Tanner Lee

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
sader24
Tsunami

Been hearing for weeks that if he had anyone who could catch the ball consistently his #'s would be totally obscene.

AugWave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote:Mike Neu was an NFL scout. It's nice to know we have a professional talent evaluator in the program. Clearly, none existed on the prior staff.
Our previous staff recruited guys that had size over talent (on the lines). Still don't get the logic behind that. Boise does the opposite. Get guys that can PLAY and PLAY HARD (Nico Marley for example). If you're outsized, you're outsized. When you get totally outplayed due to talent, it's embarrassing.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
sader24
Tsunami

AugWave wrote:
JerseyWave wrote:Mike Neu was an NFL scout. It's nice to know we have a professional talent evaluator in the program. Clearly, none existed on the prior staff.
Our previous staff recruited guys that had size over talent (on the lines). Still don't get the logic behind that. Boise does the opposite. Get guys that can PLAY and PLAY HARD (Nico Marley for example). If you're outsized, you're outsized. When you get totally outplayed due to talent, it's embarrassing.
Agreed, I'll take talented guys with less size that play hard over bigger guys with little talent who are soft.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

21 TD passes no interceptions.
http://highschoolsports.nola.com/m/article/6260543/
Jesuit counters with Tanner Lee, a Tulane commitment whose play has elevated him into the conversation as one of the state’s top quarterbacks, has completed 73 of 119 passes for 1,610 yards and 21 touchdowns with no interceptions.

“I think he is the better quarterback of the two of us,” Williams said. “He’s a much more mature quarterback. I’ve been watching him as a fan of the game. Some times I take some of the things he does and use them in my game.”

Lee said: “Our offenses have been clashing since the eighth grade. Damian is tough to beat. I definitely respect his style. He’s doing a great job.

“It’s fun (playing a game like this). You’ve got to love it. You play to win. The fun part is watching your hard work pay off.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:21 TD passes no interceptions.
http://highschoolsports.nola.com/m/article/6260543/
Jesuit counters with Tanner Lee, a Tulane commitment whose play has elevated him into the conversation as one of the state’s top quarterbacks, has completed 73 of 119 passes for 1,610 yards and 21 touchdowns with no interceptions.

“I think he is the better quarterback of the two of us,” Williams said. “He’s a much more mature quarterback. I’ve been watching him as a fan of the game. Some times I take some of the things he does and use them in my game.”

Lee said: “Our offenses have been clashing since the eighth grade. Damian is tough to beat. I definitely respect his style. He’s doing a great job.

“It’s fun (playing a game like this). You’ve got to love it. You play to win. The fun part is watching your hard work pay off.”
How great would it be to get both Tanner Lee AND Damian Williams? That would be a great story (3 kids from New Orleans playing QB at Tulane). *sigh* I think he's gonna wind up at either Nebraska or Kansas State. He fits right in with the Colin Klein/Taylor Martinez mold. But then again, who knows what's really happening with that. 8-)
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jesuit vs Rummel live stream at 7pm tonight on sportsnola.com
http://www.sportsnola.com/sports/prep-s ... ernet.html
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/a ... 9-5a-play/
Lee was kept in check, completing just 12 of 31 passes for 171 yards, but 80 of those yards came on a scoring pass to wide receiver Matthew Hackney on the game’s first play.
Tulane Class of 1981
sader24
Tsunami

I watched the game. He moves really well, not slow at all. His arm is legit, needs to work some on accuracy, but it was extremely windy tonight. He looks and carries himself like a QB. He was under constant pressure the whole night. From what I saw tonight I think he's going to be really good. Looks polished for a High School QB.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote:I watched the game. He moves really well, not slow at all. His arm is legit, needs to work some on accuracy, but it was extremely windy tonight. He looks and carries himself like a QB. He was under constant pressure the whole night. From what I saw tonight I think he's going to be really good. Looks polished for a High School QB.
+1
The replay will be on TV again this Tuesday night. Same station as last weeks game vs Bro Martin.
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Rummel is the high school equivilant of playing Alabama. I'm sure they probably put alot of pressure on Lee. I'm looking forward to seeing that replay.
tnelly15
Riptide

Show Me wrote:Rummel is the high school equivilant of playing Alabama. .
No, not quite. That would be accurate if you insert John Curtis for Rummel.
AugWave
Swell

tnelly15 wrote:
Rummel is Florida.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

AugWave wrote:
tnelly15 wrote:
Rummel is Florida.
Jesuit must be LSU then ........ lol
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

tpstulane wrote:
AugWave wrote:
tnelly15 wrote:
Rummel is Florida.
Jesuit must be LSU then ........ lol
Hey-O!!
wavemania
Surge

Rummel has had a great defense the past few years. Hope we are recruiting some of them. I would also like to see us go after Rummel qb D Williams. Could be a heck of an athlete, if not qb.
TU23
High Tide

wavemania wrote:Rummel has had a great defense the past few years. Hope we are recruiting some of them. I would also like to see us go after Rummel qb D Williams. Could be a heck of an athlete, if not qb.
He'd be a heck of a power runner or an h-back type. He's got some work to do at QB, but if he went somewhere like K-State where he wouldn't have to throw 20 times a game, he could stay at QB. I'd like to see what he could do at LB. He looks like he could bring the wood.
sader24
Tsunami

Rummel is currently #1 in the state. Williams could be a really good QB at K.St or Arizona. OTOH if he wants to play in the NFL he should move to LB in college. He would make a real nasty LB. Moves well, hits hard and angry, and being a High School QB probably has a really good nose for the ball and reading whats happening with the offense.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It is great to know that we have a real pro evaluating talent. But this kid was originally recruited by Doug Lichtenberger and his staff. Hopefully Neu, CJ and the rest of the staff will be able to keep him in the fold.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Replay is on TV tonight.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Watch Tanner Lee replay for Jesuit vs Rummel on WHNO TV,
Channel 20 at 8 p.m.
Channel 14 on Charter Cable
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wow first play of the game Lee throws an 80 yard TD pass!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Still watching, one other thing I noticed about Lee is that he has real good speed for a dropback QB and he also has great escapability in the pocket.
Tulane Class of 1981
tnelly15
Riptide

Lee and jesuit took a loss to West Jeff today 24-17.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

tnelly15 wrote:Lee and jesuit took a loss to West Jeff today 24-17.
Wow. That's a killer.
Tulane Class of 1981
AugWave
Swell

tnelly15 wrote:Lee and jesuit took a loss to West Jeff today 24-17.
I guess a certain commit of ours easily locked up those receivers of Jesuit eh? 8-)