Holy Krap...in the name of Ned Fowler

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

Beautifulđź‘Ť
RobertM320
Green Wave

The "never say never" proves true. First non-conference loss at home for Duke in 150 games, spanning over 20 years.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I have no idea what it has to do with Ned Fowler (who beat Louisville once in 7 or 8 games) but it was a huge win for a SFA team that's probably not going to the NCAA tournament. Great effort by SFA,Ned last coached there in 1995-96. He won a bunch of games at Tulane and throughout his career by being a great defensive team and playing a slow down game. But his teams were not lion slayers (unless you were Memphis State!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm THANKFUL for this forum, and hope everyone here has a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving weekend.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: ↑Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:04 am I have no idea what it has to do with Ned Fowler (who beat Louisville once in 7 or 8 games) but it was a huge win for a SFA team that's probably not going to the NCAA tournament. Great effort by SFA,Ned last coached there in 1995-96. He won a bunch of games at Tulane and throughout his career by being a great defensive team and playing a slow down game. But his teams were not lion slayers (unless you were Memphis State!)

Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm THANKFUL for this forum, and hope everyone here has a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving weekend.

ROLL WAVE!
The reason I referenced Ned, was becasue of his time at SFA... SFA is in a gorgeous part of East Texas, tall trees and rolling hills
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Never been, and it's one of the few D1 programs that I cannot name their mascot/nickname.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: ↑Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:53 pm Never been, and it's one of the few D1 programs that I cannot name their mascot/nickname.
Lumberjacks
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
swampnik
Surge

Double beautiful win! SFA have usually produced strong teams and have never been considered pushovers on anyone's schedule. Tall timber chopping at its finest against Duke!
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: ↑Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:38 pm
DfromCT wrote: ↑Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:53 pm Never been, and it's one of the few D1 programs that I cannot name their mascot/nickname.
Lumberjacks
located in the heart of the Angelina and Sam Houston National Forests....about 120 miles north an slighly east of downtown Houston.....compared to the trees there, the trees here in metro Austin are scrub brush