the profession and all those denied treatment because of them is what I have. The immunity from COVID wanes and it also hasn’t proven effective against the variant so people like you are taking up those beds and dying. But yet you believe in ivermectin. You don’t know what you don’t know.
I've never said a word about Ivermectin. That's not my concern at all. Try going back and getting the data on how many of those "unvaxed taking up hospital beds" ALSO haven't had Covid. Its not the Covid recoverers taking up those beds. And there's as much evidence that natural immunity doesn't wane as there is that it does, at least not nearly to the extent the vax does. And I thought you believed in science? Science throughout history has shown that natural immunity provides a broader based protection from variants than a vaccine does. It ALSO shows that as viruses mutate, they get weaker and less lethal, rather than stronger. What amazing times we're living in where a virus comes out of nowhere that defies two different laws of nature. Pretty impressive.
GreenLantern
Riptide

RobertM320:
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:45 pm I've never said a word about Ivermectin.
Also RobertM320:
…if they'd given those patients Ivermectin early on, they wouldn't HAVE 15 people intubated.
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 pm RobertM320:
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:45 pm I've never said a word about Ivermectin.
Also RobertM320:
…if they'd given those patients Ivermectin early on, they wouldn't HAVE 15 people intubated.
I was referring to my discussion with win.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:45 pm
winwave wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:27 pm The reality of all those beds filled with the unvaccinated that has led to mass defections in the profession and all those denied treatment because of them is what I have. The immunity from COVID wanes and it also hasn’t proven effective against the variant so people like you are taking up those beds and dying. But yet you believe in ivermectin. You don’t know what you don’t know.
I've never said a word about Ivermectin. That's not my concern at all. Try going back and getting the data on how many of those "unvaxed taking up hospital beds" ALSO haven't had Covid. Its not the Covid recoverers taking up those beds. And there's as much evidence that natural immunity doesn't wane as there is that it does, at least not nearly to the extent the vax does. And I thought you believed in science? Science throughout history has shown that natural immunity provides a broader based protection from variants than a vaccine does. It ALSO shows that as viruses mutate, they get weaker and less lethal, rather than stronger. What amazing times we're living in where a virus comes out of nowhere that defies two different laws of nature. Pretty impressive.
You absolutely said ivermectin. Complete idiocy. You are working under the impression that those who have had COVID are just fine. They don't have to get vaxed as they can't get COVID again and thus can't spread it. That's all complete BS. It's why people who have had it have been advised to get vaxed. They are among those taking up those beds. As to this virus it has proven to be very different. The immunity appears to last maybe 6 months. You can think what you want but by not getting vaxed and not masking you endanger yourself , your family, friends and anyone else you come in contact with. And by espousing your ignorance you endanger others who believe the BS you spew.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:29 pm
You absolutely said ivermectin. Complete idiocy. You are working under the impression that those who have had COVID are just fine. They don't have to get vaxed as they can't get COVID again and thus can't spread it. That's all complete BS. It's why people who have had it have been advised to get vaxed. They are among those taking up those beds. As to this virus it has proven to be very different. The immunity appears to last maybe 6 months. You can think what you want but by not getting vaxed and not masking you endanger yourself , your family, friends and anyone else you come in contact with. And by espousing your ignorance you endanger others who believe the BS you spew.
That's not the impression I'm working on. I never said it can't ever happen. What I said was, YOU as an uninfected vaxxed person is MORE LIKELY to get or spread Covid than me as a recovered unvaxxed person. And that's absolute FACT. Yes, if I get vaxxed I would get even MORE protection. But I'm protected enough for you not to worry about it. I'm Covid negative, so I'm not spreading a damn thing.

And you must not keep up. They first said it may last 6 months, then they said 8 months. Now there's people INCLUDING the NIH who say it's longer than a year and COULD be lifelong. They keep moving the goalposts as we get further along, because they're finding its lasting longer than they want it to. And its pissing them off.
gbgreenie
Surge

Getting booster tomorrow at Ochsner Covington before the game. Can't wait as I am over 6 months from the lst two does. Had no reactions to the lst two Pfzer does at all. Doing my duty as an American and as a Christian. The only way "We" defeat this virus. Now "Wave go defeat UAB" Roll Wave

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:49 pm

That's not the impression I'm working on. I never said it can't ever happen. What I said was, YOU as an uninfected vaxxed person is MORE LIKELY to get or spread Covid than me as a recovered unvaxxed person. And that's absolute FACT. Yes, if I get vaxxed I would get even MORE protection. But I'm protected enough for you not to worry about it. I'm Covid negative, so I'm not spreading a damn thing.

And you must not keep up. They first said it may last 6 months, then they said 8 months. Now there's people INCLUDING the NIH who say it's longer than a year and COULD be lifelong. They keep moving the goalposts as we get further along, because they're finding its lasting longer than they want it to. And its pissing them off.
Your last sentences are telling. It speaks volumes about where you get your info and why.
Three “they”, is interesting, and frightening as I can only assume you are an intellectual and/or educated. They…
This is how people make decisions on “they”.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:49 pm

I'm keeping up. I just get it from those in the know not quacks and social media. They actually initially thought the natural immunity would last longer and now they don't so that's why they say to get vaxed even if you had it. Yet people in your group are having to live with themselves after killing their babies because they believed the quacks and social media COVIDidiots. Great job.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021 ... ction.html
Last edited by winwave on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Double post.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

At the end of the the day, unvaccinated folks have a much much higher chance of death. Not just hospitalization or complications but straight up dead, regardless of history.
This is ignoring other talking points that are agreed upon by the vast majority of medical pros.
Dead as in no longer breathing. Good luck with that risk assessment.
If I had covid, I would be even more pumped for the vaccine. Now I am doubly protected for myself and my people.
Profoundwizard
Swell

I had COVID in August. I’ve got immunity for the time being. I don’t see any benefits to getting the vaccine right now