Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Time for states to start lifting the mask mandate. Especially Louisiana. I refuse to sit outside and wear a mask at a baseball game. When they lift the mandate I’ll go to the games. Had my second dose of vaccine a month ago.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... pa-and-ny/

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 am Time for states to start lifting the mask mandate. Especially Louisiana. I refuse to sit outside and wear a mask at a baseball game. When they lift the mandate I’ll go to the games. Had my second dose of vaccine a month ago.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021 ... pa-and-ny/
I agree. We're past the worst of the virus, and in some parts of my state vaccination rates are over 65%. It's time to get back to normal. I umpire games, and my non-cdc-compliant gaiter is getting old, it fogs my glasses. Good thing umpires don't have to see anything! I'm almost a month since my second dose, and it's ludicrous to be wearing a mask, I do it for show purposes only, and frankly behind the plate it's covering my chin under my face mask. Heck, they didn't allow umpires here (HS level) to touch the baseballs until last week. Ludicrous.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I wore one for a year since last April. I’m done wearing one now especially outside.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:44 pm I wore one for a year since last April. I’m done wearing one now especially outside.
Me, too. I was a proponent of masks, but I'm finished. I have to wear them shopping and certain places, and when I referee hockey or ump baseball. But I think the roll back is coming, particularly outside. And most of my hockey is "beer league" until September; I can see getting a waiver if you prove you're fully vaccinated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:44 pm I wore one for a year since last April. I’m done wearing one now especially outside.
Me, too. I was a proponent of masks, but I'm finished. I have to wear them shopping and certain places, and when I referee hockey or ump baseball. But I think the roll back is coming, particularly outside. And most of my hockey is "beer league" until September; I can see getting a waiver if you prove you're fully vaccinated.
People say wear one to protect others. Those others need to get the vaccine and protect themselves at this point. Many unvaccinated at this stage probably not interested in getting the vaccine because if they want it there’s plenty opportunity.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:14 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:22 pm
People say wear one to protect others. Those others need to get the vaccine and protect themselves at this point. Many unvaccinated at this stage probably not interested in getting the vaccine because if they want it there’s plenty opportunity.
Preach, Preacher !!!!...but then again, if i don't get the shot, I can blame U, not myself..... was in Abilene Tx for 4 days last week ...not a soul weraring a damn mask anywhere...FYI..Abilene Chrisitan U has some nice athletic facilites both ACU and Hardin Simmons have gorgeous campus'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ask and you shall receive!
But not at Tulane and other Universities :oops: :oops:
So ridiculous.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:55 pm Preach, Preacher !!!!...but then again, if i don't get the shot, I can blame U, not myself..... was in Abilene Tx for 4 days last week ...not a soul weraring a damn mask anywhere...FYI..Abilene Chrisitan U has some nice athletic facilites both ACU and Hardin Simmons have gorgeous campus'
One of my good friends' son finished there, on a golf scholly no less, I believe a year ago. I rooted for them in the NCAA tourney, where they were quite a scrappy bunch!

As far as the vaccine goes, those that don't get the shot have nobody to blame but themselves. Funny thing up here: People that were the last to put a mask on are wearing them everywhere and those of us that have been wearing them throughout are taking them off more and more, particularly outdoors!
Show Me
Tsunami

So far all the major parishes but Orleans have gone along with the mask mandate lift. Queen LaToya doesn’t want to give up her throne yet.
gbgreenie
Surge

Show Me wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:14 pm So far all the major parishes but Orleans have gone along with the mask mandate lift. Queen LaToya doesn’t want to give up her throne yet.
Hey why don't you knock it off, Cantrell is so popular, she has no one running against her. I applaud her for being tough against those like you. She did her job since New Orleans being a tourist destination it was more important to keep higher restriction levels.

Why no major challenger is expected for LaToya Cantrell in New Orleans mayoral race
https://www.nola.com/news/politics/arti ... 51a48.html
Show Me
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:48 pm
Show Me wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:14 pm So far all the major parishes but Orleans have gone along with the mask mandate lift. Queen LaToya doesn’t want to give up her throne yet.
Hey why don't you knock it off, Cantrell is so popular, she has no one running against her. I applaud her for being tough against those like you. She did her job since New Orleans being a tourist destination it was more important to keep higher restriction levels.

Why no major challenger is expected for LaToya Cantrell in New Orleans mayoral race
More like nobody wants to clean up after her.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

maybe she needs to be tough on those wearing a mask committing the crimes, 4th deadliest city in America, if I remember correctly.... I never travel there without my SWG protection
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Yep. more media narrative. She's so popular, she's been nicknamed LaToya the Destroya'. I have YET in four years to speak to one person that thinks she's done even an 'average' job. There's not a chance in the world she's got 70% approval unless they only surveyed family and friends. Show Me has it right. No one wants to clean up her mess. I guarantee she'll eventually end up the same place Ray Nagin and Oliver Thomas and Bill Jefferson did. In jail.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
gbgreenie
Surge

Well some people can spoil a great party!!! Anti vaccinators are putting the fall football season and crowds at risk. They have kept the Covid19 virus alive by their strange conspiracy theories. Mayor Cantrell will not hesitate to roll back restrictions along with our governor. This is a case where people are their own worst enemies. My daughter and son in law were conspiracist that are sorry. They have caught covid19 for the second time. The Delta is much worst than the original virus. They passed it to my granddaughter and grand granddaughter a 3 year old. Ochsner gave my daughter and her husband the Two hour Antibody cocktail. It had no effect on the Delta Variant. They thanked me for not telling them I told them so, now they can't wait to get the Phzer or Moderna Vaccine. The J&J has a history of not meeting commitments, recalls and quality issues. Do not advocate J&J. Please Wave Nation I am looking forward to a packed Yulman for Oklahoma. If we don't get the anti vaccinators to change minds heard immunity is not going to happen as infection alone does not create immunity as my daughter found out. Hospitalizations are rising, 10 kids are in ICU in Mississippi, children are at risk from adults that refuse to vaccinate.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... e4265.html
The Louisiana Department of Health this week reported the most new coronavirus cases in the state since mid-February — a time when vaccines weren't available to a broad section of the population and the nation emerged from a crushing winter surge. Officials warned that the virus’s more-transmissible delta variant, first detected in India, is running rampant among unvaccinated residents and hospitals are reporting growing patient numbers.

