The PAC 12 needs your donation

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Post Reply
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 7:12 am



Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am

The PAC 12 can survive as long as it is the exclusive west coast P5 conference, but it try to merge with the Big 12 again in order to remain relevant.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am
The PAC 12 can survive as long as it is the exclusive west coast P5 conference, but it try to merge with the Big 12 again in order to remain relevant.
The PAC 12 will never merge with the exisiting Big 12 ...they want nothing to do with TCU, Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State ...Kansas only makes the partial grade because of basketball and the KCMO TV Market, if not for that, they would be out...many in the PAC12 really want nothing to do with Texas, ..that said UT, OU, OSU, TX Tech, because of the better overall Athletic programs and Tech is a top 20 in Athletic money / revenue
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Surge
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:35 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am

The PAC-12 has been the worst P5 the last few years especially with football and basketball. Easily the worst P5 conference in both major sports. It's a poorly run conference.
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 9:04 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 am
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am
The PAC 12 can survive as long as it is the exclusive west coast P5 conference, but it try to merge with the Big 12 again in order to remain relevant.
The PAC 12 will never merge with the exisiting Big 12 ...they want nothing to do with TCU, Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State ...Kansas only makes the partial grade because of basketball and the KCMO TV Market, if not for that, they would be out...many in the PAC12 really want nothing to do with Texas, ..that said UT, OU, OSU, TX Tech, because of the better overall Athletic programs and Tech is a top 20 in Athletic money / revenue
If they merged, programs like Baylor, Washington State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Kansas State, and WVU would be left out. As for Tech, the PAC 12 was willing to add Tech back when they wanted to make the PAC 16, so there is no reason to think that Tech would not make the grade now.

A conference with Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, USC, California, UCLA, Stanford, TCU, and Iowa State (with the possible substitution of certain programs for other programs - i.e. Utah, Colorado or Houston) would rival the composition of any other conference.
Last edited by Aberzombie1892 on Wed May 29, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 am

greenie78 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am
The PAC-12 has been the worst P5 the last few years especially with football and basketball. Easily the worst P5 conference in both major sports. It's a poorly run conference.
it may be poorly run, but it also has some highly rated academic institutions (UCLA, USC, Cal, and Stanford). Add three plus (1/3 of conference) Vanderbilt's to the SEC and lets see how football does. the SEC is a glorified night school (excluding Vanderbilt). You can earn enough college credit in HS to enter LSU as a second semester sophomore or first semester junior via AP classes and dual enrollment. LSU and others now have something called "Honor College". I guess their "regular" college is not adequate for good students.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 am

Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:04 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 am
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am
The PAC 12 can survive as long as it is the exclusive west coast P5 conference, but it try to merge with the Big 12 again in order to remain relevant.
The PAC 12 will never merge with the exisiting Big 12 ...they want nothing to do with TCU, Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State ...Kansas only makes the partial grade because of basketball and the KCMO TV Market, if not for that, they would be out...many in the PAC12 really want nothing to do with Texas, ..that said UT, OU, OSU, TX Tech, because of the better overall Athletic programs and Tech is a top 20 in Athletic money / revenue
If they merged, programs like Baylor, Washington State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Kansas State, and WVU would be left out. As for Tech, the PAC 12 was willing to add Tech back when they wanted to make the PAC 16, so there is no reason to think that Tech would not make the grade now.

A conference with Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, USC, California, UCLA, Stanford, TCU, and Iowa State (with the possible substitution of certain programs for other programs - i.e. Utah, Colorado or Houston) would rival the composition of any other conference.
If a "merge" happened, in my opinion, not one PAC 12 school would be "left out'.....TCU, Baylor, WVU, K-State Kansas, Iowa State would be left at the curb.... before any member of the PAC 12 is not included...The PAC 12 will be the one's calling the shots....the Big 12 was thrown a life line by the NCAA when it permitted them to have a "championship game"...in my opinion all other conferences should have sued the NCAA for non enforcement of its own guidelines, and terms of incorporation
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Wed May 29, 2019 9:43 am

The problem with the PAC 12 is its western geographic location, isolated from most of the U.S. viewing audience. There are a lot of people on the west coast, but I don't think they watch the tube that much (too many other things to do). On top of that, the PAC 12's isolation doesn't give them a lot of options for expansion. No way the four Big 12 schools will opt to throw in with the PAC 12. Keeping the Big 12 in tact is the easiest way for OU and UT to compete for national titles in everything--and it keeps travel costs within reason.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Wed May 29, 2019 9:46 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:31 am
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:04 am
golfnut69 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:53 am
Aberzombie1892 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am
The PAC 12 can survive as long as it is the exclusive west coast P5 conference, but it try to merge with the Big 12 again in order to remain relevant.
The PAC 12 will never merge with the exisiting Big 12 ...they want nothing to do with TCU, Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State ...Kansas only makes the partial grade because of basketball and the KCMO TV Market, if not for that, they would be out...many in the PAC12 really want nothing to do with Texas, ..that said UT, OU, OSU, TX Tech, because of the better overall Athletic programs and Tech is a top 20 in Athletic money / revenue
If they merged, programs like Baylor, Washington State, Arizona State, Oregon State, Kansas State, and WVU would be left out. As for Tech, the PAC 12 was willing to add Tech back when they wanted to make the PAC 16, so there is no reason to think that Tech would not make the grade now.

A conference with Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, USC, California, UCLA, Stanford, TCU, and Iowa State (with the possible substitution of certain programs for other programs - i.e. Utah, Colorado or Houston) would rival the composition of any other conference.
If a "merge" happened, in my opinion, not one PAC 12 school would be "left out'.....TCU, Baylor, WVU, K-State Kansas, Iowa State would be left at the curb.... before any member of the PAC 12 is not included...The PAC 12 will be the one's calling the shots....the Big 12 was thrown a life line by the NCAA when it permitted them to have a "championship game"...in my opinion all other conferences should have sued the NCAA for non enforcement of its own guidelines, and terms of incorporation
That's just one more reason why OU and UT won't want to merge with the PAC 12, and certainly none of the other Big 12 schools will want to. The NCAA did throw a life line to the Big 12, but had they not, all the Big 12 would have had to do was add two schools--which I think they would have done. One more reason not to merge with the PAC12 is that the Big 12 payout is already larger than the PAC12's, and that gap will likely increase going forward. The PAC 12 will keep twisting in the wind--and apparently grossly overpaying their Commissioner.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2239
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Online

Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 am

McWave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 am
greenie78 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am
The PAC-12 has been the worst P5 the last few years especially with football and basketball. Easily the worst P5 conference in both major sports. It's a poorly run conference.
it may be poorly run, but it also has some highly rated academic institutions (UCLA, USC, Cal, and Stanford). Add three plus (1/3 of conference) Vanderbilt's to the SEC and lets see how football does. the SEC is a glorified night school (excluding Vanderbilt). You can earn enough college credit in HS to enter LSU as a second semester sophomore or first semester junior via AP classes and dual enrollment. LSU and others now have something called "Honor College". I guess their "regular" college is not adequate for good students.
It's neck and neck between the SEC and the Big 12, for which P5 sits at the bottom of the academic barrel. The SEC has 4 AAU schools, and the Big 12 has 3 AAU schools. So in absolute count the Big 12 is at the bottom, but on a percentage basis the SEC sits at the bottom. You would think that the Big 12 presidents would want to remove any doubt and add an AAU school, or two (Tulane and Rice, in that order). The Big 10 is at the top of the barrel with 12 AAU schools.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 10:03 am

HoustonWave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:51 am
McWave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 am
greenie78 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am
The PAC-12 has been the worst P5 the last few years especially with football and basketball. Easily the worst P5 conference in both major sports. It's a poorly run conference.
it may be poorly run, but it also has some highly rated academic institutions (UCLA, USC, Cal, and Stanford). Add three plus (1/3 of conference) Vanderbilt's to the SEC and lets see how football does. the SEC is a glorified night school (excluding Vanderbilt). You can earn enough college credit in HS to enter LSU as a second semester sophomore or first semester junior via AP classes and dual enrollment. LSU and others now have something called "Honor College". I guess their "regular" college is not adequate for good students.
It's neck and neck between the SEC and the Big 12, for which P5 sits at the bottom of the academic barrel. The SEC has 4 AAU schools, and the Big 12 has 3 AAU schools. So in absolute count the Big 12 is at the bottom, but on a percentage basis the SEC sits at the bottom. You would think that the Big 12 presidents would want to remove any doubt and add an AAU school, or two (Tulane and Rice, in that order). The Big 10 is at the top of the barrel with 12 AAU schools.
If the Big 12 (10) expands, it will be interesting to see what UT allows to happen regarding the city of Houston....UH scares the hell out of them, the thought of PEE5 money, TV exposure to go with a very nice recruiting ground, which UT will have to compete with for PEE labled players, not sure UT wants to face that prospect...adding Rice is a whole different thing..UT will tout the AAU status, knowing full well, that the admission standards will retard recruiting and the City of Houston will still be open to them.....I get the feeling here in metro Austin, they give a krap less about the city of Houston, in much the same way as BR gives a krap less about NOLA....they do give a krap about the Dallas metro plex, but they look down their noses at metro Houston....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
riverparish_greenie
Trickle
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 11:12 am

