The $10,000,000 Y Challenge

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Tomorrow Friday September 12, 2014 will be the 28th day since The Y Challenge was made public.

How close are we to the 33.33% mark on The Challenge ?

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote:Tomorrow Friday September 12, 2014 will be the 28th day since The Y Challenge was made public.

1.9 mill so far, need a mill a week.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
nawlinspete wrote:Tomorrow Friday September 12, 2014 will be the 28th day since The Y Challenge was made public.

One would think Tulane would be crowing from the rooftops about how much has been raised and how much more is needed in how much time.

Why do we continue to operate under the CONE OF SILENCE ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

tpstulane wrote:

Shocked that it's that much, but still a bad sign as the initial bump is usually a large chunk of it.
nawlinspete
Riptide

TPS for AD; he understands Tulane better than the current AD. And TPS understands the power of communication and that communication is a two way street.
OUG
Riptide

Do you really think there is a chance in hell that Yulman pulls his money back?

This is pre-ordained.
nawlinspete
Riptide

OUG wrote:Do you really think there is a chance in hell that Yulman pulls his money back?

This is pre-ordained.
Perhaps, hopefully; but the problem continues to be the Ad feeling no accountability to the media or to fans. He remains totally out of touch.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

OUG wrote:Do you really think there is a chance in hell that Yulman pulls his money back?

This is pre-ordained.
Well it will be interesting. There is some kind of commitment since it was announced publicly but I highly doubt that Dickson is going to raise $8M in the next 2 months, considering that's about what he raised in the last 4 years.
sader24
Tsunami

At worst he'll match whatever is raised. More than likely Dickson will announce that he's secured $10 million in pledges (he did this in 2003 by utilizing pledges over 5-10 year periods and totaling the number) and then Yulman will send in his $10 million check. For instance if he gets Joe Blow to pledge $500/yr for 10 years that equals $5,000 and Joe Blow doesn't have to write the 1st check till 2015. There is probably a 0.0000004% chance Tulane actually has $1.9 million in deposited checks in the last 28 days. Either way it's still a good outcome for the Athletic Department.
batonvert
Ripple

I think that's BS if he can't raise 10 mill in 1 season, with no 5 yr pledges, cash in hand. RD has had 14 years to perfect and learn how to raise money for Tulane.
This is stupid to not include the public with updates. (At least weekly) The only reason to hide progress is bc there is none. It's been a while since Tulane has had this kind of positive buzz. It's only human nature for fans to expect to see progress.
I think this is all ridiculous anyway. I just don't believe that he has been stuck on 53 Million for a year. RD's only job was to hit the road and raise money for the remaining cost and he FAILED.
Brilliant idea to make his new goal 1/2 of his last failure.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I think today is the 14th day since the challenge was issued. I agree w/al that's said in this thread but I thought he issued it at the ceremony the day before the GT game.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jerry....Jerry.....Jerry.....Jerry..... C'mon Mister Springer...break out the check book !!!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

In a parallel universe that revolves around reality, the stadium project would be a scandalous embarrassment for the university; underscored a lack of honesty and utter competence of the administration that pushed for the OCS; infuriated fans who are being asked AGAIN to bail out said administration, and sowed the roots of a controversy that by now should have been thoroughly reported in the local media, if they weren't feckless or in bed financially with the school, and investigated by the Justice Department for fraud and racketeering.

Other than that, everything's cool and Tulane has truly hit the big time.
nawlinspete
Riptide

MicMan wrote:In a parallel universe that revolves around reality, the stadium project would be a scandalous embarrassment for the university; underscored a lack of honesty and utter competence of the administration that pushed for the OCS; infuriated fans who are being asked AGAIN to bail out said administration, and sowed the roots of a controversy that by now should have been thoroughly reported in the local media, if they weren't feckless or in bed financially with the school, and investigated by the Justice Department for fraud and racketeering.

You have captured the essence of our current AD.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

MicMan wrote:In a parallel universe that revolves around reality, the stadium project would be a scandalous embarrassment for the university; underscored a lack of honesty and utter competence of the administration that pushed for the OCS; infuriated fans who are being asked AGAIN to bail out said administration, and sowed the roots of a controversy that by now should have been thoroughly reported in the local media, if they weren't feckless or in bed financially with the school, and investigated by the Justice Department for fraud and racketeering.

Another post nominated for the mythical gotula.net HOF.
JDTulane
Riptide

Homecoming will rake in a good chunk of change. I bet we make it pretty easily if we already have 2million-ish. I haven't donated any money yet, for ex. That will make it $2,000,050.
Charlie Dunn
Ripple

I realize the stadium is small and there are some concession problems, but it is a really nice stadium. Probably one of the top college stadiums in the country from an amenities and sight-line perspective. Also, the tailgating at the Ga Tech game on campus was like being at an SEC game. Tremendous atmosphere -- band, tents everywhere, hot co-eds, cocktails, fan support. It was great. Hopefully, once the alumni get to experience it, the donations will start pouring in.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Charlie Dunn wrote:I realize the stadium is small and there are some concession problems, but it is a really nice stadium. Probably one of the top college stadiums in the country from an amenities and sight-line perspective. Also, the tailgating at the Ga Tech game on campus was like being at an SEC game. Tremendous atmosphere -- band, tents everywhere, hot co-eds, cocktails, fan support. It was great. Hopefully, once the alumni get to experience it, the donations will start pouring in.
I will not experience Yulman until the Temple game...but from what I have seen, it looks a great deal like Ok State...all seats close to the field
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jonathan
Riptide

What can any posters on this board do about this. Nothing these dollar amounts are so far over our head and taken up in the Glazer Center with the high rollers and our AD.
MicMan
Swell

Charlie Dunn wrote:I realize the stadium is small and there are some concession problems, but it is a really nice stadium. Probably one of the top college stadiums in the country from an amenities and sight-line perspective. Also, the tailgating at the Ga Tech game on campus was like being at an SEC game. Tremendous atmosphere -- band, tents everywhere, hot co-eds, cocktails, fan support. It was great. Hopefully, once the alumni get to experience it, the donations will start pouring in.
Too bad most of the alums live out of state (most waaay out of state) and will never set foot in Yulman.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Status update available?
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote:Status update available?
I would call or email TAF or someone on this list.
Tell them you were considering a donation and would like to know where we stand on the challenge before donating.
http://www.tulanegreenwave.com/staffdir ... ffdir.html
Jonathan
Riptide

Why not take up a contribution on this website and maybe we can meet the $10m challenge!
RobertM320
Green Wave

We talk about looking to get rid of RD, well here's our opportunity. All it would take is one big money alum to step up and publicly say he'll match Yulman's $10M, and give another $20M towards an IPF, on the condition that Rick Dickson is relieved of his duties immediately. That would put it squarely in the lap of the BOA. Do they turn down $30M just to save RD's ass?
nawlinspete
Riptide

RobertM320 wrote:We talk about looking to get rid of RD, well here's our opportunity. All it would take is one big money alum to step up and publicly say he'll match Yulman's $10M, and give another $20M towards an IPF, on the condition that Rick Dickson is relieved of his duties immediately. That would put it squarely in the lap of the BOA. Do they turn down $30M just to save RD's ass?
Are Warren Buffet and/or Phil Knight closet Tulane fans ?