Ryan Grant

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Will be in the Senior Bowl as per the Advocate. Congrats Ryan.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jonathan
Riptide

Congrats to him!
IM42lane
Swell

Well deserved. He should be awarded the Tulane offensive player of the year.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
dpm wave
Swell

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/4 ... -in-mobile

Consistency has been Grant's calling card at Tulane. He doesn't put up gaudy stats but week in and week out, he's reliable. As such, an NFL team likes nothing more than knowing what’s it getting, positive and/or negative, from a young next level player

He does the little things as a receiver really well. He sells his routes, running pristine paths with subtle moves to make himself available. He'll work to get open. He gets on a DB in a hurry with his burst off the ball. He lines up at nearly every receiver position on the field. He has consistent and magnificent hands. But, he's not a physical freak like Texas A&M's Mike Evans. He doesn't have quite the speed of Oregon's De'Anthony Thomas or the quicks of Oregon State's Brandin Cooks. But, don't sleep on this guy, he's got some explosiveness that could surprise many in Mobile. Quite frankly, he's fun to watch and when was the last time we said that about a player from Tulane? Matt Forte?

The hands, the route running and the ability to get open are all there for Grant. The Senior Bowl is an opportunity for him to show that he can win one-on-one against the best senior defensive backs in the country. My gut tells me that he could really surprise many in Mobile.

dpm wave
Swell

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... io-andrews

Ryan Grant had the best overall day of the South receivers despite a couple of drops. He consistently separated at the top of his routes and was quick to flip his head to gain yards after the catch.

According to Walterfootball.com, the Saints, Cardinals and Chargers have met with Ryan, officially.
Jonathan
Riptide

Kleinpeter who is the LSU A&M reporter for the Times Picayune is covering the Senior Bowl practice.exclusively for the newspaper. 99.9 percent of his articles are LSU A&M shaded but he promised me and Tammy Nunez from the TP that he would dig deep and do a positive article on Tulane's Ryan Grant. Ryan had a stellar day today at Senior Bowl practice with an unbelievable catch. The Executive Director of the Senior Bowl mentioned it on the NFL Network Senior Bowl South Team Practice Show this afternoon.
Jonathan
Riptide

Kleinpeter covers LSU A&M for the TP but he did today a superb article about Tulane's Ryan Grant at the Senior Bowl practice today. Could someone with more commuter skills than me post the article.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Kleinpeter's take :

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river

All reports good so far. Hope he shines on game day. He's come a long way in 5 years. I hope it pays off for him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Game on TV now halftime 20-3 South leads. I just tuned in so I don't know Grant's stats.
The New Orleans Saintsations are cheering on the sidelines for the South. LSU players are wearing different LSU helmets. One guy has a yellow one on and the other guy has a white LSU helmet on. Atlanta Falcons coaching staff on the sidelines (Chris Scelfo)
Last edited by tpstulane on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I cannot watch the Senior Bowl. It seemed Senior Bowl NFL coverage was on the Vandy wide receiver and not Grant. Did Grant make any great plays or look good in the game. I am sure that they gave him limited playing time and the worst South QB to throw to him. I would like to hear what you all observed watching the game.
tnelly15
Riptide

He hasn't played much and I don't think he's even been targeted.
ExileWave
Surge

tnelly15 wrote:He hasn't played much and I don't think he's even been targeted.
He has barely played. The WRs from Bama, Texas and BYU have seen the field on most plays. The TE from Colorado St. is having a good game for the South. Maybe Ryan will play more in the second half. I don't think there is an anti- Tulane conspiracy. I remember Forte, Losman and Ramsey playing a lot and being successful.
Last edited by ExileWave on Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OUG
Riptide

ExileWave wrote:
He has barely played. The WRs from Bama, Texas and BYU have seen the field on most plays. The TE from Colorado is having a good game for the South. Maybe Ryan will play more in the second half. I don;t think there is an anti- Tulane conspiracy. i remember Forte, Losman and Ramsey playing a lot and being successful.
I'm not sure the game really matters anyway. The scouts get a much better look through the practices, where Grant has shined.
ExileWave
Surge

OUG wrote:
ExileWave wrote:
He has barely played. The WRs from Bama, Texas and BYU have seen the field on most plays. The TE from Colorado is having a good game for the South. Maybe Ryan will play more in the second half. I don;t think there is an anti- Tulane conspiracy. i remember Forte, Losman and Ramsey playing a lot and being successful.
I'm not sure the game really matters anyway. The scouts get a much better look through the practices, where Grant has shined.
+1 The only negative I read was that on day 2 he had trouble separating from press coverage. But in general he has helped himself a lot all week.
Jonathan
Riptide

Did he play in second half? You are correct that the analysis by NFL coaches is done mid week during the practice sessions and interviews. . The NFL people go home Friday and they are send a CD of the game. Put I am not happy that the Jacksonville coach did not give him equal playing time with the other receivers on the South squad to showcase his talents.
ExileWave
Surge

Jonathan wrote:Did he play in second half? You are correct that the analysis by NFL coaches is done mid week during the practice sessions and interviews. . The NFL people go home Friday and they are send a CD of the game. Put I am not happy that the Jacksonville coach did not give him equal playing time with the other receivers on the South squad to showcase his talents.
He was on the field a lot in the second half. I did not see him targeted- the South offense didn't do anything in the half. Pretty boring game- a defensive player from Auburn was MVP.
51WaveBG
High Tide

JJ: The Jacksonville Jags fans are not pleased with the coach either. They have trouble giving away tickets to watch them play. He is not a very good coach, coaching a very bad team. Don't know how they pick the coaches for this game, but it seems like that could have made a better pick for the south team.
Jaxwave
Swell

I suspect we'll find out Ryan had a minor injury. It's not like coaches to limit playing time in these type of games.
dpm wave
Swell

Bleacherreport.com has him going in the 5th to Denver:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1936 ... wl/page/37
dpm wave
Swell

Not a good day at the NFL Combine.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2 ... min-landry

He had been looking like a 5th rounder but these results may have pushed him down into the 7th.
lurker123
Swell

dpm wave wrote:Not a good day at the NFL Combine.

He had been looking like a 5th rounder but these results may have pushed him down into the 7th.
Maybe I'm the only guy in town on this but I would much rather be a free agent than a low draft choice. Yes it might cost me a some in bonuses but base salaries for these guys tend to quickly drift to NFL minimums whether drafted or not.

Key thing is the FA player can choose to work where he wants. Novel concept I know that someone has the freedom to pick their employer instead of being told where to go. We allow it to lawyers and fast food clerks and non-athletes. Too bad we don't extend the same right to pro players. (Yes I was a Curt Flood supporter down the line.)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

dpm wave wrote:Not a good day at the NFL Combine.

I thought that's where he would be. But the kid can play football. He's a possession type receiver with great hands and great route running ability (Lance Moore like). You can't really measure those things with that combine matrix. But I do believe he'll end up being a free agent somewhere on a practice squad.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Jonathan
Riptide

I agree these results,lack of speed etc.should push him down from the 5th to the7th round. I hope the Saints who know is true abilities will take him. Santos was the third best kicker. The name of one and two?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

luv the Grant kid, but FA is in his future, and that may not be a bad thing
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Positive outlook on Grant's combine and some info. on Cairo:

http://www.nola.com/tulane/index.ssf/20 ... cart_river