McWave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 am
greenie78 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am
The PAC-12 has been the worst P5 the last few years especially with football and basketball. Easily the worst P5 conference in both major sports. It's a poorly run conference.
it may be poorly run, but it also has some highly rated academic institutions (UCLA, USC, Cal, and Stanford). Add three plus (1/3 of conference) Vanderbilt's to the SEC and lets see how football does. the SEC is a glorified night school (excluding Vanderbilt). You can earn enough college credit in HS to enter LSU as a second semester sophomore or first semester junior via AP classes and dual enrollment. LSU and others now have something called "Honor College". I guess their "regular" college is not adequate for good students.
Wow just wow. What a stuck-up comment. I guess your poop doesn't stink. I have been a life long Tulane fan that has family members who attended the university. I have son that has a real chance at attending Tulane. My daughter was in top 10 of her high school class and she wanted to attend LSU. She works her butt off and will graduate in the top 10. She has companies across the country interested in her as an employee but I guess in your eyes she isn't worth a pile of your golden poop. When I see comments like this bashing an LSU education it hurts. This type of bs makes it hard to defend our programs because it does seem like our fan base is a bunch of stuck-up rich old white guys. I work hard and didn't attend Tulane but I did attend nicholls state and became very successful in life. I guess attending Nicholls makes me someone that shouldn't be a Tulane fan in your eyes. No I don't live in a million dollar home, no I don't give tons of money to Tulane but I have always given what I can and support our teams week in and week out. I have been reading this board and the other one for years and I see this bs all the time. This kind of stuff makes me hate our own fans. I could go one but I won't you are not worth anymore of my time.
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 11:39 am

McWave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 am
greenie78 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am
The PAC-12 has been the worst P5 the last few years especially with football and basketball. Easily the worst P5 conference in both major sports. It's a poorly run conference.
it may be poorly run, but it also has some highly rated academic institutions (UCLA, USC, Cal, and Stanford). Add three plus (1/3 of conference) Vanderbilt's to the SEC and lets see how football does. the SEC is a glorified night school (excluding Vanderbilt). You can earn enough college credit in HS to enter LSU as a second semester sophomore or first semester junior via AP classes and dual enrollment. LSU and others now have something called "Honor College". I guess their "regular" college is not adequate for good students.
Glorified night school, hahahah i love it. Not enough sec bashing on here. We may never catch them in athletics but we can surpass them in life- Ethics, academics, life time revenue etc
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 11:45 am

HoustonWave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:43 am
The problem with the PAC 12 is its western geographic location, isolated from most of the U.S. viewing audience. There are a lot of people on the west coast, but I don't think they watch the tube that much (too many other things to do). On top of that, the PAC 12's isolation doesn't give them a lot of options for expansion. No way the four Big 12 schools will opt to throw in with the PAC 12. Keeping the Big 12 in tact is the easiest way for OU and UT to compete for national titles in everything--and it keeps travel costs within reason.
The attractiveness of merging is:
1. Academics - Programs like UT, OU, KU, and ISU would now be affiliated with universities like Stanford, UCLA, USC, CAL and Washington.
2. Interesting Schedules - The schedules from both sides would certainly improve. Imagine a UT schedule that looks like this - USC, Oklahoma at neutral site, @Oklahoma State, @Texas Tech, @Oregon, California, Iowa State, @Kansas, and TCU. The Big 12s round robin is plenty exciting now since it provides every program with the opportunity to truly prove themselves every year, the ability to incorporate in PAC12 teams would make them that much stronger.
3. Recruiting competition - The removal of less attractive P5s from the P5 group would improve the recruiting of the programs that remain. The removal of Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado, Kansas State, Baylor, and West Virginia would improve the recruiting of the remaining, non-blue blood programs.
4. Recruiting footprint - The combining of the California and Texas recruiting grounds would be a game changer in and of itself.
5. Time zones - The ability of the conference to have games across different timezones would be significant.
6. SOS - The above factors, combined with the 14 team/9 conference game structure would allow the conference to produce plenty of more 8+ win teams that they do now given their separate 12 team/9 conference game and 10 team/9 conference game structures. It still wouldn't be as easy as the 14 team/8 conference game structure in the SEC/ACC, but it would be a lot closer than what they have now.
9. Average attendance/budgets - The average attendance of the remaining programs would increase due to the better schedules the removal of programs that generally either have low attendance (i.e. Washington State, Colorado and Oregon State) or small budgets (3/4 P5s with the smallest budgets are PAC 12 teams Utah, Oregon State, and Washington State).

