Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
gbgreenie
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:02 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:12 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:36 pm
Not rocket science to those that listen to the lord on a daily basis for guidance. we all know by the Bible that the lord tests us at times. All things are created by the lord, no questions!!! The lord created this Pandemic because his children have become divisive over the last 5 years. The lord wants unity, not division. We all know the devil tempts us to sin against the lord's guidance. Where the lord not only places obstacles he also gave us free will to make choices and the guidance to save us from these obstacles. That infuriates the devil. Not rocket science the lord gave us the knowledge to create vaccines and other means to fight the virus. But the most important thing is unity. To defeat any enemy including the devil during a Pandemic is Unity. Well Clear as Night and Day and the Bible. The Devil has tempted so many to disregard science and unity. The devil has also enabled its followers to lies and put out misinformation that creates more division. Anyone that does not believe this is not following the lord's guidance today, not thousands of years ago but today what would the lord say to this division, how would the lord feel. Who you do you think is feeding this division with negative thoughts think folks its the devil, the lord would never cause division only answers and solutions, it is our choices the lord won't hold our hand's the only one's that can defeat this Pandemic is us through Unity, "Praise the Lord, let the wanderers come back home dear lord enlighten them for they have strayed from your guidance to the devil's division,"
Just what COVID needs. A religious spin. GBG, stay on topic please.
Hell, I thought that was quote from several Coaches when Emory Bellard installed the Wishbone
On topic I dare anyone to say the lord is happy with this division, political parties can't bring us together, we need to get back to basic, " One nation under God Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for all" We fought wars as one, well the virus is at war with us and we need to bring the lord back into our decisions. This means individual liberties to not beat out liberty for all. This was not created as an "I" country, America was always a "We" country we need to get back to the Constitutution We the People not I the people,
I is not part of the Constitution. I is not part of the Bible no where!!!

gbgreenie
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:13 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:12 pm

Just what COVID needs. A religious spin. GBG, stay on topic please.
Hell, I thought that was quote from several Coaches when Emory Bellard installed the Wishbone
On topic I dare anyone to say the lord is happy with this division, political parties can't bring us together, we need to get back to basic, " One nation under God Indivisible with Liberty and Justice for all" We fought wars as one, well the virus is at war with us and we need to bring the lord back into our decisions. This means individual liberties to not beat out liberty for all. This was not created as an "I" country, America was always a "We" country we need to get back to the Constitutution We the People not I the people,
Vaccinations ending covid-19 and the Delta variant in the U.K. Follow the Science and the facts, Delta is struggling where vaccinations rates are high and blooming where vaccination rates are low. Protect your children and others quickly get vaccinated to end this nightmare. The choice to freedom from the virus is in front your noses folks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... hp&pc=U531
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 am I got the vaccine but we cannot make respiratory viruses disappear. They circulate all year, and they have animal reservoirs. Smallpox had no animal reservoirs.
Vaccination changes none of this. The current vaccine is causing anti-body mediated viral enhancement, which has happened for all coronaviruses.
Vaccines allow the virus to become worse than it would with native infection. The variants will continue.
Do the best you can and go out and enjoy life. Thats all
FALSE. The men with straight jackets are coming for you and the quack doctor who claimed this.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/verif ... 67b2fd5262
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:38 am
Show Me wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:20 am I got the vaccine but we cannot make respiratory viruses disappear. They circulate all year, and they have animal reservoirs. Smallpox had no animal reservoirs.
Vaccination changes none of this. The current vaccine is causing anti-body mediated viral enhancement, which has happened for all coronaviruses.
Vaccines allow the virus to become worse than it would with native infection. The variants will continue.
Do the best you can and go out and enjoy life. Thats all
FALSE. The men with straight jackets are coming for you and the quack doctor who claimed this.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/verif ... 67b2fd5262
Vaccine’s not as effective against Delta

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vacci ... 57070.html
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Moderna per that article is still very effective against infection. Both remain effective against serious ilness and hospitalization:

"Yes, but: There has been no data so far that has found either vaccine's protection against severe disease and death is significantly less against Delta, and the study notes that there doesn't appear to be much of a difference in complications stemming from breakthrough infections based on which vaccine someone got.

