Temple Whips Tulane 80-69, 18th Consecutive Loss

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 1 on ESPNU. Temple is favored by 17 1/2.
Last edited by winwave on Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Temple at home with everything to play for. This could get ugly.
greenie78
Riptide

Must win game for Temple. They have a chance to become the 4th AAC team to get in with UH, Cincinnati, and UCF sure locks.
oliveandblue
Surge

I actually think that we have a decent squad to build off of. I think that Dunleavy has recruited well - but I don't buy into his coaching ability at a program like Tulane.

We need a certain type of coach. I honestly think that a dull, defensive mind would do okay in this league.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

How long is Dannen going to allow this embarassment to continue???? Haven’t won a game in almost 3 months!
oliveandblue
Surge

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:46 pm How long is Dannen going to allow this embarassment to continue???? Haven’t won a game in almost 3 months!
He should wait until after the conference tourney if he wants to do anything.
gbgreenie
Surge

Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Idiots, this team did not quit, played well against maybe the best team in the conference. They were blown out by this team at Foglemen. Dunleavy has seen how to have Wood, Crabtree, Daniels and Sehric mess together. Good point guard and this team is pretty good. Bright outlook for next year with Embo and new players coming in. Sad how shallow your through processes on as far as this team focusing just on wins and not improvement. Some of you are so sad and narrowly focused its pathetic. Team is playing tough, growing with experience for Wood, and Crabtree, Seric is a leader. Very bright future, announcers even praised Dunleavy for timeout adjustments.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

oliveandblue wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:34 pm I actually think that we have a decent squad to build off of. I think that Dunleavy has recruited well - but I don't buy into his coaching ability at a program like Tulane.

We need a certain type of coach. I honestly think that a dull, defensive mind would do okay in this league.
My thoughts are the same. From a pure talent standpoint, this team should have won a few conference games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The coaching is horrific. There's not much talent either. There's just not.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

There's enough talent that we should fall into a few wins, especially more than the 4 we got out of a weak pre-conference schedule. But let's not start another Dunleavy stinks thread. Ignore the gbc posts entirely.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I never said we shouldn't have more wins and it wasn't gb that I was responding to.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:38 pm I never said we shouldn't have more wins and it wasn't gb that I was responding to.
And my post had ZERO to do with yours!
WavyHoops
High Tide

I was wrong about this being a blowout.
Temple was flat, the gym was dead (Spring Break I think) and only Tulane turnovers and lax defense at key moments kept the upset from being in play.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:38 pm I never said we shouldn't have more wins and it wasn't gb that I was responding to.
Since it appeared right after mine and I talked about our lack of talent you can see why I took it that way.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:19 pm
Since it appeared right after mine and I talked about our lack of talent you can see why I took it that way.
I do. No biggie.

:cheers:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Back at ya. :cheers:
greenie78
Riptide

It’s sad but part of me is hoping for ugly losses so it puts pressure on TD to make a move.
dpm wave
Swell

gbgreenie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:04 pm Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Very bright future, announcers even praised Dunleavy for timeout adjustments.
MicMan
Swell

WE COVERED
ajcalhoun
Swell

dpm wave wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:53 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:04 pm Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:03 pm
Very bright future, announcers even praised Dunleavy for timeout adjustments.

Definitely not stupid; some Grade A trolling going on here.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:42 pm It’s sad but part of me is hoping for ugly losses so it puts pressure on TD to make a move.
I’m sure you’re not alone in hoping for ugly losses. This entire season has been the ultimate humiliation. The entire basketball program is a shambles—with no end in sight. It really doesn’t matter what happens at this point. If Dannen keeps MD, then he really doesn’t care about Tulane’s athletic profile. We haven’t won a game in 3 months, soon to be 11 months, and counting.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave QB
Swell

Damn man. Are we really going to go winless in our conference?
swampnik
Surge

MD has used Gallic these last few games to give him a taste of the floor for his good work at practice. Gallic should get 10 minutes in the last two games to see if he could contribute more on next year's squad. Glad Cornish will be gone and I think Zhang should see the team psy (his problems are not mechanical but mental at this point, no confidence). Really hope Sehic will decide to stay cause this team should have a good feel next year; MD being the X-factor in that last thought.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We only have two players that can play at this level in Daniels and Sehic. Even without MD there isn't much to look forward to next season.,
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:38 am We only have two players that can play at this level in Daniels and Sehic. Even without MD there isn't much to look forward to next season.,
I disagree. I think u underrate the freshmen being thrown into roles they should not be in until they are soph or jrs.