Site issue

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

:thumbup:
NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:42 pm
DfromCT wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:36 pm What seems to have had the biggest negative impact on the site's efficiency, for me, is the auto-run video in the middle of the pages. I really don't need to see the video of Tulane taking the field, a scene from the quad during tailgating, or the Marching Band each and every time I switch pages. I have a McAfee program that turns it off, but even that slows down loading pages.
That should now be gone from desktop (only showing small in sidebar after you've scrolled some), and I am waiting to hear back about its removal completely from mobile. Clear your cache on the desktop and it should no longer be there.

Also, in-content ads should now be hidden on desktop.
:thumbup:

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
RobertM320
Green Wave

Wow. Is this something you did, Steve, or have my eyes all of a sudden gotten much better? Font size much larger now, much easier to read. Not complaining, I think its great. Just wondering if its something you did, or if I accidentally changed something.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:47 am Wow. Is this something you did, Steve, or have my eyes all of a sudden gotten much better? Font size much larger now, much easier to read. Not complaining, I think its great. Just wondering if its something you did, or if I accidentally changed something.
Was wondering when someone would notice... yes, I bumped up the default font size of the site some. I noticed I was having a little trouble reading, and some others mentioned it as well. Hopefully not too many complaints but so far it's MUCH easier on my eyes.

Also:

Desktop in-content ads are no longer displaying.
Desktop video ad is only in sidebar.
Mobile has no video ads at all.

These should all help the readability and flow of the site tremendously.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Font size definitely nice on mobile devices.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:32 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:47 am Wow. Is this something you did, Steve, or have my eyes all of a sudden gotten much better? Font size much larger now, much easier to read. Not complaining, I think its great. Just wondering if its something you did, or if I accidentally changed something.
Was wondering when someone would notice... yes, I bumped up the default font size of the site some. I noticed I was having a little trouble reading, and some others mentioned it as well. Hopefully not too many complaints but so far it's MUCH easier on my eyes.

Also:

Desktop in-content ads are no longer displaying.
Desktop video ad is only in sidebar.
Mobile has no video ads at all.

These should all help the readability and flow of the site tremendously.
Thanks, being a "computer semi-literate" I have been wondering for the past day or 2, "how the Hell did I do that"? :lol:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for doing that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

For those that don't see it, try clearing your cache. I only discovered it once I cleared it at work. Came home and my home desktop had the smaller text until I cleared the cache on that one.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Stephen you need to sign gotula up to receive crypto currency (BAT) from Brave browser users. I’m unable to send you “tip” money I have accumulated. I as a Brave user get paid in crypto currency to see ads and I can then send that payment to any site I prefer that is signed up on Brave. It’s a new trend in online advertising where the user is paid to see ads and then can “tip” the site he or she chooses.

Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Steve, I second tps's comment. I'm starting to change over to Brave myself. Still getting used to it.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:53 am Stephen you need to sign gotula up to receive crypto currency (BAT) from Brave browser users. I’m unable to send you “tip” money I have accumulated. I as a Brave user get paid in crypto currency to see ads and I can then send that payment to any site I prefer that is signed up on Brave. It’s a new trend in online advertising where the user is paid to see ads and then can “tip” the site he or she chooses.

I'm actually familiar with BAT and Brave.... never really thought about registering the site. But, it's done now :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Yea!!!
Just sent you your first crypto currency!
Get enough convert it to Bitcoin!
For those not into crypto BAT stands for Basic Attention Token. You get paid for paying attention to Ads you don’t mind seeing. You then can pay it to the site you like that’s in the Brave community. Win win for the site, the Ad company and the viewer.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Thanks for the insight on Brave. Looks like the future of browsers.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:45 pm Thanks for the insight on Brave. Looks like the future of browsers.
My wallet screenshot
Been paid over $700 for browsing ads.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

In the past week or so I have found the site to be non responsive. When clicking to open a forum it will take a few attempts. Then when I've finished reading a thread and clicked at bottom to return to say the Huddle it will take several clicks to get it to work. Anyone else having similar issues?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:11 pm In the past week or so I have found the site to be non responsive. When clicking to open a forum it will take a few attempts. Then when I've finished reading a thread and clicked at bottom to return to say the Huddle it will take several clicks to get it to work. Anyone else having similar issues?
Yes.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I haven't experienced this, but I'll go take a look.
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:11 pm In the past week or so I have found the site to be non responsive. When clicking to open a forum it will take a few attempts. Then when I've finished reading a thread and clicked at bottom to return to say the Huddle it will take several clicks to get it to work. Anyone else having similar issues?
Same here
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks guys. Glad to know it's not just operator error on my part. I'm sure Steve will figure it out.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Over the last couple of days the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks Steve.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:14 pm Over the last couple of days the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks Steve.
I agree!
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:57 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:14 pm Over the last couple of days the problem seems to be fixed. Thanks Steve.
I agree!
:wink:
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

You'll be happy (or not) to know that I didn't do a thing. I could never replicate the issue. So, I'm not sure :-/
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

All's well that ends well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Spoke too soon . The same issue is back.