And experts cautioned against rushing to conclusions.
“This is the kind of surprising finding that needs confirmation before we should accept its validity," said Cornell virologist John Moore.

BTW, as we all know Tulane monitors these sites. They are compiling a list of others like you that stole from them and are looking at civil and criminal remedies .They are looking at your boy RD's involvement. You might want to pay up . Otherwise find a good lawyer.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show your papers. NOLA to require proof of vaccine in many places.
https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/a ... d5990.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:41 pm Moderna per that article is still very effective against infection. Both remain effective against serious ilness and hospitalization:

"Yes, but: There has been no data so far that has found either vaccine's protection against severe disease and death is significantly less against Delta, and the study notes that there doesn't appear to be much of a difference in complications stemming from breakthrough infections based on which vaccine someone got.

And experts cautioned against rushing to conclusions.
“This is the kind of surprising finding that needs confirmation before we should accept its validity," said Cornell virologist John Moore.

BTW, as we all know Tulane monitors these sites. They are compiling a list of others like you that stole from them and are looking at civil and criminal remedies .They are looking at your boy RD's involvement. You might want to pay up . Otherwise find a good lawyer.
Great. Hope they get Scott Cowen while they at it! I’m excited I’ll be getting a windfall for all the money they stole from me over the years.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The thief is proud of his actions. :roll:
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:34 pm The thief is proud of his actions. :roll:
Does this surprise you?
GreenLantern
Riptide

I contracted polio in 1953 when I was six years old and the hospitals were filled with children who were kept alive by devices called “iron lungs”. I was living with my grandparents. Here’s what I NEVER heard them say:

“That Salk guy is a government puppet and I have no idea what’s in the vaccine. I think it causes sterility and autism as well as allows the government to track and control your movements.”

Instead, I saw my Pa Akin with his head on my hospital bed tearfully saying, “Why couldn’t it be me.” They would have walked over hot coals to get a vaccine for me.

Don’t be duped into avoiding the vaccine. The virus will continue to mutate until it kills us or until we eradicate it. Please.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:00 pm I contracted polio in 1953 when I was six years old and the hospitals were filled with children who were kept alive by devices called “iron lungs”. I was living with my grandparents. Here’s what I NEVER heard them say:

“That Salk guy is a government puppet and I have no idea what’s in the vaccine. I think it causes sterility and autism as well as allows the government to track and control your movements.”

Instead, I saw my Pa Akin with his head on my hospital bed tearfully saying, “Why couldn’t it be me.” They would have walked over hot coals to get a vaccine for me.

Don’t be duped into avoiding the vaccine. The virus will continue to mutate until it kills us or until we eradicate it. Please.
GL, these are the type of stories that need to be ran in MSM. As a much younger individual, I've had the luxury of being sheltered from photos and stories of polio wards etc. but it seems like it's time to bring them back as just reading this struck an emotional chord.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:00 pm I contracted polio in 1953 when I was six years old and the hospitals were filled with children who were kept alive by devices called “iron lungs”. I was living with my grandparents. Here’s what I NEVER heard them say:

GL...what a story, and thanks for your bravery in sharing...I remember going to the Jeff Parish Public Health Building, Metry Rd and Causeway Blvd to eat a sugar cube with a pink dot on it, not sure of the year..Stay Well
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:11 pm Show your papers. NOLA to require proof of vaccine in many places.
A negative test is sufficient.
Dave breslin
Swell

Golf, can’t use the sugar cube vaccine. Sugar is bad for you. Just because I took that polio vaccine with sugar it’s caused me to be obese till this day😁. They need to put the vaccine in Popeyes chicken. No imagination in Washington
Show Me
Tsunami

