LSU leads the whole lotta cheatin' goin on Alleva out

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Pepper
Swell

[/quote]

For what he pulled at Duke he should have been banned from college Athletics
[/quote]

Agreed!

"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'd imagine Will Wade is not long for his job.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

Under a new AD our relationship with LSU can’t get much worse - for present we have only women’s basketball left and are scheduled to be their “bitch” next year for the Wally Pontiff Classic?
nawlinspete
Riptide

Mr Dannen needs to aggressively pursue our renewed rivalries in FB and MBB , even to the point of rescheduling already scheduled games .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wasn't this aimed at Mr. Alleva, implying that 'unlike the way things were done in the past'? I contend that if LSU dissolved its athletic department and all team sports, within a couple years student enrollment would be cut in half. The school would be roughly equivalent to ULaLa.
Scott Woodward, new LSU AD wrote:We will win championships and we will do it the right way
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:42 am Wasn't this aimed at Mr. Alleva, implying that 'unlike the way things were done in the past'? I contend that if LSU dissolved its athletic department and all team sports, within a couple years student enrollment would be cut in half. The school would be roughly equivalent to ULaLa.
Scott Woodward, new LSU AD wrote:We will win championships and we will do it the right way
did Texas A/M win any championships while he was in College Station ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 am
GreenLantern wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:42 am Wasn't this aimed at Mr. Alleva, implying that 'unlike the way things were done in the past'? I contend that if LSU dissolved its athletic department and all team sports, within a couple years student enrollment would be cut in half. The school would be roughly equivalent to ULaLa.
During Woodward's tenure, A&M didn't lose a single game to UT in that big rivalry :anon:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:44 am
Good point. Also, did he win any at Washington?
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
GreenLantern
Riptide

LSU men's basketball coach Will Wade likely won't have to testify in a trial on corruption in college basketball recruiting, after a federal judge's ruling,

https://wwl.radio.com/articles/after-al ... nt-testify
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Will Wade referred to as one of the two biggest cheaters in college basketball. FBI has two more tapes they wont turn over to the school or NCAA. Wade off the hook. Unbelievable.
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 26f0d.html
"There are two head coaches that are engaged in systematic cheating at the highest level," Steve Haney, an attorney for Dawkins, said of Wade and Arizona's Sean Miller at the Friday morning hearing in New York City, according to reporter Adam Zagoria.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's not off the hook yet. First off the Judge said he might reconsider during the trial. Secondly the defense attorney's have the tapes so the NCAA can get them there after the trial. Plus the other two tapes have been put out there. The NCAA is waiting till the FBI is done. So it will take time but Wade and LSU could still get tagged. It will take longer than any of us want it to but it will be worth waiting for if it happens.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

At current NCAA trial, he is heard on tape offering $300,000 for player .... if that school get away with this then .....
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wade's contract was amended as part of his reinstatement terms.
https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/04/lsu-co ... terms.html

Reinstatement includes the following language:
If Wade is found to have committed either Level I or Level II violations before April 2019 or if Wade is indicted in any state or federal criminal proceeding, LSU will have cause to fire him. If that is to come to fruition, Wade waives all claims of wrongful termination.
He gone.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:17 pm At current NCAA trial, he is heard on tape offering $300,000 for player .... if that school get away with this then .....
Yes. Even at LSU he can’t allow to stay with these tapes. Ch 4 reported he gave Naz Reid the $300,000
https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/04/video- ... eport.html
Tulane Class of 1981
gbgreenie
Surge

This is an NCAA problem, Wade figured if he coached at LSU long term like Dale Brown he would make into the millions of dollars. So if I pay a million today, Long term I will get that back and more. The higher coaches salaries go up the more this will happen. Aranda assistant at LSU making more than most Head Coaches has money to spare on recruits and it goes on and on as salaries grow.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Don't we have a thread on LSU basketball cheating this can be merged into?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

At the trial today a witness testified that a former Arizona assistant told him that Wade told him he paid $300,000 to Reid to go to LSU. He said Wade told him this when he was trying to get him to come coach at LSU. That conversation between that assistant coach and the witness was secretly recorded by the FBI.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nawlinspete
Riptide

LSU Assistant Coach Benford , who was interim head for LSU NCAA jumps ship .

Named TCU Assistant today .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Seems like the question is, will keeping Wade until the NCAA can get ahold of the FBI tapes, put LSU’s basketball recruiting in jeopardy, until the fate of Wade is known? I doubt anyone questions the fact that Wade has paid his players. Absent Woodward flushing Wade and moving on, it would seem that LSU is caught in a basketball “No Man’s Land”, for as long as all this drags on.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:44 am Seems like the question is, will keeping Wade until the NCAA can get ahold of the FBI tapes, put LSU’s basketball recruiting in jeopardy, until the fate of Wade is known? I doubt anyone questions the fact that Wade has paid his players. Absent Woodward flushing Wade and moving on, it would seem that LSU is caught in a basketball “No Man’s Land”, for as long as all this drags on.
Absolutely. No coach or recruit worth their weight will want to chance that situation as it currently stands. The longer they keep Wade the worse it becomes. I’m surprised more of their players did opt for the portal.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Their recruiting is suffering now that he can't pay players. As I noted earlier their class is ranked near the bottom of the SEC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

It’s LSU so nothing going to happen
https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 8e8ba.html

Plus they just beat out Indiana, Alabama and Memphis for another Top 20 player. Kid out of Alabama. Unbelievable.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wade apology life goes on for LSU with no consequences
https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/05/will-w ... -ncaa.html
Tulane Class of 1981
McWave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:23 pm Wade apology life goes on for LSU with no consequences
https://www.nola.com/lsu/2019/05/will-w ... -ncaa.html
The NCAA is a third world country when it comes to rule violation justice. Just payoff the right people and move on. I'd expect no less from Mark Emmert.