The 25 Worst College Football Stadiums

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Tsunami

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:14 am

Obviously a subjective list, but I was surprised to find two from the state of Louisiana (and Yulman did not make the list!) Some surprises here for sure!

https://moneywise.com/a/worst-stadiums- ... e-football

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
GreenLantern
Swell

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:17 am

I saw this and was amused. A lesser person would have pointed out the inclusion of ULL in this list but I'm above that.
greenie78
High Tide

Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:35 am

I went to Yulman for the first time with my wife and kids for the Navy game and we totally enjoyed the experience. We live 3 1/2 hours away in Lake Charles, but we plan on making at least one game a year.
anEngineer
High Tide

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:00 pm

In spite of the Yulman haters, when my son and I would talk to other AAC fans in Yulman, they really liked it. It's not an ancient block of concrete like so many other college stadiums, especially the ones on the list.
swampnik
High Tide

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:47 pm

Love Rice Stadium. It is probably the closet thing left to old Tulane Stadium, not to mention being there a few times to see the Wave whip the Owls on beautiful Fall sunny days.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
galvezwave
Surge

Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:53 pm

Everyone but the 3,000 Tulane fans like yulman. I’ve been once. Didn’t have a problem with it.
DfromCT
Tsunami

Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:18 pm

I think Yulman is great for the fans...the few that we have and those that come in for the visiting teams. You're right on top of the field with every seat in the stadium. It's panned here, mostly because of how unsightly the NIMBY side looks.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia