Great story on Will Wade

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I am absolutely loving the spectacle of LSU & Wade getting publicly implicated in these wire taps . . . I assume Wade will be suspended this week. Even LSU can’t turn a blind eye on this, especially as ESPN and the nation props it up front and center in the news cycle.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... sing-offer

While it doesn’t make me feel better about dunleavy, it atleast distracts me from recognizing we even have a basketball program.

GreenLantern
Riptide

When terms like 'FBI wiretap' and 'recruiting offer' get tossed around, it sounds like deep doo doo.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/exclusive ... 8BmLgOfrPY
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agreed ! I enjoy watching the meltdown on tigerdroppings and some of their fans are convinced because Wade only said “offer” that their was no action and he’ll be fine. Haha how delusional. He said something along the lines of his offer was greater than a NBA minimum contract

He is dead to rights
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He got the player he wanted with that offer in Javonte Smart.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

When all is said and done Alleva and Wade both going to be fired over this. I’ve always been skeptical when it comes to LSU getting in trouble but this time LSU is in big big trouble. Their number #3 ranked Class was bought and paid for. The rats will come out next with the FBI involved. Very possible LSU Men’s basketball could easily get the death penalty once the investigation is concluded.
If Alleva wants to save his job and a possible death penalty he should be proactive and suspend Wade until the investigation is over and have the bought and paid for team sit out the NCAA’s.

Note: Moved Topics so it could pop to the top where it belongs!
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

“Wade needs to be fired” “LSU needs to sit out the NCAA tournament”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 095307002/
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:13 am Note: Moved Topics so it could pop to the top where it belongs!

I was wondering how this was unmentioned here! Now I see that it wasn't.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:43 am “Wade needs to be fired” “LSU needs to sit out the NCAA tournament”
c'mon, we all know if there is not an "exotic dancer" involved, Joey A ain't gonna do a damn thing
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:54 am
tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:13 am Note: Moved Topics so it could pop to the top where it belongs!

I was wondering how this was unmentioned here! Now I see that it wasn't.
Same here. I happened on it by chance
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

"Active topics" will always bring you to the most recent threads, regardless of which forum they're posted in.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:19 am "Active topics" will always bring you to the most recent threads, regardless of which forum they're posted in.
For some reason it’s not true for all topics. I posted this yesterday and it didn’t come up in recent topics, and now you’ll see mods saying they moved it for visibility.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:19 am "Active topics" will always bring you to the most recent threads, regardless of which forum they're posted in.
Except ULL stuff :mrgreen:
Tulane Class of 1981
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:43 am “Wade needs to be fired” “LSU needs to sit out the NCAA tournament”
Words of wisdom from Stephen Smith of ESPN on the Will Wade mess;
While Mark Schlabach thinks ‘dem Tiggers will instead “ride it out” to see what happens for the federal cases:
Wave755
Tsunami

And, the federal law legal theory for the basketball prosecutions can be applied as well to college football recruiting. :D
Wave755
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:23 am
For some reason it’s not true for all topics. I posted this yesterday and it didn’t come up in recent topics, and now you’ll see mods saying they moved it for visibility.
To clarify, topics in the "THOSE OTHER LOUISIANA SCHOOLS" forum DO NOT show in recent topics. This is intended behavior.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:26 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:23 am
To clarify, topics in the "THOSE OTHER LOUISIANA SCHOOLS" forum DO NOT show in recent topics. This is intended behavior.
In response to Cajun Troll who now lives in darkness (no electricity) in Venezuela. :D
Wave755
Tsunami

Advocate article on Will Wade suspension: https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 1c806.html
nawlinspete
Riptide

Why is A,lleva not suspended also , he had to have been involved every step of the way....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agreed - alleva should be suspended as well. This is just LSU trying to drag their feet until after the ncaa tourney, but I think there’s too much attention and Heat on them. It will be interesting to see what happens on selection Sunday if these circumstances stay the same. Would the ncaa selection committee finally have the balls to do something drastic if Lsu doesn’t self police itself ? USA Today has an editorial from dan wolken stating that LSU shouldn’t be allowed to play in the tourney. I agree.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I like and respect Will Wade a whole lot more than Steven A Smith. But that's not saying much. Smith on ESPN is like an angry version of Don King. He comes on, I change the channel immediately.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Smart needs to be suspended too. The school should refuse any post season play including the SEC tourney.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Step 1 in death penalty damage control. Alleva and Smart need to be suspended now. And I agree with Win that the school needs to sit out the SEC and NCAA tournaments.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Full meltdown mode on Tigerdroppings if anyone's bored this Friday afternoon!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson