Teddy Veal... Reinstated!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tgibson
Low Tide

LSU Law Greenie wrote:
tgibson wrote:
Jonathan wrote:I feel that he is allegedly being squeezed for money,will be cleared of all charges and return .
Criminal charges have nothing to do with "squeezing" anyone for money.
Criminal charges have a lot to do with squeezing for money. I did public defender work for 7 years and many many times the "victim" would have his family tell the defendants family that for a certain sum of $$$ the victim would drop the charges. It happens more than you think!
And that's blackmail/extortion and illegall

Besides, it's a silly way to go about it. If you want to squeeze someone for money, people do it all the time legally- they just sue them in civil court and offer a settlement.

Show Me
Tsunami

With his situation in doubt I would expect Veal to be red-shirted this year should he be cleared.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote:With his situation in doubt I would expect Veal to be red-shirted this year should he be cleared.
If he misses much of preseason camp, I would agree. But he was on campus last semester specifically to learn the offense and contribute. From what I can tell, he'll push for playing time.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
TXWave88
Surge

DfromCT wrote:
Show Me wrote:With his situation in doubt I would expect Veal to be red-shirted this year should he be cleared.
If he misses much of preseason camp, I would agree. But he was on campus last semester specifically to learn the offense and contribute. From what I can tell, he'll push for playing time.

Exactly. He was brought in early so he could be available for game 1. If he misses a big chunk of camp, he will still probably not be redshirted. He could make a big impact after the first couple of games. If he misses all of camp, then he needs to redshirt.
billow
High Tide

DA drops charges! Veal cleared to play immediately!
JerseyWave
Riptide

This is great news! I'm very happy for the kid. Get him out there onto the practice field.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

So huge! Position of need, kid who has a leg up on the playbook. Really pumped.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

This is the kind of thing that used to go against Tulane football. Feels like a new era.
capwave
High Tide

man this is good news. we really are going to need one of these young wide receivers to step up this year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:Charges dropped........
http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river
Great news. Now let's hope he makes the very most of the opportunities in front of him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Great news. Now let's hope he makes the most of the opportunities in front of him.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

Thank God
sader24
Tsunami

I think he and Encalade will be in the mix from the very start. I really liked both of their high school tapes. Hopefully some of the higher rated local WR's are listening to the positive reports on Ryan Grant coming from the Redskins camp. Sounds like he looks very polished and very well coached out there.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

sader24 wrote:I think he and Encalade will be in the mix from the very start. I really liked both of their high school tapes. Hopefully some of the higher rated local WR's are listening to the positive reports on Ryan Grant coming from the Redskins camp. Sounds like he looks very polished and very well coached out there.
+1. Encalade's HS tape was really really impressive and Redskins observers are constantly talking about Grant playing like a 10 year veteran.
AugWave
Swell

YEEAAAHHHHH!!!! LET'S GET IT!!
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
Jonathan
Riptide

Veal is the best and fastest incoming freshman on the Tulane team. He will be in the NFL with Tanner Lee. Should be a great combination Lee to Veal.
AugWave
Swell

Jonathan wrote:Veal is the best and fastest incoming freshman on the Tulane team. He will be in the NFL with Tanner Lee. Should be a great combination Lee to Veal.
Dammit man. Anointing them already? :shock:

Also, I'd like to see both Teddy's in a footrace.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Case Closed! https://twitter.com/theadvocateno/statu ... 2553962496 http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans/ ... bf9f1.html
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Teddy Veal scored Tulane's first rushing touchdown in Yulman Stadium. Xavier Rush scored Tulane's second passing touchdown!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
MicMan
Swell

As if settling a sexual assault case was something to celebrate.