ULL

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
cajunfanatico
Swell

The Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching currently classifies UL as a research university with a high level of activity, or a tier two research university.

UL’s administration has set a goal to upgrade that classification to “very high” research activity by 2020. That would place UL in the same tier as Louisiana State University, Tulane University and the Ivy League.
You do realize, don't you, that such talk could push Jonathon over the edge. :lol:

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Jonathan
Riptide

The Tulane University of Louisiana is a long time member of the Association of American Universities the top most 60 prestigious research universities in the USA and Canada. Tulane is the only member in Louisiana. It is far above the tier 2 type mentioned above.
JDTulane
Riptide

AS a native Idahoan and Boisean, loved last weekend's result on the ULL BSU matchup
cajunfanatico
Swell

JDTulane wrote:AS a native Idahoan and Boisean, loved last weekend's result on the ULL BSU matchup
What a shock.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ccap05
Surge

My prediction is that ULL does not lose again this week.
cajunfanatico
Swell

ccap05 wrote:My prediction is that ULL does not lose again this week.
Dunno ccap. Open date can be tough at home.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote:
this weeks score.... I-10....LaLaff 3 ... good thing they are not playing I-49
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

golfnut69 wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
this weeks score.... I-10....LaLaff 3 ... good thing they are not playing I-49
Right now I think we'd lose to FCS State Hwy 1. BTW, I was looking at our offensive output so far: Wk 1 48 pts, Wk 2 20 pts, Wk 3 15 pts, Wk 4 9 pts. At that rate we should be in the minus column for this next game. :lol:
BC Wave
Swell

cf, you co-opted my line. (Sort of)
I was going to say LA 1 - ULL 0
Cajuns forfeit rather than play game in Cut Off.
cajunfanatico
Swell

BC Wave wrote:cf, you co-opted my line. (Sort of)
I was going to say LA 1 - ULL 0
Cajuns forfeit rather than play game in Cut Off.
Wow, that brings back memories BC. About a hundred years ago when I was attending Crowley High I recall we played Larose-Cut Off. I had no idea where Larose-Cut Off was on the map but it sure sounded like an interesting game. It was. They kicked our butts. My dad enjoyed the game though. He spent the entire game speaking French with a group of Larose-Cut Off fans. :lol:
Jonathan
Riptide

The U La La team gave up 138 points in their second third and fourth game so far this season. They expected a bid to the Big Twelve. Now they enter Sunbelt play were all the better universities jumped to CUSA leaving U La La in a bottom conference with a bunch of losers and only tier 2 academics.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:The U La La team gave up 138 points in their second third and fourth game so far this season. They expected a bid to the Big Twelve. Now they enter Sunbelt play were all the better universities jumped to CUSA leaving U La La in a bottom conference with a bunch of losers and only tier 2 academics.
You have serious mental problems Jonathon. For the safety of the good people of New Orleans, I sincerely hope you're no longer allowed to drive.

Oh, and you're weird too.
JDTulane
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:
Jonathan wrote:The U La La team gave up 138 points in their second third and fourth game so far this season. They expected a bid to the Big Twelve. Now they enter Sunbelt play were all the better universities jumped to CUSA leaving U La La in a bottom conference with a bunch of losers and only tier 2 academics.
You have serious mental problems Jonathon. For the safety of the good people of New Orleans, I sincerely hope you're no longer allowed to drive.

Did he say anything nonfactual?
JDTulane
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:
JDTulane wrote:AS a native Idahoan and Boisean, loved last weekend's result on the ULL BSU matchup
What a shock.

I know right? ULL blown up.
cajunfanatico
Swell

JDTulane wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:

Did he say anything nonfactual?
Did I say anything nonfactual?
cajunfanatico
Swell

JDTulane wrote:
cajunfanatico wrote:
What a shock.

I know right? ULL blown up.
Yeah, the season has been a disappointment so far, that's for sure. It's good though that we've come to expect more from out team and coaching staff. I think we can still salvage something and finish out on a high note. I do appreciate your continued interest in our program though. Was the comment ULL blown up meant to make me feel bad or you feel better?
JDTulane
Riptide

Probably a bit of a both :D
cajunfanatico
Swell

JDTulane wrote:Probably a bit of a both :D
Then I hope you feel better because I feel fine. I've been a Cajun fan for more decades than I care to remember.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Jonathan wrote:The Tulane University of Louisiana is a long time member of the Association of American Universities the top most 60 prestigious research universities in the USA and Canada. Tulane is the only member in Louisiana. It is far above the tier 2 type mentioned above.
Right. But ULL's leadership is competent and has a strategy for success and they are absolutely taking advantage of Cowen's failures at Tulane.

The only constant is change. At one point, the company that sold the most horse drawn buggies was really valuable. They didn't change and they inevitably died. Tulane is insistent on selling horse drawn buggies. ULL has invested in engineering.
JDTulane
Riptide

cajunfanatico wrote:
JDTulane wrote:Probably a bit of a both :D
Then I hope you feel better because I feel fine. I've been a Cajun fan for more decades than I care to remember.

Relax Joe, I'm just pullin' your leg.