Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:48 am
golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:45 am
wavemania wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am Gereenlantern, how about explaining how Fauci keeps changing his stance on all of this. "Follow the science" is what is preached, but this MFer changes his tune and doesn't even follow the science. Now they want young kids who arent even effected get the shot. The mental state of many oungsters will be in question as this bs continues. i know personally a few people who got the COVId shot and who just got it again. Of course RAND PAUL CALLS THIS MORON OUT ON HIS FUNDING, AND HE GETS ALL DEFENSIVE. Fauci is a deep stater who got rich off of this.
fauci...the highest paid public employee....he needs a last meal, blindfold and an injection of what his funded lab created, C-19
Or give him a one-way ticket to Wuhan. Let's see how his deceit and flip-flopping plays with Xi Jinping and his boys.
I am happy to make a donation for the ticket, but not 1st class or biz class...tourist only for that pos

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

wavemania wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:28 am Gereenlantern, how about explaining how Fauci keeps changing his stance on all of this. "Follow the science" is what is preached, but this MFer changes his tune and doesn't even follow the science. Now they want young kids who arent even effected get the shot. The mental state of many oungsters will be in question as this bs continues. i know personally a few people who got the COVId shot and who just got it again. Of course RAND PAUL CALLS THIS MORON OUT ON HIS FUNDING, AND HE GETS ALL DEFENSIVE. Fauci is a deep stater who got rich off of this.
Here we go again, the tin foil hatters coming out in force. You do realize that there is no vaccine that is 100% effective. As explained ad nausem, the vaccine protects you from severe covid/death at around a 99.9% rate, which isn't the same of protecting you from actually contracting the virus. It really boggles my mind how hard of a concept that is to understand for Tulane grads.
gbgreenie
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:58 am
fauci...the highest paid public employee....he needs a last meal, blindfold and an injection of what his funded lab created, C-19
Or give him a one-way ticket to Wuhan. Let's see how his deceit and flip-flopping plays with Xi Jinping and his boys.
I am happy to make a donation for the ticket, but not 1st class or biz class...tourist only for that pos
Talk about idiots blowing hot air, try educating yourselves before blurting out misinformation, yes children are effected by the new Delta Variant and if more people don't get vaccinated including children the next variant will be totally vaccine resistant. We are heading in that direction.
https://people.com/health/7-children-in ... a-variant/

Severe COVID-19 cases are on the rise among children in Mississippi.

There are currently seven children in intensive care units, with two on a ventilator, due to a surge in cases of the highly contagious Delta variant of COVID-19, state health official Dr. Thomas Dobbs wrote in a tweet on Tuesday.
gbgreenie
Surge

There are currently seven children in intensive care units, with two on a ventilator, due to a surge in cases of the highly contagious Delta variant of COVID-19, state health official Dr. Thomas Dobbs wrote in a tweet on Tuesday.

wavemania
Surge

and remember in the beginning when Hydroxychloroquin was very effective against Covid, but the media and many governments laughed at Trump for saying it worked? And then Kamala and other Democratic Presidential candidates saying they wouldn't take teh vaccine if it was from Trump? There are many reasoins why people don't get the vaccine, but the media and deep state government officials have played a large part in this
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

wavemania wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:16 pm and remember in the beginning when Hydroxychloroquin was very effective against Covid, but the media and many governments laughed at Trump for saying it worked? And then Kamala and other Democratic Presidential candidates saying they wouldn't take teh vaccine if it was from Trump? There are many reasoins why people don't get the vaccine, but the media and deep state government officials have played a large part in this
It's been debunked, HCQ is not effective at treating or preventing covid-19. This has been debunked for over a year now.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wavemania wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:16 pm and remember in the beginning when Hydroxychloroquin was very effective against Covid, but the media and many governments laughed at Trump for saying it worked? And then Kamala and other Democratic Presidential candidates saying they wouldn't take teh vaccine if it was from Trump? There are many reasoins why people don't get the vaccine, but the media and deep state government officials have played a large part in this
if they ain't got an issue to complain about, they have nothing to say...so good ole C-19 will be with us, at least in the media, for the next 8 years
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:52 pm

Talk about idiots blowing hot air, try educating yourselves before blurting out misinformation, yes children are effected by the new Delta Variant and if more people don't get vaccinated including children the next variant will be totally vaccine resistant. We are heading in that direction.
https://people.com/health/7-children-in ... a-variant/

Talk about blowing hot air--that is what Fauci is the master of. No matter where this pandemic goes, Fauci has lost so much credibility that he won't impact it one way or the other. The dude needs to be retired, and then investigated. Whatever C-19 and its variants do, it's going to do irrespective of how much time is wasted, and hot air emitted by Dr. Fauci. Nobody knows how far this Variant D surge will go, and some random stat about Mississippi children means nothing. I'm not going to worry about Variant D, because I got vaccinated--and the related freedom still feels great!! And if they approve a third shot booster, I'll be in line tomorrow. Get the shot, cuz Variant D can kill you-- a fellow parishioner, 45 year old unvaccinated but healthy woman (no preconditions) just died from it, leaving two teenage daughters--very sad.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Pepper
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:55 pm

You do not have to repost your own post to make your point.

Just some food for thought: the majority of those kids had some serious pre-existing conditions but I believe the politicos and the media weaponized this virus into a political issue which I believe is why some will not get the shot. I go the vax but I do believe it's personal choice. Please try to remember that less than 1% of Louisianans have been confirmed to have gotten covid and .002% have died.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Pepper wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:56 am

Just some food for thought: the majority of those kids had some serious pre-existing conditions but I believe the politicos and the media weaponized this virus into a political issue which I believe is why some will not get the shot. I go the vax but I do believe it's personal choice. Please try to remember that less than 1% of Louisianans have been confirmed to have gotten covid and .002% have died.
Well, it's safe to say Pepper didn't pass any math class while at Tulane... if the state has 4.9million people and over 439k cases have been confirmed, that isn't 1%....
Pepper
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:39 am

Well, it's safe to say Pepper didn't pass any math class while at Tulane... if the state has 4.9million people and over 439k cases have been confirmed, that isn't 1%....
LOL! Sorry about the typo meant 11%.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:39 am

0.23% of the total population has died
11.2% of total population has had covid
2.1% of those with covid have died

In the end, I am sure the family members of those who died give a flying $hit about stats.
Those who don’t get the shot have every right to show their stupidity. Normally J am empathetic but at this point maybe it is best to thin the herd of these fools
Show Me
Tsunami

Amazing our politicians haven’t once mentioned it or called out that a disproportionate number of the non vaccinated hospitalized are of minority race in Louisiana.
Breakdowns by race:
https://ldh.la.gov/Coronavirus/

No identity politics here. I guess they ok with minorities getting it and going unvaccinated.
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

Show Me wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm Amazing our politicians haven’t once mentioned it or called out that a disproportionate number of the non vaccinated hospitalized are of minority race in Louisiana.
Breakdowns by race:

No identity politics here. I guess they ok with minorities getting it and going unvaccinated.
I call bullshit. As your name says, Show Me where the data shows that a certain racial group of unvaccinated makes up a large portion of the hospitalized. You really need to control your racism leaking wildly out of your ass.
Show Me
Tsunami

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:38 pm
Show Me wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:04 pm Amazing our politicians haven’t once mentioned it or called out that a disproportionate number of the non vaccinated hospitalized are of minority race in Louisiana.
Breakdowns by race:

I call bullshit. As your name says, Show Me where the data shows that a certain racial group of unvaccinated makes up a large portion of the hospitalized. You really need to control your racism leaking wildly out of your ass.
Jesus. Can you read?

Your not going to get that report from our politicians. Who’s the racist?