The Department of Health logged 1,341 new confirmed cases and eight more deaths in its daily update Wednesday. In the days prior, the state’s seven-day average of new cases ballooned from 299 on July 3 to 794 this past Monday. The 468 Louisianans who were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Tuesday amounted to a jump of more than 200 patients compared to 12 days prior, the Health Department said.

Louisiana is facing a “statewide outbreak,” Dr. Joseph Kanter, the Louisiana State Health Officer, told The Advocate | The Times-Picayune on Wednesday.
gbgreenie
Surge

gbgreenie wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:14 pm Well some people can spoil a great party!!! Anti vaccinators are putting the fall football season and crowds at risk. They have kept the Covid19 virus alive by their strange conspiracy theories. Mayor Cantrell will not hesitate to roll back restrictions along with our governor. This is a case where people are their own worst enemies. My daughter and son in law were conspiracist that are sorry. They have caught covid19 for the second time. The Delta is much worst than the original virus. They passed it to my granddaughter and grand granddaughter a 3 year old. Ochsner gave my daughter and her husband the Two hour Antibody cocktail. It had no effect on the Delta Variant. They thanked me for not telling them I told them so, now they can't wait to get the Phzer or Moderna Vaccine. The J&J has a history of not meeting commitments, recalls and quality issues. Do not advocate J&J. Please Wave Nation I am looking forward to a packed Yulman for Oklahoma. If we don't get the anti vaccinators to change minds heard immunity is not going to happen as infection alone does not create immunity as my daughter found out. Hospitalizations are rising, 10 kids are in ICU in Mississippi, children are at risk from adults that refuse to vaccinate.

https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... e4265.html
The Louisiana Department of Health this week reported the most new coronavirus cases in the state since mid-February — a time when vaccines weren't available to a broad section of the population and the nation emerged from a crushing winter surge. Officials warned that the virus’s more-transmissible delta variant, first detected in India, is running rampant among unvaccinated residents and hospitals are reporting growing patient numbers.

The Department of Health logged 1,341 new confirmed cases and eight more deaths in its daily update Wednesday. In the days prior, the state’s seven-day average of new cases ballooned from 299 on July 3 to 794 this past Monday. The 468 Louisianans who were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Tuesday amounted to a jump of more than 200 patients compared to 12 days prior, the Health Department said.

Louisiana is facing a “statewide outbreak,” Dr. Joseph Kanter, the Louisiana State Health Officer, told The Advocate | The Times-Picayune on Wednesday.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... ar-AAMckwj?
ocid=bingcovid

Louisiana COVID hospitalizations soar to more than 500

Hospitalizations for COVID-19 in Louisiana hit 504 in today's report from the Louisiana Department of Health. You have to go back to March 11 for the last time LDH reported COVID hospitalizations more than 500.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Is the sky falling again?
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ajcalhoun wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:07 pm Is the sky falling again?
Looks like it. Maybe they'll cancel the whole season :-o :-o
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Pepper
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:58 pm
They can't do that. We have an incoming freshman QB that's up for the Heisman!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
gbgreenie
Surge

That won't happen but crowd restrictions and maybe campus restrictions could come back. Today heard from friends in Slidell that we know of at least 10 vaccinated persons have come down with covid19 as Phzer is arguing with government that the vaccine effectiveness is dropping and a booster is needed soon. The friends I know were vaccinated only 3 months ago.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... uxbndlbing

Pfizer is making the case for COVID-19 booster shots. Fauci say we don’t need a third dose yet. Who’s right?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 am
That won't happen but crowd restrictions and maybe campus restrictions could come back. Today heard from friends in Slidell that we know of at least 10 vaccinated persons have come down with covid19 as Phzer is arguing with government that the vaccine effectiveness is dropping and a booster is needed soon. The friends I know were vaccinated only 3 months ago.

Pfizer is making the case for COVID-19 booster shots. Fauci say we don’t need a third dose yet. Who’s right?
Who's right? Who knows. I got my two Pfizers, and would go in tomorrow for a third if they would let me.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bad news. Fall events now in jeopardy per LoToya
https://www.fox8live.com/2021/07/20/new ... -jeopardy/
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The numbers are going to get much worse so this action likely will be taken. Hopefully instead of preventing or limiting attendance they just require vaccination cards of those attending.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:15 pm The numbers are going to get much worse so this action likely will be taken. Hopefully instead of preventing or limiting attendance they just require vaccination cards of those attending.
Great timing for me. I just bought a bunch of Jazz Fest tickets yesterday🤦‍♂️ In the back of my mind I was thinking it may get canceled because of this new spread. I’m not one to get the flu shot but I did get this one. So if they require vaccination proof I’m good.
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:33 am
gbgreenie wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:33 am

Who's right? Who knows. I got my two Pfizers, and would go in tomorrow for a third if they would let me.
https://www.wdsu.com/article/city-of-ne ... 4rkGYQoaz8

City of New Orleans officials may update COVID-19 restrictions as Delta variant spreads
ajcalhoun
Swell

I think the vaccination is bullshit but I got my two Pfizers back in March to shut people up. I have my proof on my LA Wallet app so hopefully I will be good to go.
God Bless Everyone!