The list goes on.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 11:56 am

The NCAA has not published the 2018 football attendance...the latest I find is 2017...the average is 42,203......somewhat surprising...down almost 1,500,000 humanoids
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_ ... e/2017.pdf

the five year average by school and ranking
https://collegefootballnews.com/2018/02 ... st-average
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 12:27 pm

riverparish_greenie wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 11:12 am
McWave wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:18 am
greenie78 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am
The PAC-12 has been the worst P5 the last few years especially with football and basketball. Easily the worst P5 conference in both major sports. It's a poorly run conference.
it may be poorly run, but it also has some highly rated academic institutions (UCLA, USC, Cal, and Stanford). Add three plus (1/3 of conference) Vanderbilt's to the SEC and lets see how football does. the SEC is a glorified night school (excluding Vanderbilt). You can earn enough college credit in HS to enter LSU as a second semester sophomore or first semester junior via AP classes and dual enrollment. LSU and others now have something called "Honor College". I guess their "regular" college is not adequate for good students.
Wow just wow. What a stuck-up comment. I guess your poop doesn't stink. I have been a life long Tulane fan that has family members who attended the university. I have son that has a real chance at attending Tulane. My daughter was in top 10 of her high school class and she wanted to attend LSU. She works her butt off and will graduate in the top 10. She has companies across the country interested in her as an employee but I guess in your eyes she isn't worth a pile of your golden poop. When I see comments like this bashing an LSU education it hurts. This type of bs makes it hard to defend our programs because it does seem like our fan base is a bunch of stuck-up rich old white guys. I work hard and didn't attend Tulane but I did attend nicholls state and became very successful in life. I guess attending Nicholls makes me someone that shouldn't be a Tulane fan in your eyes. No I don't live in a million dollar home, no I don't give tons of money to Tulane but I have always given what I can and support our teams week in and week out. I have been reading this board and the other one for years and I see this bs all the time. This kind of stuff makes me hate our own fans. I could go one but I won't you are not worth anymore of my time.
When I see comments like this bashing an LSU education it hurts. This type of bs makes it hard to defend our programs because it does seem like our fan base is a bunch of stuck-up rich old white guys.
Well LSU ranked #140 among National Universities (Source: US News...). I suggest you direct your comments to them.

Tulane ranks #44. I am actually not too impressed with that. Florida and Georgia are ranked #35 and #46 respectively.

Here's some other relevant rankings: Sanford #7, Vandy #14, UCLA #19, CAL #22, SC #22, TXAM #66, USC #106, Auburn #115, Bama #129...…...LSU #140

Louisiana does not invest in it's college/universities.
My daughter was in top 10 of her high school class and she wanted to attend LSU. She works her butt off and will graduate in the top 10. She has companies across the country interested in her as an employee but I guess in your eyes she isn't worth a pile of your golden poop.
People choose their education. Going to Harvard or Nicholls does not guarantee one a successful life. Some successful people do not even attend college. I am glad your daughter has career choices. Good for her. Sounds like she made the best of her college experience.

But permit me to use your logic, Tulane has a top notch baseball program because Kody Hoese is projected to be a top pick in the up coming MLB draft.. Lets give TJ a raise and contract extension. My remarks refer LSU academic overall, not a specific individual. LSU has 30K students.

I fail to understand the mentality of some to recognize, LSU (in total) is not a top academic institution. It's ranked #140!

Some on this board besmirch USF academics. USF national university rank is #124.

LSU is not a top academic university...top sports university, absolutely.