Disparities in Hospitalizations
Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities

Updated July 28, 2021

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ation.html
ajcalhoun
Swell

GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:38 pm I call bullshit. As your name says, Show Me where the data shows that a certain racial group of unvaccinated makes up a large portion of the hospitalized.
Hospitalizations are not shown but the graphs clearly show that in both Orleans and Jefferson Parishes blacks are below average in getting vaccinated and above average in deaths as of 7/22. They will be updated tomorrow. That is a very informative link. I suggest you scroll through the whole thing.
God Bless Everyone!
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

ajcalhoun wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:17 pm
GreenPuddleSplash wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:38 pm I call bullshit. As your name says, Show Me where the data shows that a certain racial group of unvaccinated makes up a large portion of the hospitalized.
Hospitalizations are not shown but the graphs clearly show that in both Orleans and Jefferson Parishes blacks are below average in getting vaccinated and above average in deaths as of 7/22. They will be updated tomorrow. That is a very informative link. I suggest you scroll through the whole thing.
Interesting, let's zoom out for the whole state instead of picking parish by parish. Let's see what it shows. I will say the data is quite fascinating.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Breakdowns by race:

It has been mentioned many times. What do you want them to do, go on the attack, that should work. You just want to feed your confirmation biased. i spend a ton of time in exclusive african american areas, and there are a disproportionate amount of marketing pushing for the shot. Maybe you should plug your nose and go see for yourself.

Everyone should be vaccinated, but you may also want to do some research on why misinformation has permeated certain groups.
Strange bed fellows in the non vaccinated crowd, the ignorant nutty conservatives and the scared/silly african american community, who sadly are at the biggest risk. .
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:54 pm
Breakdowns by race:

It has been mentioned many times. What do you want them to do, go on the attack, that should work. You just want to feed your confirmation biased. i spend a ton of time in exclusive african american areas, and there are a disproportionate amount of marketing pushing for the shot. Maybe you should plug your nose and go see for yourself.

Everyone should be vaccinated, but you may also want to do some research on why misinformation has permeated certain groups.
Strange bed fellows in the non vaccinated crowd, the ignorant nutty conservatives and the scared/silly african american community, who sadly are at the biggest risk. .
Silence is deafening. Not once has identity politics been mentioned when it comes to getting the vaccine. Not once. My point being is because it can’t be used to benefit the party in rule. Plain and simple. We hear all the time that minorities don’t have access to the same healthcare as others. Here we have a free vaccine that saves lives but many are not getting it because the people in charge are not pushing that agenda.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Proof of vaccine or negative test now being required at some NOLA music club venues including Tipitina’s.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_life ... d5b3b.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Orleans Parish public school students to get paid to take Covid test. Maximum $25 a month $5 a test. Maybe they can pay them to take school tests as well. :shock:
https://www.fox8live.com/2021/07/28/orl ... hool-year/
Your tax money at work.
They going to start paying public school kids $5 each for each Covid test they take and it comes back negative 🤦‍♂️, maximum of 3 tests a month.

Read this:
On top of mask-wearing, the district will participate in a voluntary COVID-19 testing program through the Louisiana Department of Health. LDH will provide virtual payments or physical cards to participants. State health officials are still ironing out details of the testing program, but students and staff will be paid at least $5 dollars, “therefore each month the participant could receive a minimum of $15 for three tests and a maximum of $25,” per LDH documents.

You can’t make this stuff up.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:09 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:54 pm
Breakdowns by race:

Silence is deafening. Not once has identity politics been mentioned when it comes to getting the vaccine. Not once. My point being is because it can’t be used to benefit the party in rule. Plain and simple. We hear all the time that minorities don’t have access to the same healthcare as others. Here we have a free vaccine that saves lives but many are not getting it because the people in charge are not pushing that agenda.
They are not attacking the wacky rightist who refuse the vaccine either.
NotJtS
Low Tide

So glad we eradicated the common flu.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Biden asking cities to pay $100 to people going forward to get vaccinated.
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenPuddleSplash
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:42 pm Biden asking cities to pay $100 to people going forward to get vaccinated.
What's sad about this is that you have to offer a financial incentive for people to do something that could very well save their life/family members/neighbors.