Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
ajcalhoun
Swell

Houma de Wave wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:06 am Just an idle observation…we are in indisputably sad times when you click the “Board Index” and the Covid discussion trumps the football game of the week.

So does women's bowling.

God Bless Everyone!
RobertM320
Green Wave

For those of you who laughed at Ivermectin. Read the ENTIRE ARTICLE, as it addresses every point you tried to make.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 7521000883

This point in particular.
"An objection that had been raised earlier in 2021 to the preponderance of clinical evidence for the efficacy of IVM treatment of COVID-19 as summarized above was that none of these RCTs had been published in mainstream peer-reviewed scientific journals [23]. Closing that gap, however, was the publication in 2021 in journals from major scientific publishers of five such RCTs for COVID-19 treatment [[24], [25], [26], [27], [28]], each showing multiple clinical benefits for IVM vs. controls, most of these to statistical significance at p < 0.002."

So yes, the randomized clinical trials show efficacy for IVM, there are multiple RCTs that are peer-reviewed, etc.

But yeah, keep with your narrative that it doesn't work.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It doesn't. That's why the fools that believe it are in hospitals dying and telling their doctors I don't understand I took my ivermectin.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:17 pm It doesn't. That's why the fools that believe it are in hospitals dying and telling their doctors I don't understand I took my ivermectin.
So multiple RCTs run by multiple doctors in multiple facilities, all come up with the same result, peer reviewed and published, but "winwave" knows better. Got it. You didn't even bother to look at the data I posted. Its all documented and footnoted.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:17 pm It doesn't. That's why the fools that believe it are in hospitals dying and telling their doctors I don't understand I took my ivermectin.
You mean, just like the people who say, "I got my vax, I don't understand why I'm dying of Covid."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:25 pm
So multiple RCTs run by multiple doctors in multiple facilities, all come up with the same result, peer reviewed and published, but "winwave" knows better. Got it. You didn't even bother to look at the data I posted. Its all documented and footnoted.
What's documented is the ignorant fools that landed in the hospital because they thought ivermectin worked.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:26 pm
You mean, just like the people who say, "I got my vax, I don't understand why I'm dying of Covid."
There's very few of them because the vaccination does do a good job of preventing hospitalizations and death. No one claimed it would 100% prevent death. If everyone was vaxed the variants wouldn't have anyone to host them.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No ethics:

Ethical approval and consent to participate
This is a review and ethical approval was not required.
GreenLantern
Riptide

• The CDC reports that the risk of dying is now 11 times higher for unvaccinated adults
  • Unvaccinated adults faced a six times higher risk of contracting COVID and in the last week of August, the risk of being hospitalized was nearly 19 times higher for the unvaccinated
  • A Kaiser Family Foundation analysis estimates that there were more than 90,000 preventable deaths among unvaccinated adults over the past three months.
  • The World Health Organization continues to state that even if you have already had COVID-19, you should be vaccinated because the protection that someone gains from having COVID-19 will vary greatly from person to person.
Ya know… I used to believe crap like the claims above until I started reading Robert’s posts. Now I have become enlightened. I have even begun listening to Senator Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), and now I understand that children shouldn’t be vaccinated against anything….smallpox, polio, measles, etc.

Thank goodness for lay scientists like RobertM320 and Jim Jordan who know more than the CDC and WHO.

And the moon landing was staged.

And Oswald was paid by LBJ.

And Banks was in.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

NY Times article regarding vaccination after infection. I won't highlight or comment, but I'm sure folks will pull out pieces that support their viewpoint and ignore the rest of it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/12/heal ... 8a90f3eaa8
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Got my 2 doses only for my family. Won’t touch a booster. But I’m done masking up. I’d say it’s about 40% not wearing masks in downtown Nola and in our building in the CBD. ✌🏻
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:46 pm Got my 2 doses only for my family. Won’t touch a booster. But I’m done masking up. I’d say it’s about 40% not wearing masks in downtown Nola and in our building in the CBD. ✌🏻
Same here. No booster for me.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:46 pm Got my 2 doses only for my family. Won’t touch a booster. But I’m done masking up. I’d say it’s about 40% not wearing masks in downtown Nola and in our building in the CBD. ✌🏻
You shouldn't have posted this, Steve. The CDC says the vax loses effect in 2-6 months. At which point you'll effectively be an anti-vaxxer. Wonder if gbg and win will attack you the same way they attack me for my decision?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:28 am
You shouldn't have posted this, Steve. The CDC says the vax loses effect in 2-6 months. At which point you'll effectively be an anti-vaxxer. Wonder if gbg and win will attack you the same way they attack me for my decision?
Robert may be on to something. A fully vaccinated Colin Powell just died from Covid.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Robert the liar strikes again. Of course it wanes over time but it still provides high levels of protection even after waning. It is mostly those over 65 that see a drop in protection and guess what Powell is 84. Try again idiot. It's why they are giving boosters to that group.

