Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:46 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:57 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 am His FB career path choices have been a complete train wreck. It’s nearly impossible to mess up that bad if when trying. The QB’s today that sit at least try to move on to a program where there’s an opportunity to start. His moves have been baffling.
The P5 obsession has destroyed his football career—and nobody at any of his P5 schools care.
Yep. No question. As it has destroyed many unnamed others.
From what I’ve heard, it’s been his Dad’s doing. Thinks he is the next Russell Wilson. We’re better off with McMillan.

Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 am The QB’s today that sit at least try to move on to a program where there’s an opportunity to start.
Yep, Justin McMillan couldn’t be happier to be a Green Wave. And, if Justin stays healthy he will start 13 games for us next year (yes, we go bowling again). :)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Wave755 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:27 pm
tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 am The QB’s today that sit at least try to move on to a program where there’s an opportunity to start.
Yep, Justin McMillan couldn’t be happier to be a Green Wave. And, if Justin stays healthy he will start 13 games for us next year (yes, we go bowling again). :)
And beat either UCF or Auburn . . . I’m going to beat this drum all offseason long
RobertM320
Green Wave

14 games. I fully expect us to be in the AAC CG next year.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:58 am
+1,🤔, let’s hope so! :D
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:58 am
+1,🤔, let’s hope so! :D
nawlinspete
Riptide

This thread needs to die the same death as the T Lee thread ...
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
WeWave2
Ripple

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:28 am
Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:52 pm Well Wave fans, final score Oklahoma State 38, Missouri 33 for a poorly attended Autozone Liberty Bowl. And, I am afraid again :shakingno: the number of Lindsey Scott, 2015 Louisiana Gator Aid player of the year, was not called for an Ole Mizzou football game. :megagrin:
I’m guessing he’ll be hitting the road again soon. I have to believe the Mizzou head coach would rather use the schollie on somebody other than a 5th string QB.
Never really understood the wave obsession with this kid. McMillan stayed at LSU for three years before moving here. Scott left LSU after 1. Scott now has 2 yrs of eligibility, as did McMillan when came here. These athletes make decisions that have risks. I'm not going criticize the move to Mizzou because it hasnt worked in his favor, or because we seem to believe that Tulane provided less of a risk. If less risk, was not what he valued, thats personal to him. I wish him luck.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WeWave2 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:36 pm
Wave755 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:52 pm Well Wave fans, final score Oklahoma State 38, Missouri 33 for a poorly attended Autozone Liberty Bowl. And, I am afraid again :shakingno: the number of Lindsey Scott, 2015 Louisiana Gator Aid player of the year, was not called for an Ole Mizzou football game. :megagrin:
I’m guessing he’ll be hitting the road again soon. I have to believe the Mizzou head coach would rather use the schollie on somebody other than a 5th string QB.
Never really understood the wave obsession with this kid. McMillan stayed at LSU for three years before moving here. Scott left LSU after 1. Scott now has 2 yrs of eligibility, as did McMillan when came here. These athletes make decisions that have risks. I'm not going criticize the move to Mizzou because it hasnt worked in his favor, or because we seem to believe that Tulane provided less of a risk. If less risk, was not what he valued, thats personal to him. I wish him luck.
Willie Fritz obsession. He recruited the kid non stop from HS through LSU. Scott attended a few games at Yulman. The media built him up and encouraged him to sign originally with Tulane. Wave fans interested because of that and the potential fit of his skill set with the WF/Ruse offense. Now with an new OC that may no longer be the case. He chose Pee 5 over P time.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
ajcalhoun
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:59 am This thread needs to die the same death as the T Lee thread ...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4153&start=2150
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Will this thread make 40 pages ? I think it’s all but assured
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:42 pm
WeWave2 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:36 pm
Willie Fritz obsession. He recruited the kid non stop from HS through LSU. Scott attended a few games at Yulman. The media built him up and encouraged him to sign originally with Tulane. Wave fans interested because of that and the potential fit of his skill set with the WF/Ruse offense. Now with an new OC that may no longer be the case. He chose Pee 5 over P time.
And it's a lesson that hopefully many recruits will heed in the years to come. For that reason alone, the Saga of Lindsey Scott will likely be resurrected and/or referred to for years to come.
Last edited by HoustonWave on Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am Will this thread make 40 pages ? I think it’s all but assured
But it still isn't in the league of the infamous Tanner Lee thread--which I think was in the high 80's, last time it was updated.
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:45 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am Will this thread make 40 pages ? I think it’s all but assured
But it still isn't in the league of the infamous Tanner Lee thread--which I think was in the high 80's, last time it was updated.
Both of those threads are just minor diversions. If you want to talk threads, the Yulman Stadium (Benson Field) thread is 247 pages long. THAT'S a thread!
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Show Me
Tsunami

He did have fun playing Juco ball in Mississippi. :lol:
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:19 am His FB career path choices have been a complete train wreck. It’s nearly impossible to mess up that bad if when trying. The QB’s today that sit at least try to move on to a program where there’s an opportunity to start. His moves have been baffling.
1) Almost every fringe LA recruit who gets a LSU offer takes it. He realized he wasn;t going to play and moved on. Seems reasonable

2) He went to Mizzou knowing the current QB would be going to the NFL and he thus had a clear path to be the starter (after getting a bunch of other good offers BTW). He had no idea that Mizzou would be signing so many quality transfers. Again seems reasonable.
He just isn't an SEC quality player.

I don;t understand why so many want to crap on the kid. Plenty of players make choices that end with them riding the bench at every stop. I feel like if he didn;t spurn TU then this thread would have died long ago.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:11 am
1) Almost every fringe LA recruit who gets a LSU offer takes it. He realized he wasn;t going to play and moved on. Seems reasonable

2) He went to Mizzou knowing the current QB would be going to the NFL and he thus had a clear path to be the starter (after getting a bunch of other good offers BTW). He had no idea that Mizzou would be signing so many quality transfers. Again seems reasonable.

I don;t understand why so many want to crap on the kid. Plenty of players make choices that end with them riding the bench at every stop. I feel like if he didn;t spurn TU then this thread would have died long ago.
His chances at starting were always the highest with Tulane. Nobody else recruited him. LSU threw him a bone when they lost a few guys late in the process. He wanted Pee 5 and Mizz was his only Pee 5 offer so he took it. Like I said he chose Pee 5 over P time. He thought he was too good to go to for G5 which is fine. In the end it worked out better for the Wave anyway because McMillan can do it all. Not crapping on the guy just pointing out the facts. I hope he’s happy and wish him well.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:32 am

His chances at starting were always the highest with Tulane. Nobody else recruited him. LSU threw him a bone when they lost a few guys late in the process. He wanted Pee 5 and Mizz was his only Pee 5 offer so he took it. Like I said he chose Pee 5 over P time. He thought he was too good to go to for G5 which is fine. In the end it worked out better for the Wave anyway because McMillan can do it all. Not crapping on the guy just pointing out the facts. I hope he’s happy and wish him well.
Out of JUCO he also got Kansas and Oregon State offers. Out of HS he got Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse and Wake offers.

The list of kids who take P5 offers and end up on the bench is so long that it is a waste of our time to even talk about it.
Wave755
Tsunami

We are much better off with Justin McMillan. I believe Scott had no intention of going toTulane if any Pee 5 program offered him.

Besides Missouri, Scott had interest from Southern, Tulane, UT-San Antonio, Kansas, Georgia State, New Mexico State and Western Michigan. https://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge ... 469b9.html And, I believe a winless Orgeon State may have shown some interest as well?

Scott did us a favor by going to Ole Mizzou. WF misjudged Scott for a FBS starting QB. Ole Mizzou has wasted a scholarship on Scott, not Tulane.:D
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:43 am

Out of JUCO he also got Kansas and Oregon State offers. Out of HS he got Maryland, Rutgers, Syracuse and Wake offers.

The list of kids who take P5 offers and end up on the bench is so long that it is a waste of our time to even talk about it.
I was talking second go around.
Kansas and Oregon St both were suspect with uncertainty. As proven out Kansas fired their coach and OSU went 2-10 and will do the same in the near future.
So those two offers were bottom of the barrel and had little chance of getting him. Mizz is SEC and that’s why he went with that.
Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 am

Kansas and Oregon St both were suspect with uncertainty. As proven out Kansas fired their coach and OSU went 2-10 and will do the same in the near future.
So those two offers were bottom of the barrel and had little chance of getting him. Mizz is SEC and that’s why he went with that.
I think it is pretty clear he did not want to go to TU at any point. Case closed.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:27 am
I think it is pretty clear he did not want to go to TU at any point. Case closed.
He sure spent enough time around the program for not wanting to come here. But he didn't come here, so that's that. Wish him the best.

McMillan is ok, but I wouldn't put him in the running for all-conference (yet, at least).
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:58 am

All true. The real story of Lindsey Scott isn't whether he ever really wanted to attend Tulane, nor whether he should have, or have not, transferred to Last Chance U, and then Mizzou. The epic story of Lindsey Scott is how blinded he was by the P5 light--and what that can ultimately mean for many recruits. As Dirty Harry said, "a man's got to know his limitations".
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Oh no
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:40 pm Oh no
Is this the next member of the Scott family that's going to take a P5 offer to ride pine?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V