Football Uniforms

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
OUG
Riptide

We've seen a lot of mockups for helmets, but it looks to me like we may be going with a pewter/grey look next year (at least for a few games?).

New TE Commit Kendall Ardoin from Ville Platte on Saturday had this pic taken and posted to twitter:

https://twitter.com/muddyallday/status/ ... 37/photo/1

and you can see the name plates above the lockers have similar grey helmets on them.

I don't know how I feel about grey, but I do like the idea of changing things up (for nothing else, to inject some new vibes into these guys heads and shake loose from the Toledo era for good). And for my money, the execution of the grey jerseys is pretty well done -- the shoulder stripes have a classic look to them, even if the rest of the jersey looks pretty modern. I could live with this.

msdos
Swell

well that looks like shit
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

msdos wrote:well that looks like sh*t
+1
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Pablowow
Ripple

I like them. Bet the pans are grey too!!
wavedat
Swell

OMG it never ends. Those uniforms suck. Our traditional uniforms are great and everyone loves them. It's not the uniforms,it's not the Dome, it's Tulane that's the problem.
Tulane didn't have a stadium issue it had a program and facilities issues. To the new President- we want a new AD , a football facility and an IPF. We want top 25 programs in football and basketball the only two sports that count.
tnelly15
Riptide

I like it.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Looks like an iron on shirt a ten year old would wear who's parents couldn't afford the sewn in number kind. This can't be a gameday jersey. It's downright ugly.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

I hope that's just a practice jersey. Put it on the guys who need to step it up(The TB, RR method)!
ajcalhoun
Swell

Butt-ugly.
God Bless Everyone!
WaveRollin92
High Tide

The players must like it, I like it
w
greenie78
Riptide

That gray is terrible.

I'm cool with the blue helmets because its one of the original colors. We should only have olive, blue, and white in the unis. No freakin gray or black.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

Heaven knows that they've changed the uniforms this way and that almost every other year but the best ones were the ones that they used during the Larry Smith era and I'll stick with that.

And gray would be okay for some use, say as part of the stripes, if it actually were one of the official colors, but since it's never been then I don't see the point of this except to mimic some foolishness that the powers-who-are must think is trendy.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
Fred Dowler
Riptide

greenie78 wrote:That gray is terrible.

I'm cool with the blue helmets because its one of the original colors. We should only have olive, blue, and white in the unis. No freakin gray or black.
Hear, hear.
Tulane sports: small football stadium, very small basketball arena, w̶i̶n̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶g̶r̶a̶m̶s̶, h̶o̶n̶e̶s̶t̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶u̶n̶t̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ , but, hey, now there's tailgating.
COChip
Low Tide

Aside from the white helmets (which I like), those Toledo era uniforms suck. While I'm not advocating going the Oregon route, I see nothing wrong with being seen somewhat creative....kids like it (which we separately need) and it helps in selling merchandise. We are not tradition-rich like Bama, Oklahoma, LSU, etc so changing uniforms often is not sacrilegious.....don't even go there.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Dear Tulane....Please do not use the "Pelican" in any promo's it is butt fuc%1ng ugly.... Bring back "Gumby" riding a Harley !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

Fred Dowler wrote: the best ones were the ones that they used during the Larry Smith era
This.

Someone here uses a Roch Hontas photo as their sig pic and it brings a smile to my face every time I see it. Those were beautiful unis.

We have the prettiest, classiest color combo in college football. We don't need to be f**king it up with gray or black or anything else.
God Bless Everyone!
LSU Law Greenie
Surge

I think the Tulane classic uniforms are the best in college football. With that being said - we suck and have not had a winning season in 10 years - I could care less if we wore pink, orange and purple - JUST WIN BABY!!!
My name is T J Acosta and I approve this message!
Houma de Wave
Swell

LSU Law Greenie wrote:we suck and have not had a winning season in 10 years - I could care less if we wore pink, orange and purple - JUST WIN BABY!!!
Agree. Just win.
TXWave88
Surge

In the 2000s, players wanted black unis. Now, grey is the new black. Just the way it is right now.
JDTulane
Riptide

I don't mind them other then the fact that they look cheap.
Show Me
Tsunami

Cheap and Ugly. We have a top 10 uniform why change that?
tnelly15
Riptide

I honestly don't care what we wear if they win.

For those saying it looks cheap, I guess I'd need to see some more pictures. Looks like the same stuff most other CFB teams that wear nike have.
Ray
Surge

Well actually I like that grey/pewter stuff. Not our team colors, but still sharp. I know, I know, :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Just like it.
OUG
Riptide

They bear a striking resemblance to these:

West Virginia also has started using grey. Guys, White is not a school color either, and neither was black in the late '90s. Blue and green are the school colors, grey, white, and black are neutrals that we have paired with them in the past. It is not the first time we have worn gray uniforms. Grey has been a primary Tulane uniform color in both baseball and basketball.

I don't think I'm thrilled with them, but I bet the players have a say in this. And its a lot more important that we appeal to 19 year old kids than we appeal to anyone on here. I love our current uniforms, but they are a little dated compared to what the kids these days want to wear, which is the Nike Pro Combat stuff.
AugWave
Swell

Shiiid, I like it. Players like it. That's all that matters..
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.