One study called SUPERNOVA looked at veterans between February and August of this year. In that study, the Pfizer vaccine provided 92% protection against hospitalization for those ages 18 to 64, and 77% for those over 65, Link-Gelles said. The Moderna vaccine provided 97% protection against hospitalization for those 18-64, and 87% for those 65 and older. Effectiveness did not seem to be affected by the arrival of the Delta variant, the study found.
A study called IVY looked at hospitalized adults in 18 states between March and August. Efficacy of Pfizer's vaccine waned from 91% 14 to 120 days after full vaccination, to 77% three months or more after full vaccination. Moderna's vaccine effectiveness did not really wane, staying at 92% or 93% in that study.

One study called SUPERNOVA looked at veterans between February and August of this year. In that study, the Pfizer vaccine provided 92% protection against hospitalization for those ages 18 to 64, and 77% for those over 65, Link-Gelles said. The Moderna vaccine provided 97% protection against hospitalization for those 18-64, and 87% for those 65 and older. Effectiveness did not seem to be affected by the arrival of the Delta variant, the study found.
A study called IVY looked at hospitalized adults in 18 states between March and August. Efficacy of Pfizer's vaccine waned from 91% 14 to 120 days after full vaccination, to 77% three months or more after full vaccination. Moderna's vaccine effectiveness did not really wane, staying at 92% or 93% in that study.

The CDC also says those that have had COVID should get vaccinated.

This is why the hospitals and morgues are filled with the unvaccinated.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Yes, General Powell was fully vaccinated when he died from COVID-19. He also suffered from Parkinson's disease and multiple myeloma, a type of cancer that affects plasma cells, white blood cells that produce antibodies to help the body ward off infection.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:25 pm Yes, General Powell was fully vaccinated when he died from COVID-19. He also suffered from Parkinson's disease and multiple myeloma, a type of cancer that affects plasma cells, white blood cells that produce antibodies to help the body ward off infection.
There ya go telling the truth again. You have no shame Lantern.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Wait, so an 84 year old dies from covid related complications and the conclusion made by some is “see, vaccines are a waste of time”.

I am not going to speak for others, but my point has always been, do what you want but don’t say vaccines are not worth it even if you had covid. Based on the opinions of at the vast majority of those who have the expertise on this subject matter, the vaccine is effective and safe.
Don’t get the vaccine, don’t wear a mask, but don’t go on public forums spreading misinformation.
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
1989alum
Low Tide

You got two shots already..why wouldn't go ahead with a booster, if only for your family? I sprinted to Ochsner when my doc game the booster green light.
1989alum
Low Tide

RobertM30 lives in Destrehan...no wonder he believes the IVM BS. He's probably still counting Arizona ballots and sleeps with a mypillow.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Here we go again. You’ll need another shot for this one I’m sure. :oops:

Tulane Class of 1981
greenie78
Riptide

I’m over it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

greenie78 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 am I’m over it.
Yep. Same here. I hope the shutdowns are a thing of the past.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

The markets aren't over it. Small cap stocks are down from 2.5-3.5%
Green Wave
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:40 pm No ethics:

Ethical approval and consent to participate
This is a review and ethical approval was not required.
I read the exact same disclaimer on the supporting link provided by 320. One of the reviews published even had to resubmit the review due to messing up the control study through the placebo part. Another stated that it found no effect. The most promising was done in Peru showing a drastic reduction in deaths.

https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines. ... vermectin/

NIH has a review of ivermectin listed above.
Recommendation
There is insufficient evidence for the COVID-19 Treatment Guidelines Panel (the Panel) to recommend either for or against the use of ivermectin for the treatment of COVID-19. Results from adequately powered, well-designed, and well-conducted clinical trials are needed to provide more specific, evidence-based guidance on the role of ivermectin in the treatment of COVID-19.
Take it for what is right now. Unproven.
ROLL WAVE!