Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:22 am
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:58 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:42 am
AMEN... I am vaxxed & have had the booster, take my vitamins and my shot of pure lemon juice daily...no damn mask for me...
What does the lemon juice do, besides jarring you awake?
lemon juice has natural disinfectant properties, I chose to use those properties in my body.. I also use peroxide as part of my oral hygiene
I do the peroxide thing for teeth whitening

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:22 am lemon juice has natural disinfectant properties, I chose to use those properties in my body.. I also use peroxide as part of my oral hygiene
It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.

Disclaimer: I wish I could take credit for those words of wisdom, but sadly, it is an exact word-for-word quote from another individual who had extreme views on dealing with COVID.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:46 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:22 am lemon juice has natural disinfectant properties, I chose to use those properties in my body.. I also use peroxide as part of my oral hygiene
It sounds interesting. And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning. Because you see it gets in the lungs, and it does a tremendous number on the lungs.

Disclaimer: I wish I could take credit for those words of wisdom, but sadly, it is an exact word-for-word quote from another individual who had extreme views on dealing with COVID.
Honestly, quit making this about one president vs. another. I distinctly remember the current president claiming he would get rid of this virus, and that is hardly the case.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I want to make this clear..I began using the Lemon Juice several years before covid...when I made a promise to stop drinking, I was advised of the cleansing properties of lemon juice for the body, especially in detoxing the liver...so my post regarding lemon juice has nothing to do with Covid...just something I have added to my diet to get and stay healthy...each year I get my physical and they do blood work...the test all come back as exceptionally healthy
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

"We'll show that virus who's boss!"

LOLOLOLOLOL
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:20 am

I want to make this clear..I began using the Lemon Juice several years before covid...when I made a promise to stop drinking, I was advised of the cleansing properties of lemon juice for the body, especially in detoxing the liver...so my post regarding lemon juice has nothing to do with Covid...just something I have added to my diet to get and stay healthy...each year I get my physical and they do blood work...the test all come back as exceptionally healthy
golfnut... please be assured this was not meant as an insult to you but it was intended only as satirical humor. You're one of my favorites.

That said, I acknowledge my personal shortcoming of never missing an opportunity to tweak the wankers who continue to support the author of my aforementioned statement. Never lose sight of the fact the referenced author attempted to subvert the Constitution of the United States. Those of you who wish to block me for having those beliefs, block away! I will wear your block as a badge of honor.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:05 pm

golfnut... please be assured this was not meant as an insult to you but it was intended only as satirical humor. You're one of my favorites.

That said, I acknowledge my personal shortcoming of never missing an opportunity to tweak the wankers who continue to support the author of my aforementioned statement. Never lose sight of the fact the referenced author attempted to subvert the Constitution of the United States. Those of you who wish to block me for having those beliefs, block away! I will wear your block as a badge of honor.
G'Latern... I was not offended, but I wanted to make it clear of when I began using "the juice" and for what purpose. I can only attest to what it has done for me..... it may, or may not have had an effect on Covid, that is why I wanted to make it clear when I began using it... ( and no matter the post or insult, I never block anyone )
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:48 pm

G'Latern... I was not offended, but I wanted to make it clear of when I began using "the juice" and for what purpose. I can only attest to what it has done for me..... it may, or may not have had an effect on Covid, that is why I wanted to make it clear when I began using it... ( and no matter the post or insult, I never block anyone)
I am not one to dispute natural cures, but I know vaccinations have proven effective long term against Pandemics. Not endorsing but I have eliminated all pain medicine from my home since using Turmeric supplements. As a Senior Olympian runner Turmeric has eliminated pain and inflammation. Yet millions nationally are addicted to opioids, really. Turmeric has also brought my Cholesterol down to recommended levels while doctors have kept prescribing statins to others for this purpose. I have gotten into debates with doctors, but the proof is undeniable. Turmeric and Glucosamine has eliminated arthritis from my knees keeping me running. Beet juice lowers blood pressure by dilating blood vessels allowing blood to flow more freely. When taking supplement make sure you let your doctors know because turmeric works because it is a natural blood thinner that must be stopped prior to surgery. Turmeric is also antiviral, and a trial was done against covid, It has been shown to kill flu virus in trials. Also, some proof it may kill cancer cells. Having lost two brothers young to cancer I hope it is true. With that said I fully endorse the vaccines because they are simple only training the body's immune system to attack and kill covid virus by duplicating the protein in covid. The vaccines are destroyed and are no longer in your body after it has trained your immune system. The point of the vaccines and mask mandate's purpose is not only to protect yourself but to protect your friends and families. Please don't be self-centered and look out for all of us in this Pandemic.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:48 pm

