Rich Rodriguez

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:49 am

The good old days when our pool of candidates has us choose Shaughnessy over Rockne.

Thanks for the Happy Holiday's Wave Football and Volleyball!
golfnut69
Green Wave

Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:59 am

winwave wrote:The good old days when our pool of candidates has us choose Shaughnessy over Rockne.
If I remember correctly we passes on one Bo Schembeckler
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
lurker123
Swell

Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:09 am

golfnut69 wrote:
winwave wrote:The good old days when our pool of candidates has us choose Shaughnessy over Rockne.
You guys can't even shelf the "Woe is us pity party" on a Sunday morning. Shaughnessy is in the Hall of Fame.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:10 am

lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
You guys can't even shelf the "Woe is us pity party" on a Sunday morning. Shaughnessy is in the Hall of Fame.
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I was pointing out how good things were back when Tulane desired to be a top flight program. We actually had future HOF's fighting for the job.
lurker123
Swell

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:35 pm

winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
You need to work on your reading comprehension. I was pointing out how good things were back when Tulane desired to be a top flight program. We actually had future HOF's fighting for the job.
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep working on it. Glad for the clarification which still means in short, "Look how attractive the Tulane HC job was. Look how unattractive it is now." I'll stick with my original interpretation.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:49 pm

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep working on it. Glad for the clarification which still means in short, "Look how attractive the Tulane HC job was. Look how unattractive it is now." I'll stick with my original interpretation.
LOL. Figured. Haters gonna hate.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:42 pm

lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Your original interpretation is to hate the messenger. If you were to channel that towards the problem, the lying administration which does not intend to compete or be successful, we might be able to fix things. It's not conjecture that good football coaches have been unwilling to work for this regime.
winwave
Wild Pelican

Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:45 am

jonathanjoseph wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
winwave wrote:
lurker123 wrote:
golfnut69 wrote:
Your original interpretation is to hate the messenger. If you were to channel that towards the problem, the lying administration which does not intend to compete or be successful, we might be able to fix things. It's not conjecture that good football coaches have been unwilling to work for this regime.
Exactly. Unfortunately we have too many of our fans who choose to hate fellow fans than to actually call out the administration for their many failings. Thus they are a huge part of the problem.
gbgreenie
Low Tide

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:12 am

This is unreal no mention of Tulane 12-0 Season where Rodriquez lst perfected the Read-Option Offense with Shaun King!!!

Rodriguez, who has a career record of 118-83, was one of the innovators in college football’s spread offense revolution. He perfected and popularized the read-option offense out of the shotgun with the Mountaineers, who won 11 games in each of Rodriguez’s final three seasons with the school. In 2007, his final year before going to Michigan, both RB Steve Slaton and QB Pat White rushed for over 1,000 yards while RB Noel Devine averaged 8.6 yards a carry.
If the hire comes to fruition, Rodriguez would be the second former head coach to join Luke’s staff this offseason. Earlier this month, the school hired ex-Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre as defensive coordinator. MacIntyre was fired by CU in November.
Ole Miss went 5-7 in 2018, Luke’s second season as head coach. The 2018 season was the program’s second with a bowl ban. The Rebels can return to postseason play in 2019.
DfromCT
Tsunami

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 am

Good for Rich Rod, maybe he becomes the Ole Miss Coach in waiting.

This thread and the one about RR interviewing with Ole Miss should be merged.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia