LSU leads the whole lotta cheatin' goin on Alleva out

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 am

USC...Texas...Stanford....Wake Forest ..all implicated
https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-entr ... m-cheating


Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18834
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:51 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:43 am
USC...Texas...Stanford....Wake Forest ..all implicated
https://www.foxnews.com/us/college-entr ... m-cheating
Crazy. Big money buying access to liberal education now.
The free tuition crowd going love this.
It’s safer to give a building if you want your kid in just saying.
Rumor of the tip of this possibly came about from the LSU scandal.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7637
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm

Has Will Wade been under investigation? The posters on Tigerdroppings all claim that LSU is not under investigation, but that the taped conversation that lead to his suspension is going to be used by a defendant in the scandal as an exhibit for the defense.

It seems to me if he's been suspended, LSU brass thinks there might be something there. Reading Tigerdroppings is amusing, for sure!

And no, I've never posted there.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:22 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Has Will Wade been under investigation? The posters on Tigerdroppings all claim that LSU is not under investigation, but that the taped conversation that lead to his suspension is going to be used by a defendant in the scandal as an exhibit for the defense.

It seems to me if he's been suspended, LSU brass thinks there might be something there. Reading Tigerdroppings is amusing, for sure!

And no, I've never posted there.
if Willie Wade ain't under investigation, why did he refuse to attend a meeting called by the University Prez and AD under the advice of Counsel ?...
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7637
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:40 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:22 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Has Will Wade been under investigation? The posters on Tigerdroppings all claim that LSU is not under investigation, but that the taped conversation that lead to his suspension is going to be used by a defendant in the scandal as an exhibit for the defense.

It seems to me if he's been suspended, LSU brass thinks there might be something there. Reading Tigerdroppings is amusing, for sure!

And no, I've never posted there.
if Willie Wade ain't under investigation, why did he refuse to attend a meeting called by the University Prez and AD under the advice of Counsel ?...
I don't know, but I do know that the tape was on public record in OCTOBER. Why lawyers give certain advise is beyond me. And I come from a long line of lawyers. Bob Dylan wrote a song about my Grandfather's client, Joey Gallo, aka Crazy Joe. (Added since we're playing "Did you know" on the other thread!)
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:55 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:40 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:22 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:17 pm
Has Will Wade been under investigation? The posters on Tigerdroppings all claim that LSU is not under investigation, but that the taped conversation that lead to his suspension is going to be used by a defendant in the scandal as an exhibit for the defense.

It seems to me if he's been suspended, LSU brass thinks there might be something there. Reading Tigerdroppings is amusing, for sure!

And no, I've never posted there.
if Willie Wade ain't under investigation, why did he refuse to attend a meeting called by the University Prez and AD under the advice of Counsel ?...
I don't know, but I do know that the tape was on public record in OCTOBER. Why lawyers give certain advise is beyond me. And I come from a long line of lawyers. Bob Dylan wrote a song about my Grandfather's client, Joey Gallo, aka Crazy Joe. (Added since we're playing "Did you know" on the other thread!)
was the song "Rainy Day Women'' ? .....my wake up song was written about me....
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... BqAQri4ILA
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7637
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:58 pm

No, it was "Joey".
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
MicMan
Surge
Posts: 620
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:00 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm

"In one case, a former USC women’s soccer coach and the consultant allegedly worked together in 2017 to help a client’s child get into Yale in exchange for $1.2 million from the family. A false athletic profile created for the student said she played competitive soccer and had been on China’s junior national development team."

This explains how Zhang got into Tulane!
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7637
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:23 pm

MicMan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm
"In one case, a former USC women’s soccer coach and the consultant allegedly worked together in 2017 to help a client’s child get into Yale in exchange for $1.2 million from the family. A false athletic profile created for the student said she played competitive soccer and had been on China’s junior national development team."

This explains how Zhang got into Tulane!
Zhang was recruited by schools with a WHOLE LOT BETTER basketball (and in some cases academic) pedigree than Tulane. He also won (mythical) HS national championships at two different HS's and scored 25 points against one of the powerhouse HS programs in the country his Senior year in the (mythical) National Championship Game.

You need to wake up and get a clue, as yours is yet another brilliant post.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Tennis Coach University of Texas @ Austin was put in jail
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:07 pm

It pleases me to no end seeing the "non-revenue" sh*itbird coaches finally experiencing public ridicule & scorn for once in their lives.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:21 pm

MicMan wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:26 pm
"In one case, a former USC women’s soccer coach and the consultant allegedly worked together in 2017 to help a client’s child get into Yale in exchange for $1.2 million from the family. A false athletic profile created for the student said she played competitive soccer and had been on China’s junior national development team."

This explains how Zhang got into Tulane!
The status being bought here is more like a preferred walk-on solely for the purpose of gaining entrance to the university. They would never participate in any athletic capacity once they were accepted. Kevin Zhang is legitimate.
Bicoastalwave
Surge
Posts: 602
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 pm

It is intriguing to me what kind of similar operations must exist on the east coast. Most of this was west coast.

I had a few wealthy friends from Latin America who openly spoke about having someone else take their SAT’s.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7637
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:57 pm

Bicoastalwave wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:07 pm
It is intriguing to me what kind of similar operations must exist on the east coast. Most of this was west coast.

I had a few wealthy friends from Latin America who openly spoke about having someone else take their SAT’s.
I knew of a couple of international students with the same M.O. I also knew, and am good friends with a number of Latin Americans that were absolutely brilliant, and I'm sure their SAT scores blew mine out of the water.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:26 pm

UT Tennis coach...FIRED
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
nawlinspete
Swell
Posts: 2047
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:43 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:14 pm

Latest joke from LSU: " INSTITUTIONAL CONTROL is when we ask after the deeds for an explanation" NOT . Institutional control is proper "control" of those in your control .
Once and Again, With Smart Choices and a Bit Of Patience
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 3098
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:28 am

Tulane student dragged in on the other side now getting headlines
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 21583.html
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7637
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:56 am

Show Me wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:28 am
Tulane student dragged in on the other side now getting headlines
https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 21583.html
There should be serious consequences for the law firm that put her on the class action suit without permission.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 am

now this makes sense...Fired Texas Tennis Coached, charged with....."RACKETerring'
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 pm

Wade and LSU may be in hot water for recruiting violations, but nobody is going to pay bribes to get into LSU.

In regards to the bribe-for-admittance scandal, how can these non-revenue sports coaches get these bogus kids into USC, Stanford, Texas and Yale? Don’t these schools have a centralized admittance process? Or is each coach given an a number of admittance slots that they can sell?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 pm

HoustonWave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 pm
Wade and LSU may be in hot water for recruiting violations, but nobody is going to pay bribes to get into LSU.

In regards to the bribe-for-admittance scandal, how can these non-revenue sports coaches get these bogus kids into USC, Stanford, Texas and Yale? Don’t these schools have a centralized admittance process? Or is each coach given an a number of admittance slots that they can sell?
if there is a student body "quota' percentage, the team sports are exempt from that mandate
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 7637
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:32 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:38 am
now this makes sense...Fired Texas Tennis Coached, charged with....."RACKETerring'
:lol:
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 pm
HoustonWave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 pm
Wade and LSU may be in hot water for recruiting violations, but nobody is going to pay bribes to get into LSU.

In regards to the bribe-for-admittance scandal, how can these non-revenue sports coaches get these bogus kids into USC, Stanford, Texas and Yale? Don’t these schools have a centralized admittance process? Or is each coach given an a number of admittance slots that they can sell?
if there is a student body "quota' percentage, the team sports are exempt from that mandate
The athletic teams may be exempt from any quota systems, but how do minor sports get kids into the universities—especially wealthy offspring of movie stars, politicians, executives, etc, who don’t even want to be there.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8972
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:45 am

HoustonWave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 pm
HoustonWave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 pm
Wade and LSU may be in hot water for recruiting violations, but nobody is going to pay bribes to get into LSU.

In regards to the bribe-for-admittance scandal, how can these non-revenue sports coaches get these bogus kids into USC, Stanford, Texas and Yale? Don’t these schools have a centralized admittance process? Or is each coach given an a number of admittance slots that they can sell?
if there is a student body "quota' percentage, the team sports are exempt from that mandate
The athletic teams may be exempt from any quota systems, but how do minor sports get kids into the universities—especially wealthy offspring of movie stars, politicians, executives, etc, who don’t even want to be there.
the answer is simple...the Coach gets paid off....the kid is admitted, then has an "injury", unable to compete, but still gets to stay in school.....since they are "injured" the coach can then go and recruit another kid since they do not count against the schollie limit....as Sonny and Cher once sang..."The beat goes on"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 2163
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:01 am

golfnut69 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:45 am
HoustonWave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:42 pm
golfnut69 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:29 pm
HoustonWave wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:49 pm
Wade and LSU may be in hot water for recruiting violations, but nobody is going to pay bribes to get into LSU.

In regards to the bribe-for-admittance scandal, how can these non-revenue sports coaches get these bogus kids into USC, Stanford, Texas and Yale? Don’t these schools have a centralized admittance process? Or is each coach given an a number of admittance slots that they can sell?
if there is a student body "quota' percentage, the team sports are exempt from that mandate
The athletic teams may be exempt from any quota systems, but how do minor sports get kids into the universities—especially wealthy offspring of movie stars, politicians, executives, etc, who don’t even want to be there.
the answer is simple...the Coach gets paid off....the kid is admitted, then has an "injury", unable to compete, but still gets to stay in school.....since they are "injured" the coach can then go and recruit another kid since they do not count against the schollie limit....as Sonny and Cher once sang..."The beat goes on"
But how does the “paid” coach get an academically unqualified student past the admissions process? The scandal brings into question the entire admissions process of the universities involved. I guess if the bogus athlete meets NCAA minimums, they’re in. Does Tulane accept the NCAA minimums for all the non-revenue sports? Given we supposedly only recently ended the disastrous “Tulane Model” for our major revenue sports, I presumed that our academic requirements for the non-revenue sports were well above NCAA minimums—perhaps not.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Post Reply