La. Tech 42. North Texas 21

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
Jonathan
Riptide

Another rout this week after routing Southwestern last week. Tulane defeated La. Tech at their stadium 24-15 last year.

ccap05
Surge

Jonathan wrote:Another rout this week after routing Southwestern last week. Tulane defeated La. Tech at their stadium 24-15 last year.
Jonathan- I assume that you are trying to goad Lafayette supporters by calling them Southwestern. The proper, preferred and legal name is The University of Louisiana at Lafayette (or U-La-Laf for short). :)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Funny because my father-in-law who went there but graduated from Tulane in Engineering in the late 50's early 60's still calls them Southwestern as well.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote:Funny because my father-in-law who went there but graduated from Tulane in Engineering in the late 50's early 60's still calls them Southwestern as well.
at that time I think it was called "S.L.I." ...Southwest Inst. of Technology....later change to U.S.L....and then to La LAFF
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ccap05
Surge

I do not remember the Institute days but I certainly look back fondly on some nice baseball against the University in Lafayette. In any event, they have had numerous fans come on this board about their name concerns and, although they have not been unanimous, I think the best thing as they pursue Sun Belt glory is to refer to them by their chosen name- Lafayette of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette (U-La-Laff). I visited their fan board and noted that they too have big athletic infrastructure plans- they are trying to raise the money needed to buy two costumes and bring back their beloved Mascot "Cayenne the Pepper".
cajunfanatico
Swell

A thread titled La Tech 42, North Texas 21 and not a single comment about the game. We appreciate your continued interest in Cajun athletics.

For the record, it appears Tech's offense is really coming together with their new quarterback. Like Tulane, they've got all the pieces, though it appears their coaching staff is maturing much more rapidly.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
ccap05
Surge

cajunfanatico wrote:A thread titled La Tech 42, North Texas 21 and not a single comment about the game. We appreciate your continued interest in Cajun athletics.

For the record, it appears Tech's offense is really coming together with their new quarterback. Like Tulane, they've got all the pieces, though it appears their coaching staff is maturing much more rapidly.
Actually the first comment was about the game. The rest of the comments were about ULL's preferred or proper name. This pretty much mirrors what you find on the RajinCajun website. I do appreciate the success that Hud has had at ULL (one horrible loss does not erase 3 really good years) and certainly hope that our program does something similar happens at Tulane. I will admit, in light of the past two years cacophony of "rebranding" calls from UL-Laf supporters that I find that particular aspect of Cajun athletics.
Jonathan
Riptide

Why do they constantly improperly and illegally call themselves the University of Louisiana? Maybe we are both wrong and they did change their name from a directional school to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette UL-L by legislative act simultaneously with their sister companion school the University of Louisiana at Monroe ULM . We all know that Tulane is the one and only University of Louisiana created by Louisiana legislative act in the late 19th century. When Paul Tulane gave serious real estate and money to this university the word Tulane was added to the front of the name now, Tulane University of Louisiana and it became a private institution. UL-L is only one member of 9 members of the University of Louisiana System including these other eight members with them: Grambling,La. Tech,Mc Neese State,Nichols State,Southeastern,ULM and UNO. The only flagship state university as designated by the state legislature is Louisiana State Agricultural & Mechanical. I have close friends at these other eight universities that feel strongly that the UL-L alumni and supporters are paranoid and delusional in attempting to call themselves what they are not.

Final comment I have spoken to sports announcers from tv networks and reporters from various newspapers. ULL-L fans attempt to intimidate them while covering their baseball,basketball or football games by going on their fan website to email or call to bombard them and their bosses to call UL-L Louisiana or University of Louisiana. To date as far as I know only the newspaper The Advertiser in Lafayette is the only media member that has given in to intimidation! During the last regionals or super regional UL-L was in, they put unbelievable pressure on one announcer covering their games Ben Mc Donald, former LSU A&M pitching great to call them their incorrect, illegal and bogus name.

If you really want to be called the University of Louisiana do it the proper way. Enter a bill in the Louisiana legislature to change your name from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette to the University of Louisiana. Get it passed by the legislature and the governor to sign the bill. Believe me it will never happen! . LSU A&M with the other eight universities of the University of Louisiana System, particularly ULM, will lobby against it and kill the bill.
Last edited by Jonathan on Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Why do they constantly improperly and illegally call themselves the University of Louisiana? Maybe we are both wrong and they did change their name from a directional school to the University of Louisiana at Lafayette UL-L by legislative act simultaneously with their sister companion school the University of Louisiana at Monroe ULM . We all know that Tulane is the one and only University of Louisiana created by Louisiana legislative act in the late 19th century. When Paul Tulane gave serious real estate and money to this university the word Tulane was added to the front of the name now, Tulane University of Louisiana and it became a private institution.
The university, in accordance with the law, in all official correspondence or other official capacities, uses the correct name as laid out in the law. As far as I know, there is no law that requires fans on a chat board to call the school anything other than what they choose.

There's also no law against the athletic department branding the team as the Louisiana Ragin Cajuns and you might as well get used to it Jonathon because it's getting more popular every day and it's here to stay.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

as long as U beat them...who the hell cares what they call themselves... but U have the right to call them losers
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !