Football Recruiting 2019 and beyond

Talk about the latest recruits here.
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6896
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 pm

chain gang x man wrote:Is there a junior day scheduled for tomorrow?
If so do we know who may be attending
Yes there is. I've seen a few players that have posted on Twitter that they'll be at Tulane tomorrow. I did notice one is a top rated long snapper, Gabriel Pugh of Tuscaloosa, for whatever that's worth.

Donald Clay, DB from John Curtis
Ronnie Gray, SS from Carver in NOLA
Jonathan Porter of Edgard
Tyler Judson, CB from Zachary
Zane McCrary, DB from Lutcher

That's a few names I saw. Not sure what position Porter plays.


"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
chain gang x man
Swell
Posts: 1062
Joined: Thu May 22, 2014 2:02 pm
Location: Destrehan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:13 am

RobertM320 wrote:
chain gang x man wrote:Is there a junior day scheduled for tomorrow?
If so do we know who may be attending
Yes there is. I've seen a few players that have posted on Twitter that they'll be at Tulane tomorrow. I did notice one is a top rated long snapper, Gabriel Pugh of Tuscaloosa, for whatever that's worth.

Donald Clay, DB from John Curtis
Ronnie Gray, SS from Carver in NOLA
Jonathan Porter of Edgard
Tyler Judson, CB from Zachary
Zane McCrary, DB from Lutcher

That's a few names I saw. Not sure what position Porter plays.
Carl Lewis Jr from Destrehan is supposed to be there also
Wide receiver
Ruski
Surge
Posts: 835
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:58 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am

Looks like athletic department created a new hashtage, #B19EasyBoys

JJ McClesky started up some controversy/repartee with his Tennessee followers after this tweet:
User avatar
RobertM320
Tsunami
Posts: 6896
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:50 pm

Here the latest QB offer: Terrance Gipson, of Westfield HS in Spring, TX.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/5645779/59 ... 0708b8a817

https://www.hudl.com/profile/5645779/Terrance-Gipson
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13145
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Thanks for the links.
Thanks for the Happy Holiday's Wave Football and Volleyball!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 18261
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

Ruski wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:22 am
Looks like athletic department created a new hashtage, #B19EasyBoys

JJ McClesky started up some controversy/repartee with his Tennessee followers after this tweet:
#19 on this impressive list.
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/g66l-2 ... t-wil.html
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6857
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 am

tpstulane wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

#19 on this impressive list.
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/g66l-2 ... t-wil.html
#5 on the list has to make a tough decision for the good of Tulane Mens Basketball at the end of the season.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13145
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am

DfromCT wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

#19 on this impressive list.
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/g66l-2 ... t-wil.html
#5 on the list has to make a tough decision for the good of Tulane Mens Basketball at the end of the season.
Why wait? Like many others I'm sick of sitting there and watching bad basketball and having to wonder if they will even make a change. Just do it and give us some bit of hope for the future.
Thanks for the Happy Holiday's Wave Football and Volleyball!
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6857
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 pm

winwave wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am
DfromCT wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

#19 on this impressive list.
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/g66l-2 ... t-wil.html
#5 on the list has to make a tough decision for the good of Tulane Mens Basketball at the end of the season.
Why wait? Like many others I'm sick of sitting there and watching bad basketball and having to wonder if they will even make a change. Just do it and give us some bit of hope for the future.
Wait for the players sake. If we fire him now, what's to say the half dozen or more players that are going to leave when we fire Dunleavy don't do so mid season as well? It's not just about the fans, it's about the players, too. And we're going to lose most of them, and probably all of the recruits as well. We're going to get worse before we get better, and don't want to put a team of walk-ons on the floor for the conference schedule.

Besides, this is Tulane. We don't do that.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican
Posts: 13145
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:50 pm

DfromCT wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am
DfromCT wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

#19 on this impressive list.
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/g66l-2 ... t-wil.html
#5 on the list has to make a tough decision for the good of Tulane Mens Basketball at the end of the season.
Why wait? Like many others I'm sick of sitting there and watching bad basketball and having to wonder if they will even make a change. Just do it and give us some bit of hope for the future.
Wait for the players sake. If we fire him now, what's to say the half dozen or more players that are going to leave when we fire Dunleavy don't do so mid season as well? It's not just about the fans, it's about the players, too. And we're going to lose most of them, and probably all of the recruits as well. We're going to get worse before we get better, and don't want to put a team of walk-ons on the floor for the conference schedule.

Besides, this is Tulane. We don't do that.
Nobody is leaving mid-season. Plus most have nowhere to go but down. As for recruits if they keep hearing TV announcers saying we have no idea what Tulane's attempting to do on offense that hurts a whole lot more. As for recruiting what we have coming isn't much. The one guy some are going on about is 6'9" and has averaged around 6 points a game. That's why the big schools got off of him when his offensive game didn't show marked improvement. Then we have the guy from England at 6'11" averaging around 2 points a game in JC. So like I said give us fans some hope. And no they won't do it but we need to vent and they need to hear it.
Thanks for the Happy Holiday's Wave Football and Volleyball!
HoustonWave
Swell
Posts: 1897
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:01 pm

winwave wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:50 pm
DfromCT wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 pm
winwave wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:17 am
DfromCT wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:02 am
tpstulane wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:54 pm

#19 on this impressive list.
https://www.nola.com/expo/sports/g66l-2 ... t-wil.html
#5 on the list has to make a tough decision for the good of Tulane Mens Basketball at the end of the season.
Why wait? Like many others I'm sick of sitting there and watching bad basketball and having to wonder if they will even make a change. Just do it and give us some bit of hope for the future.
Wait for the players sake. If we fire him now, what's to say the half dozen or more players that are going to leave when we fire Dunleavy don't do so mid season as well? It's not just about the fans, it's about the players, too. And we're going to lose most of them, and probably all of the recruits as well. We're going to get worse before we get better, and don't want to put a team of walk-ons on the floor for the conference schedule.

Besides, this is Tulane. We don't do that.
Nobody is leaving mid-season. Plus most have nowhere to go but down. As for recruits if they keep hearing TV announcers saying we have no idea what Tulane's attempting to do on offense that hurts a whole lot more. As for recruiting what we have coming isn't much. The one guy some are going on about is 6'9" and has averaged around 6 points a game. That's why the big schools got off of him when his offensive game didn't show marked improvement. Then we have the guy from England at 6'11" averaging around 2 points a game in JC. So like I said give us fans some hope. And no they won't do it but we need to vent and they need to hear it.
A recruiting class like is just one more reason to fire Dunleavy, sooner rather than later. No wonder we can’t win a game.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Post Reply