Auburn defeats Oregon 27-21

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Auburn plays in Dallas versus Oregon Saturday night at 6:30 CDT. Game is on ABC.

Auburn is starting a true Freshman QB, and their strength is their D-line. They have 3 players that would have been NFL draft picks on their D-line had they left after last season. It's going to be a tough game for our Wave next week, but let's get a good look tomorrow.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Auburn (playing @ Arlington, TX) is a 3.5 pt. favorite over Oregon. (rotation nos. 207-208 for Vegas Sheet) http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
Last edited by Wave755 on Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:19 am Auburn playing @ home is a 3.5 pt. favorite over Oregon. (rotation nos. 207-208 for Vegas Sheet) http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-foo ... las-vegas/
Auburn may be listed as the home team, but the game is in Jerry's World in DFW.
Wave755
Tsunami

True, the game is at Arlington, so realistically, a neutral field. I am still hung over from last night, but boy does it feel good!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:26 am True, the game is at Arlington, so realistically, a neutral field. I am still hung over from last night, but boy does it feel good!!!
Amen!

I couldn't get to sleep until 2 AM (EDT) and slept through the start of my fantasy football draft! Got a lot of crap for joining at 10, when the draft started at 8!!!

We need more games like last night. The execution was amazing. Only a couple of penalties (and I'm still wondering how a WR can hold on WR screen pass that he was the receiver) could have slowed our offense down.

Hey, MODS: Can we get the kickoff countdown started for the Auburn game? :mrgreen:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

What happened to McCleskey last night. He made a couple early catches on our first drive, and then killed the drive with back to back penalties. I don't remember him being mentioned after that. What were his stats last night?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Army vs Rice are on TV this afternoon at 5pm

Tulsa vs Michigan TV @ 6pm
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 pm What happened to McCleskey last night. He made a couple early catches on our first drive, and then killed the drive with back to back penalties. I don't remember him being mentioned after that. What were his stats last night?
Are you on the right thread? Just the same, one catch for 5 yards.https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... -mccleskey

I am as surprised as you are?
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:51 pm Army vs Rice are on TV this afternoon at 5pm

Can't see that Tulsa/Michigan thing turning out as well for the AAC as last night.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:15 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 pm What happened to McCleskey last night. He made a couple early catches on our first drive, and then killed the drive with back to back penalties. I don't remember him being mentioned after that. What were his stats last night?
Are you on the right thread? Just the same, one catch for 5 yards.https://www.espn.com/college-football/p ... -mccleskey

I'd still like to know how they could call him for holding on a WR Screen pass that he caught.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:42 pm

I'd still like to know how they could call him for holding on a WR Screen pass that he caught.
Pretty sure they just said the wrong number. If u look at the play there is another WR laying a downfield block.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:09 pm
DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:42 pm

Pretty sure they just said the wrong number. If u look at the play there is another WR laying a downfield block.
This. Ref simply called out the wrong number.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

No. I"m definitely not on the right thread. :crazy:
HoustonWave
Tsunami

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:40 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:51 pm Army vs Rice are on TV this afternoon at 5pm

Can't see that Tulsa/Michigan thing turning out as well for the AAC as last night.
Probably not. I just tuned in to the Tulsa/Michigan St. game in time to hear the Fox Sports announcers comment on Cincy's second straight defeat of UCLA. They then said that AAC teams have now defeated PAC 12 teams the last five times the conferences have played (Cincy's win last year, UH mauled Arizona in 2018 and 2017, and I'm not sure of the fifth win). The Fox Sports announcers then said that the AAC has made a solid case for viewing it as a stronger football conference than the PAC 12 or ACC. I wish ESPN, our network was as supportive.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Probably not. I just tuned in to the Tulsa/Michigan St. game in time to hear the Fox Sports announcers comment on Cincy's second straight defeat of UCLA. They then said that AAC teams have now defeated PAC 12 teams the last five times the conferences have played (Cincy's win last year, UH mauled Arizona in 2018 and 2017, and I'm not sure of the fifth win). The Fox Sports announcers then said that the AAC has made a solid case for viewing it as a stronger football conference than the PAC 12 or ACC. I wish ESPN, our network was as supportive.
Tim Brando made those quotes
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
RobertM320
Green Wave

Army and Rice are tied 7-7 in the 4th quarter, at Army. Has Army regressed that much, or has Rice improved?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:24 pm Army and Rice are tied 7-7 in the 4th quarter, at Army. Has Army regressed that much, or has Rice improved?
Army wins 14-7. Their 14th straight home win.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:03 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:24 pm Army and Rice are tied 7-7 in the 4th quarter, at Army. Has Army regressed that much, or has Rice improved?
The third or fourth longest home winning streak in FBS.

Yes, they struggled. But the Black Knights of the Hudson are not the one dimensional team we all expect. And you know Rice prepped for the Black Knights for at least two weeks. I watched most of the game, it was a good watch.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:55 pm

They won't be. The reason is simple. If they did so and we got recognized as "P" conference then they'd have to pay as one and they don't want to have to do that. Aresco will keep pushing. It'll be fun to see. You can bet he'll be promoting that conversation to support his argument.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
swampnik
Surge

He was in the "doghouse" after two straight penalties against him, perhaps and did not see the field again much?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 pm They won't be. The reason is simple. If they did so and we got recognized as "P" conference then they'd have to pay as one and they don't want to have to do that. Aresco will keep pushing. It'll be fun to see. You can bet he'll be promoting that conversation to support his argument.
There's no TV contract negotiations with the AAC for another 10 years. We just signed a deal, it doesn't change if the AAC is called a P6, or anything else. By the next time we're negotiating TV contracts, who the hell knows what the landscape will be?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:39 pm
tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:03 pm
The third or fourth longest home winning streak in FBS.

Yes, they struggled. But the Black Knights of the Hudson are not the one dimensional team we all expect. And you know Rice prepped for the Black Knights for at least two weeks. I watched most of the game, it was a good watch.
I watched some of that game, swithched back n forth to HGTV...I do not see Army running on Tulane, nor do I see Army stopping Tulanes run game...and they sure as hell do not have the depth or speed to cover the WR's...that posted, the Refs will make two crucial calls and Army will win ...and if Army, is a top 25 team, like some media azz holes think...the world of college football is in bad shape...Hell, Rice missed two or three reasonable FG' attempts
Last edited by golfnut69 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:39 am
winwave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:45 pm They won't be. The reason is simple. If they did so and we got recognized as "P" conference then they'd have to pay as one and they don't want to have to do that. Aresco will keep pushing. It'll be fun to see. You can bet he'll be promoting that conversation to support his argument.
There's no TV contract negotiations with the AAC for another 10 years. We just signed a deal, it doesn't change if the AAC is called a P6, or anything else. By the next time we're negotiating TV contracts, who the hell knows what the landscape will be?
We all know that just got signed. I was just stating the reason they haven't been promoting us that way because it would have upped what they would have given us this last time. Plus as they say contracts are made to be broken. If our conference truly steps up in the next couple of seasons we'll see the AAC looking to renegotiate.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:03 am
We all know that just got signed. I was just stating the reason they haven't been promoting us that way because it would have upped what they would have given us this last time. Plus as they say contracts are made to be broken. If our conference truly steps up in the next couple of seasons we'll see the AAC looking to renegotiate.
Good luck with that! ESPN would have ZERO incentive to up the ante. ZERO!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Again I was just stating why they haven't been interested in doing it before and why they won't going forward. But the leverage will be if you want to keep us in the future up the ante now.