G'Latern... I was not offended, but I wanted to make it clear of when I began using "the juice" and for what purpose. I can only attest to what it has done for me..... it may, or may not have had an effect on Covid, that is why I wanted to make it clear when I began using it... ( and no matter the post or insult, I never block anyone)
I am not one to dispute natural cures, but I know vaccinations have proven effective long term against Pandemics. Not endorsing but I have eliminated all pain medicine from my home since using Turmeric supplements. As a Senior Olympian runner Turmeric has eliminated pain and inflammation. Yet millions nationally are addicted to opioids, really. Turmeric has also brought my Cholesterol down to recommended levels while doctors have kept prescribing statins to others for this purpose. I have gotten into debates with doctors, but the proof is undeniable. Turmeric and Glucosamine has eliminated arthritis from my knees keeping me running. Beet juice lowers blood pressure by dilating blood vessels allowing blood to flow more freely. When taking supplement make sure you let your doctors know because turmeric works because it is a natural blood thinner that must be stopped prior to surgery. Turmeric is also antiviral, and a trial was done against covid, It has been shown to kill flu virus in trials. Also, some proof it may kill cancer cells. Having lost two brothers young to cancer I hope it is true. With that said I fully endorse the vaccines because they are simple only training the body's immune system to attack and kill covid virus by duplicating the protein in covid. The vaccines are destroyed and are no longer in your body after it has trained your immune system. The point of the vaccines and mask mandate's purpose is not only to protect yourself but to protect your friends and families. Please don't be self-centered and look out for all of us in this Pandemic.
Among other things Turmeric (powder form) is good to whiten your teeth also.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Greeniegb
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:16 pm
Greeniegb wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:48 pm
Among other things Turmeric (powder form) is good to whiten your teeth also.
Forgot to mention Turmeric being a natural blood thinner is valuable to prevent the blood clots caused by covid that caused many of the deaths and heart issues.

Health Benefits of Turmeric

1. Depression

2. Type 2 Diabetes

3. Viral Infections

4. Premenstrual Syndrome

5. High Cholesterol

6. Alzheimer's Disease

7. Arthritis

8. Cancer

9. Irritable Bowel Syndrome

10. Headaches

11. Acne

Read more on webmd.com
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

damn...I may add Turmeric to my daily vitamin intake..the review
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead ... Qx6BAgFEAE
GreenLantern
Riptide

The government site is now live. You can order four COVID home test kits at no charge.
https://www.covidtests.gov
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:09 pm The government site is now live. You can order four COVID home test kits at no charge.
No thanks. Another method of tracking your life. I’d rather buy my own.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Show Me wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:24 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:09 pm The government site is now live. You can order four COVID home test kits at no charge.
I totally understand. Also, you know that vaccine shit contains microchips that can be used to track your every movement, right?
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:28 pm
I totally understand. Also, you know that vaccine shit contains microchips that can be used to track your every movement, right?
I don’t believe that but if they knew they could get away with it they’d probably consider it.
Greeniegb
Swell

Show Me wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:33 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:28 pm
I don’t believe that but if they knew they could get away with it they’d probably consider it.
Idiots, your cell phones are tracking devices, what more would anyone need, lollllll
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:18 pm Idiots, your cell phones are tracking devices, what more would anyone need, lollllll
Cellphone vs. Government-issued are two totally different things. Idiot.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 022-01-19/

"People who had previously been infected with COVID-19 were better protected against the Delta variant than those who were vaccinated"

Ohm my! What have we here? As I've been saying for TWO F'n YEARS. NATURAL IMMUNITY from having had it was already better than the vaccines.

Hey, win, where are you bud? I'd ask for an apology, but I know I'll never get one. You'll spin it some other way. Greenie? What about you? Any apologies? Of course not.

Maybe its time some of you actually open your minds to differing opinions. You might learn something.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/19/health/c ... index.html

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... ed-against

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joewalsh/2 ... 6a0b2e3d04
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It says this:

One important limitation to the study was that it ended before administration of vaccine booster doses was widespread.

Dr. Erica Pan, state epidemiologist for the California Department of Public Health, said in an email that the study "clearly shows" that vaccines provide the safest protection against COVID-19 and they offer added protection for those with prior infections.

"Outside of this study, recent data on the highly contagious Omicron variant shows that getting a booster provides significant additional protection against infection, hospitalization and death,” Pan said.

Then there's the fact that nothing there says it's been peer reviewed.

Get vaccinated.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

You and the rest of the eggheads. Of course they threw those qualifiers in. They had to find a way to try and spin it. FACTS don't need to be "peer reviewed". I figured you'd try and pick it apart.

Whether or not the booster shots make things better is "irrelevant". Whether or not you're MORE protected with both is irrelevant. Dr Pan's comment refers to an uninfected unvaccinated person. For them, of course its safer to be vaccinated than to get the disease. That was never my point. My comments have always referred to those who've ALREADY had Covid, meaning there was no "choice" to be made. So technically, an already infected recovered person is SAFER than a person getting vaccinated, because if you've already had it, you take on no risk of adverse effects from the vaccine.

The fact still remains, if you had Covid, your NATURAL IMMUNITY protected you better than the vaccine did. Period.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

Particularly this comment:

"One important limitation to the study was that it ended before administration of vaccine booster doses was widespread"

They were comparing recovered acquired immunity to immunity from a vaccine. That's it. Boosters are irrelevant in this study. Perfect example of trying to spin the news.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

LOL. The limitsatins of that study are fact too. Boosters matter two but of xourse you deny that as it doesn't fit your whacko view. As I've told you earlier it;'s much more important now that you get vaxxed during omicron. EVERY SINGLE THING YOU'VE EVER POSSTED ENDS WITH THEM SAYOING VACCINATION IS THE BEST PROTECTION.

Then there's this:

Another thing to consider: The “staunchly unvaccinated” aren’t likely to get tested and the study only included lab-confirmed cases, Wherry said.

"It may be that we’re not picking up as many reinfections in the unvaccinated group,” he said.

CDC officials noted other limitations. The study was done before the omicron variant took over and before many Americans received booster doses, which have been shown to dramatically amplify protection by raising levels of virus-fighting antibodies. The analysis also did not include information on the severity of past infections, or address the risk of severe illness or death from COVID-19.

The study authors concluded vaccination “remains the safest strategy" to prevent infections and “all eligible persons should be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination."
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

"aren't likely", "may be" -- those are not facts, they're suppositions.

But again, you continue to completely misconstrue my position. Boosters DONT matter if you're comparing recovered natural immunity to the VACCINE. Not the boosters, not the double boosters, the VACCINE. That's like comparing Pratt's QBR to Horton's QBR, and then saying Bennett Lee's 14 home runs matters. The boosters only matter if the discussion is what gives you the absolute highest overall protection. Then, you can factor in boosters.

A Volvo is built better than a Kia, and if you get in an accident, you've got a better chance of survival in a Volvo. Doesn't mean you mandate that everyone out there HAS to get a Volvo. If you've got a Kia in good condition, you wear your seatbelt and you drive safely, then you've done your part.

I've NEVER said no one should get vaxxed. I've ALWAYS said, if a person has never had Covid and is unvaxxed, they should probably get the vax, especially if they're older or have other issues. My argument has ALWAYS been that the efficacy of natural immunity is as good or equal to the vaccines, and was perfectly adequate to protect against Covid, which at the time was Delta. And that's been proven factual. You can try and spin all you want, it doesn't change the facts.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Another thing to consider: The “staunchly unvaccinated” aren’t likely to get tested and the study only included lab-confirmed cases, Wherry said.

Another falsehood. I know many unvaccinated people that have been tested numerous times. My wife just got tested New Years Eve when she got it again. She's not vaxxed. Three days of mild cough, two days of nasal congestion. That's what she had. I got tested after being exposed to her. But yeah, because it came out of the mouth of an MD, its fact. Unless of course, you don't AGREE with what that MD said, then they're a quack.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I see the tin foil hat is alive and well. Boosters matter. They give you the best protection. Your wife had it and got it again. So her symptoms are mild but again it's not just about her. Or you. it's about those you come into contact with. You have no idea what their immune system is like. But you've made it clear you're as selfish as they come. Just keep ignoring the facts that dispute your take.