Dannen drop kicks a C-USA hornet's nest

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Post Reply
cajunfanatico
Swell
Posts: 1173
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:10 am
Status: Offline

Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:13 pm

LOL, boy did he stir 'em up.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-854016.html


Jonathan: I have nothing now to complain about on any TU coaches.
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3121
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:01 pm

He upset some southern miss fans upset. Big deal.
Conferences are about institutions and resources.
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6554
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:10 pm

The comments on that board is that Tulane was a drag on C=USA. I can understand that. but also have to point out how Tulane won the first ever CUSA football game, and in 1998 were the highest ranked team any CUSA team ever achieved. I'm so glad we're out of that league, which has become a cesspool.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
DrBox
Riptide
Posts: 3121
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:49 am
Status: Offline

Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:03 am

We spent 1 year in the New C-USA and made a bowl; we had equal or better teams in 2014, 16 and 17, but simply played much more difficult schedules.
2015 was probably as good as 2013 too, but they just gave up and packed it in.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1352
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:09 am

DrBox wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:03 am
We spent 1 year in the New C-USA and made a bowl; we had equal or better teams in 2014, 16 and 17, but simply played much more difficult schedules.
2015 was probably as good as 2013 too, but they just gave up and packed it in.
How.long would you have held up with that clown show? How many games of the offense hanging 100+ snaps on the defense?
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6554
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:58 pm

As we all know, the AAC is much stronger and tougher than C-USA. And it's practically in a different division from the Sunbelt. Now for this to mean anything, Tulane needs to start winning in the AAC, and winning games against these lesser G5 conference schools. UAB is a big game, and one we need to make a statement on. It's far from a gimme, especially since it's a road game.

Being in a stronger conference is nice, but we need to make noise in the AAC.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:23 am

TD or anyone else associated with Tulane, need not make any disparaging remarks regarding any school or conference, because some cannot handle the truth, including those at Tulane !!
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 am

TD just gave UAB locker room material not good.
Wavefan
Trickle
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm

The usm fans are very bitter that we improved our lot and they are stuck in cusa. It is not on field performance that held usm back. They are just broke.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 1916
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:47 am

Wavefan wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm
The usm fans are very bitter that we improved our lot and they are stuck in cusa. It is not on field performance that held usm back. They are just broke.
And they're located in the middle of nowhere TV-wise. They just bring nothing to the table for moving to a better conference.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
golfnut69
Green Wave
Posts: 8239
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 am

Show Me wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:42 am
TD just gave UAB locker room material not good.
wait...ya mean they can read ???...fyi...they already have a W by Tulane

complete UAB / Transfer U schedule and roster

https://uabsports.com/news/2018/1/23/ua ... edule.aspx
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Tsunami
Posts: 6554
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Online

Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:20 am

ajcalhoun wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:47 am
Wavefan wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 pm
The usm fans are very bitter that we improved our lot and they are stuck in cusa. It is not on field performance that held usm back. They are just broke.
And they're located in the middle of nowhere TV-wise. They just bring nothing to the table for moving to a better conference.
Some of the people on their board trash New Orleans. Like Hatttiesburg is someplace special? I would bet most that comment on New Orleans have never set foot uptown, or on campus.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
Bigschtick
Swell
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 am
Location: Tucson, Az.
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:21 pm

golfnut69 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:23 am
TD or anyone else associated with Tulane, need not make any disparaging remarks regarding any school or conference, because some cannot handle the truth, including those at Tulane !!



Thats for sure!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick!
Bicoastalwave
Low Tide
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:24 am
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:38 pm

I was looking at a UAB board yesterday and what I read was indicative of actually a pretty fair minded group. They have us as one of their more more difficult matchups realizing we are on the way up and return a lot of offensive weapons. Not that they were stroking our egos excessively but it was one of the few times I’ve seen a little respect payed to us on an opponents board. UAB has a challenging schedule. . . for a Conference USA team.
Dupergreenie
High Tide
Posts: 378
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:46 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:03 pm

cajunfanatico wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:13 pm
LOL, boy did he stir 'em up.

https://csnbbs.com/thread-854016.html
Dude your AD would sell his soul to get USL in to C-USA. Cant you go troll the USL board?
Post Reply