Signed,
Stuck Up King Midas Old White Guy
Aberzombie1892
Swell
Posts: 1915
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 8:16 pm
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 3:39 pm

Even though it is true that the state of Louisiana doesn't care about education (or healthcare), Bobby Jindal destroyed the state of Louisiana and LSU, and it honestly seems unlikely that either will ever truly recover.
riverparish_greenie
Trickle
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 8:46 pm

You are entitled to your stuck-up thoughts. I will tell you comments like this will never win over new fans. Most new fans have never attended a top 50 university and they don't come from lots of money. I hear bs like this all the time in the stands. It really is sad when I have to tell my daughter not to listen to the crap coming out of the mouth of our own fans. She has told me many times she feels like these people think she is worthless because of the school she attends. It is sad to think my daughter who bleeds green feels like this. She has attended baseball and football games her whole life. She was in oxford both times. I can remember Coach Jones coming to her before one of our oxford regional games and asking her to keep up the cheering. He told her we hear you and you are driving this team. He didn't know her and he didn't have to come into the stands and speak to us before the game. He could hear her passion and he wanted her to know the team was feeding off of her cheering. When we won in '04 he pulled her down and said this victory was as much hers as it was the teams. In '05 he would come talk to her before every game. So yes I do take comments like this to heart because I see how it hurts my daughter now to hear this bs. She was never judged by our coaches because she wasn't "one of us" but now she is being judged by our fans. These type of fans make me hope my son chooses another university next year. I know not all Tulane fans are like this I really do but some just make it so hard to stick around.
riverparish_greenie
Trickle
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 pm

A quick note the reason I say stuck-up is because the comments about university rank is being stated for snobbish reasons only. It is not being stated as informative it is only used for a "we are better than you" mentality.
McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Wed May 29, 2019 11:19 pm

I am not sure why being somewhat pleased with my alma mater’s academic ranking is snobbish. If that is the worst your daughter is exposed to at a Tulane game be grateful. Have you attended an LSU event when Tulane was the opponent. Think physical treats if one cheers for the opposing team. At an LSU hosted regional where Tulane participated (early 2000s) a twelve year old (I am guessing) with his dad sitting right behind me shouted,”if you cheer for Tulane my dad will kick you ass”. The fans LSU fans cheered the kid. Needless to say, I cheered immediately for Tulane when they settled down. And of course little Johnnys dad did nothing. The LSU fans were heckling the Tulane left fielder (southerd) “not so hard”. Southward was a biomedical major if I recall correctly. The fans were barely literate (like the current head football coach, cookie monster). Think beer bottles thrown at the Tennessee football bus during an LSU home. I’d take being considered a snob over being a thug any day.

If your daughter and you believe LSU is a good academic school, then don’t bother with my comments. I don’t give a crap when LSU fans trash Tulane athletics. Nor do I care when Tulane is compared to an Ivy League equivalent.

I am glad your daughter did well at LSU and has job offers. That should be god enough for you both.

And what’s your issue with old white men? I believe serval “old white men” have contributed millions of dollars to support Tulane academics and athletics. Wilson, Greer, Turchin, etc .

Lighten up Francis.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 7212
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu May 30, 2019 8:31 am

Sounds to me like your daughter has a case of the liberal college student victim mentality, if she lets words make her feel worthless. Didn't you teach her there are no safe spaces in the real world?
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
riverparish_greenie
Trickle
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:29 pm
Status: Offline

Thu May 30, 2019 4:33 pm

Yea and those millions got us what? Not much in the way of success and I know it isn't putting a lot of butts in the seats trust me I go to almost every football and baseball game. This past football season shows you that having a chance of winning still doesn't fill the seats. It won't next season either. I was there in '97 and 98' look at the attendance it still wasn't that high. I know for a fact the snobbish attitude turns potential fans off. You can say you don't care but looking down your nose at people will only help the slow death of our programs and Yes it is a slow death when you look at attendance. Yes I have attended many Tulane events on LSU campus and yes they have many drunk turds but saying well if they act like that means I should be snobbish isn't right in its self. Let us be better and that also means be welcoming to everyone that is will to attend our events. I never said don't be proud of your education I just said don't turn your nose at people who don't attend elite schools. Bash LSU athletics all you want that is fair game in sports but before you bash someone's education think about some of these same people may were the same colors as you on game day. That is all I am saying. I have nothing against old rich white guys my father is one of them. I am sorry if I offended you it really was not my intention. To all the old rich white guys I'm sorry. To all the stuck up old rich white guys I'm sorry just not as much. 😀 And let us not forget ROLL WAVE!!!!
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 9097
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Thu May 30, 2019 4:41 pm

let's face the facts regarding "attendance"...I posted earlier, the NCAA stats and if memory serves the average is about 43,000 per game....take away the top 10 schools in attendance, like Ohio State, Bama, LSU, Texas, Tex A/M, Michigan, OU, FSU, Clemson, Auburn and I bet the average would be closer to 32,000 a game.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Post Reply