2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

pansdad wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:15 pm DCfromCT, do you feel better now that you so severely put down a fellow Tulane fan.
No, he's an idiot.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

The Big East is a power conference in basketball.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

So is the AAC
WavyHoops
High Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:08 pm So is the AAC
Well, it would be if it didn't have a team with a 300 RPI in it. :o
WavyHoops
High Tide

Sit one, play two.
ajcalhoun
Swell

"I couldn’t ride they wave dawg cuz they ain’t talkin bout nun"

Somebody help me here?

Anybody?
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 pm

Sit one, play two.
A former 3 star recruit out of Mt. Zion Prep, Teshaun spent two years at UGa, and was a starter earlier this past season before falling out of favor with Tom Crean late in the season.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm "I couldn’t ride they wave dawg cuz they ain’t talkin bout nun"

Somebody help me here?

Anybody?
someone was waving good bye to their dog, while having a converstaion, not related to the catholic religion
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Good to see us get somebody. . . But we still dont know who will actually play in games for us next year. Walker & Days and . . . ???????
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:12 pm "I couldn’t ride they wave dawg cuz they ain’t talkin bout nun"

Somebody help me here?

Anybody?
I'm with you. I'd love that one explained. Seems he is riding the Wave and ain't a dawg no more.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He has good length to play the aggressive match up zone Hunter likes. His freshman year he averaged 11 minutes a game, scored 3.6 a game with 1.4 rebounds. This year he started 17 games and averaged 17 minutes a game. He scored 6.5 a game and averaged 1.9 rebounds a game.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Looks as if Coach Hunter , as was Coach Fritz , is sticking close to the players he was more familiar with in his abbreviated recruiting window for his first class .

Just as Coach Fritz has I am confident Coach Hunter will be looking with a wider roster focus for 20 / 21 recruiting .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Building process begins:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... b7834.html

Daniels still working out at Tulane.
ajcalhoun
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:21 pm Looks as if Coach Hunter , as was Coach Fritz , is sticking close to the players he was more familiar with in his abbreviated recruiting window for his first class .

Just as Coach Fritz has I am confident Coach Hunter will be looking with a wider roster focus for 20 / 21 recruiting .
Every once in a while you show a clarity of thought that is just spot-on. This is one of those rare times that I am in complete agreement with you. (Not that you are seeking my approval.)
God Bless Everyone!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Looks like Caleb Daneils is gone. Unless I'm unaware of rule changes, when you hire an agent, you give up your remaining NCAA eligibility. (I've been wrong before, and hope I'm wrong here!)
https://twitter.com/GuidoGuida/status/1 ... 7149789184
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There's a new rule that allows them to withdraw by a date in late May I believe even if they had hired an agent. There are limitations as to what the agent can pay for during that period.
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm There's a new rule that allows them to withdraw by a date in late May I believe even if they had hired an agent. There are limitations as to what the agent can pay for during that period.
Pretty sure it's May 29.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Interesting. Caleb Daniels hires James Dunleavy as his agent. James Dunleavy's other clients include Cam Reynolds and Mike Dunleavy Jr. (son of our recently departed coach). One could easily imagine several conspiratorial scenarios.
WavyHoops
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:29 pm Interesting. Caleb Daniels hires James Dunleavy as his agent. James Dunleavy's other clients include Cam Reynolds and Mike Dunleavy Jr. (son of our recently departed coach). One could easily imagine several conspiratorial scenarios.
Nothing conspiratorial about the best player on a team checking out pro options and going with an agent he knows and trusts.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:29 pm There's a new rule that allows them to withdraw by a date in late May I believe even if they had hired an agent. There are limitations as to what the agent can pay for during that period.
Pretty sure it's May 29.
That is the date I think it is too.
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:21 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:51 pm
Pretty sure it's May 29.
That is the date I think it is too.
Will see a lot of dominos falling that week.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Per Jon Rothstein, the following potential transfers visiting in the coming weeks:

Marco Anthony (Virginia)
KJ Lawson (Kansas) - grad
Nic Thomas (Norfolk State) - grad
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Did Lawson graduate? He's a listed as a RS Sophmore. But he's had a medical RS and a transfer RS, so maybe he's completed a degree? It's similar to Nic Thomas, whom had a "hardship RS" and then a medical RS. Bringing in two players that could play immediately would be huge! Both play guard, but Lawson is a big man at 6'8" while Thomas is only 6'2". Lawson started 31 of 32 games at Memphis before transferring and was never more than help off the bench at Kansas, averaging 9 minutes/game.
WavyHoops
High Tide

I don't think much of this fellow's "scoops" to date, but he's good at tracking the recruiting info: