Teddy Veal... Reinstated!

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
AugWave
Swell

I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
waveclem
Surge

Damn damn damn!!
tnelly15
Riptide

We hardly knew ye
RobertM320
Green Wave

What a damn shame.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

That sucks bigtime........ :oops: :oops:
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

Heard the girl was out partying and drinking (she was here on a visit). Wanted to wild out and have fun. Not saying she's guilty of feeling played and claiming rape, but that story sure sounds iffy. She had sex with someone before she went to sleep, but woke up and found out Veal had sex with her too?
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:Heard the girl was out partying and drinking (she was here on a visit). Wanted to wild out and have fun. Not saying she's guilty of feeling played and claiming rape, but that story sure sounds iffy. She had sex with someone before she went to sleep, but woke up and found out Veal had sex with her too?
With the Darren Sharper stuff out there, no good can come from this.
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
AugWave wrote:Heard the girl was out partying and drinking (she was here on a visit). Wanted to wild out and have fun. Not saying she's guilty of feeling played and claiming rape, but that story sure sounds iffy. She had sex with someone before she went to sleep, but woke up and found out Veal had sex with her too?
With the Darren Sharper stuff out there, no good can come from this.
Right. :shakingno:
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

damn.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Oh well, he can transfer to Southeast Louisiana. He will be eligible immediately.

C'mon CJ, hire some babysitters for some of your guys!
waveclem
Surge

Well it seems like he is still on the team for now. Maybe we should wait to see how this plays out before assuming his guilt ( which I have mistakenly already done as well).
Jonathan
Riptide

One of our top recruits.guilty or not he is history! He was immediately suspended from team by the university. You do not put yourself In such a compromising situation! I would immediately hire the criminal defense attorney representing the recent former all star Tulane football player that transferred from Duke to Tulane. He did a great job on his drug case. A lot of these cases or he said she said. They need witnesses or bruise marks to show non consent. When you get this type of publicity, if you are guilty or not guilty you are toast,sadly.
Last edited by Jonathan on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jonathan wrote:One of our top recruits.guilty or not he is history!
+1
Yep, going to be difficult to overcome this bad judgement.
Tulane Class of 1981
Eaglewave
Swell

There is a chance that this kid is completely not guilty.
Ball Sumrall!
AugWave
Swell

Eaglewave wrote:There is a chance that this kid is completely not guilty.
From what I've heard, he isn't .. Mind you, I was told this happened a couple weeks ago. I just didn't know who. Everybody that knows what happened said that he didn't do that. Just look at some of the football players' tweets.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

With Darren Sharper fresh on everyones mind this is what people will think of.
http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/201 ... nwsltrhead
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

For the purposes of Tulane football, it doesn't matter whether he did it or not. They have to suspend him, he won't play this year at the least.

This is different than Jameis Winston from that perspective, because charges have been filed.

So, we just have to let it go and move on.

As far as him personally, he will have his day in court, whether he did it or not. I will say that it will be difficult to prove without witnesses. It always is.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:For the purposes of Tulane football, it doesn't matter whether he did it or not. They have to suspend him, he won't play this year at the least.

This is different than Jameis Winston from that perspective, because charges have been filed.

As far as him personally, he will have his day in court, whether he did it or not. I will say that it will be difficult to prove without witnesses. It always is.
If or not his DNA was recovered should tell the story.
Tulane Class of 1981
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:For the purposes of Tulane football, it doesn't matter whether he did it or not. They have to suspend him, he won't play this year at the least.

Without getting too graphic, from the details of the story, I'm far from certain they will find any DNA (whether he did it or not).

Aside from that, DNA doesn't speak to consent. The details here are sketchy, as they are in most cases like this. The prosecutor from the Winston case got in trouble for saying this, although he was right: Regardless of what happened, these cases are very difficult to prove. In the Maryville, Ohio case it took cell phone videos and text messages to prove guilt, and even that was controversial.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:For the purposes of Tulane football, it doesn't matter whether he did it or not. They have to suspend him, he won't play this year at the least. This is different than Jameis Winston from that perspective, because charges have been filed. So, we just have to let it go and move on. As far as him personally, he will have his day in court, whether he did it or not. I will say that it will be difficult to prove without witnesses. It always is.
Without getting too graphic, from the details of the story, I'm far from certain they will find any DNA (whether he did it or not). Aside from that, DNA doesn't speak to consent. The details here are sketchy, as they are in most cases like this. The prosecutor from the Winston case got in trouble for saying this, although he was right: Regardless of what happened, these cases are very difficult to prove. In the Maryville, Ohio case it took cell phone videos and text messages to prove guilt, and even that was controversial.
If the high school girl wants to pursue this then it's a tough road ahead. It could take over a year to go to trial. If she wants to drop the charges then things may go away for NVS fairly quickly.
Tulane Class of 1981
Charlie Dunn
Ripple

It doesn't look good. if he was on top of some high school lgirl who was passed out drunk, that is pretty sad. she's not even a student yet and is in town visiting our school. That is just disgraceful. i'd like to hear the facts, but this is either an assault or extremely poor judgment in taking advantage of someone. Very disappointing. Certainly not the way Tulane should be represented. I'm disgusted.
sader24
Tsunami

Stop using the high school girl B.s. The girl is 18 and Veal is 17. She's older than he is, he's only ahead of her in school bc he graduated from high school early.
OUG
Riptide

sader24 wrote:Stop using the high school girl B.s. The girl is 18 and Veal is 17. She's older than he is, he's only ahead of her in school bc he graduated from high school early.
+1. Funny how language gets thrown around as a way to bias things. By the way, if she was 18 and a student at Tulane, would it change things in anyway? No.
OUG
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:
tpstulane wrote:
OUG wrote:For the purposes of Tulane football, it doesn't matter whether he did it or not. They have to suspend him, he won't play this year at the least. This is different than Jameis Winston from that perspective, because charges have been filed. So, we just have to let it go and move on. As far as him personally, he will have his day in court, whether he did it or not. I will say that it will be difficult to prove without witnesses. It always is.
Without getting too graphic, from the details of the story, I'm far from certain they will find any DNA (whether he did it or not). Aside from that, DNA doesn't speak to consent. The details here are sketchy, as they are in most cases like this. The prosecutor from the Winston case got in trouble for saying this, although he was right: Regardless of what happened, these cases are very difficult to prove. In the Maryville, Ohio case it took cell phone videos and text messages to prove guilt, and even that was controversial.
If the high school girl wants to pursue this then it's a tough road ahead. It could take over a year to go to trial. If she wants to drop the charges then things may go away for NVS fairly quickly.
Well, as I said, for the purposes of Tulane's team this year, he is likely done already. We need to say goodbye on that one, unless the accuser changes her mind. If it goes to trial, he may be done with football period (see Mackey).
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Has anyone read or seen any further details? The police report in the article quoted above is clearly based upon the woman's story. Wonder what Veal's version is? Did he have sex with her at all? Why did the roommate leave the room at 4 am?

If this was truly him jumping on a drunk passed out girl, he's in deep trouble. If she is falsely accusing him, I feel sorry for what he's having to go through.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V