Dave breslin wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:19 pm Golf, can’t use the sugar cube vaccine. Sugar is bad for you. Just because I took that polio vaccine with sugar it’s caused me to be obese till this day😁. They need to put the vaccine in Popeyes chicken. No imagination in Washington
So right!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:06 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:11 pm Show your papers. NOLA to require proof of vaccine in many places.
A negative test is sufficient.
Vaccine status causing more division
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/13/unvacci ... uture.html
The divide between the vaccinated and unvaccinated when it comes to Covid is likely to become even deeper as time goes on.
An increasing number of restrictions on those yet to receive a Covid shot are being introduced in Europe and the U.S.
The ease or freedom to travel, work, socialize and engage in leisure activities is increasingly determined by one’s Covid vaccination status.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:15 am An increasing number of restrictions on those yet to receive a Covid shot are being introduced in Europe and the U.S.
The ease or freedom to travel, work, socialize and engage in leisure activities is increasingly determined by one’s Covid vaccination status.
This is as it should be. As Spock said, “the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the (misguided and deluded) few.

Apologies to Spock. The edit was mine.
Show Me
Tsunami

Lead by example Nancy. Masks BS. Nancy like Obama don’t require guests to mask. All about control over you.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

They are outside, ShowMe! Most of the country doesn't require people to wear masks outdoors. By the way did you hear about all the Trump supporters in Alabama that booed when King Donald urged them to "take the vaccine" this past weekend? Must of been a lot of black Trump supporters there, I guess. They were more likely to take cyanide laced Kool-Aide (or hydroxychloroquine.) Heck, Trumps supporters have been drinking the Kool-Aide for years, particularly the election fraud flavor, which he introduced in spring of 2020, about 6 months before the most closely watched election in history.
Last edited by DfromCT on Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:22 am They are outside, ShowMe! Most of the country doesn't require people to wear masks outdoors. By the way did you hear about all the Trump supporters in Alabama that booed when King Donald urged them to "take the vaccine" this past weekend? Must of been a lot of black Trump liberals there, I guess. They were more likely to take cyanide laced Kool-Aide (or hydroxychloroquine.)
Thanks. That’s my point. We’ll be outside also but forced to mask up in 110 heat index most likely. Selective enforcement. Mixed messaging only causes people to not trust.
Last edited by Show Me on Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:27 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:22 am They are outside, ShowMe! Most of the country doesn't require people to wear masks outdoors. By the way did you hear about all the Trump supporters in Alabama that booed when King Donald urged them to "take the vaccine" this past weekend? Must of been a lot of black Trump liberals there, I guess. They were more likely to take cyanide laced Kool-Aide (or hydroxychloroquine.)
Thanks. That’s my point. We’ll be outside also but forced to mask up in 110 heat index most likely. Selective enforcement.
Tell it to your mayor, Nancy Pelosi had NOTHING to do with it, though you probably have a conspiracy that she controls events in New Orleans.
Show Me
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:28 am
Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:27 am
Thanks. That’s my point. We’ll be outside also but forced to mask up in 110 heat index most likely. Selective enforcement.
Tell it to your mayor, Nancy Pelosi had NOTHING to do with it, though you probably have a conspiracy that she controls events in New Orleans.
California FB going to require masks and vaccines at games.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-co ... ge-events/

It only applies to the peasants.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:13 am
gbgreenie wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:13 pm
Vaccinations ending covid-19 and the Delta variant in the U.K. Follow the Science and the facts, Delta is struggling where vaccinations rates are high and blooming where vaccination rates are low. Protect your children and others quickly get vaccinated to end this nightmare. The choice to freedom from the virus is in front your noses folks.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... hp&pc=U531
I bet Kai Horton can end the pandemic.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:30 am
California FB going to require masks and vaccines at games.
https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a-co ... ge-events/

It only applies to the peasants.
Then be a peasant or watch on TV. BFD. A little cheese with your whine, sir?
gbgreenie
Surge

Show Me wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:25 am Lead by example Nancy. Masks BS. Nancy like Obama don’t require guests to mask. All about control over you.
Ha that picture is two years old, propaganda knows no limits!!!