9th in a row battle today!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Tsunami

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Who is obsessed with whom? I didn't see your post because I have a life and have logged over 20,000 frequent flyer miles the last two months. I will continue to laugh at you and your foolish posts. You do much better when you post facts. Your opinions get you in trouble and are seldom accurate. But thanks for the entertainment. I'm going back outside with my kids. It will be getting dark and cold by kickoff, so we're spending time outside now. Enjoy life in mom and dads basement.

" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
winwave
Wild Pelican

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:21 pm

You saw it. Just can't admit it because it defeats your narrative. Enjoy the pass.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:08 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:43 am
tpstulane wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:44 am
I used to attend the VB matches when I lived in the city but since moving it’s become more difficult. I drove over to BR last time we played LSU on the road. Did you know LSU VB matches are free? Besides that they do heavy promotions.
Tulane wants a bigger crowd they should follow LSU’s lead.
http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.db ... =204777569

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.db ... LID=129147

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.db ... =210263117
Just to elaborate on this further, these are the things you can do when you have P5 money. After you've sunk $100M in the major sports and built every kind of facility there is, another year brings another $35-40M to spend. So of course they can have volleyball games be free, and do all kinds of promotions. Now I will say, LSU has had some very good volleyball teams over the years, just like their gymnastics teams, much more so than Tulane. Winning builds fanbase.
Uno and Southeastern volleyball matches are also free. So are many other non P5 schools.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Wild Pelican

Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 pm

Let's be honest . Even if it was free no more people would be going.
High School Stadium Gets You High School Football
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:47 am

winwave wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:19 pm
Let's be honest . Even if it was free no more people would be going.
A high school VB Coach would be more likely to take his entire team to watch if it were free. Its a start. Then you promote that to high school’s. It’s how you can at least try to build a youth fan base. I know a coach or two that take their teams to UNO to watch. A few parents may go as well if their kids team goes along. Winning alone won’t be enough.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981