To Big Steve

Questions, complaints, and suggestions are always welcome.
JTLiuzza
Swell

I was one of the first guys to sign up on this board when you started it 10 years ago. I wanted it to succeed and, for a fledgling board, that meant traffic and posts. Sign me up and I'll try to help.

I've written before how the other boards devolved, necessitating rules and so forth. It only took a handful of jerks, all intent on taking something fun like a college sports board and using it to spew their vile politics. There's plenty of places to go for that. But as I have stated, they can't help themselves. It's like a poison in their spleen that they must vent, whether the venue is appropriate or not.

One of the usual cretins posted today his wish that the president of the United States contract a potentially life threatening disease. I don't care what your politics are, but someone who harbors such thoughts privately, much less proclaim them publicly, is a low life. Especially given the personal experience he apparently had with life threatening disease in his own family according to his signature. How do you wish it on anyone, particularly after seeing it first hand?

Black heart and empty soul, that's how. And ingratitude for graces given to those close to you. It makes my skin crawl. That kind of bile is in their dna, which is why they have no reservation at all polluting a sports board. That's peanuts. And anonymity I guess makes it a bit easier to expose one's shallowness and ugliness, even among those whom you pretend are your comrades.

I'm done with this site. Life is too short to consort with slime, in any context. It's a shame but not surprising. They ruin everything.

The second commandment has not been abrogated.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Boo hoo hoo. Did you read my reason for making that wish after saying I don't wish ill on anyone? It was to make Trump supporters take the virus seriously, as many of them still believe it's a hoax.

I'd be happy to observe a no political discussion rule here. But at the same time, we're living through history that's all about conflict, race issues, and a nation that's on the verge of coming apart at the seams. JTL if you want to leave because of this post, CYA:
While I never want to wish ill on others, there's one guy with a wave-like hairdo that really needs to catch it to make it real for his supporters, many of which still claim it's a liberal/democrat hoax.
And for anyone that wants to see who I voted for in 2016, tune into the MLB network starting at 7 CDT. It wasn't The Donald nor Hillary. "Vote for None of the Above"!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Sorry to hear of your decision JT, but you have to do what works best for you. I personally don't discuss religion or politics with family, friends, and coworkers. I have no desire to convince someone else of how I feel and stand on issues, and vice versa. Take care, and I hope you find your way back here.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)